Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Death Note Mafia

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#21 Sinistral

Sinistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

Yes I realize this sounds counter-intuitive, but if you think about it logically, I think that coming forward was the best course of action. If I am killed, then there will be two people who take my place who have better abilities if they work together. To put it into words most of us have heard before, the DNH and Shinigami should realize that "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." :P

Having said that, I don't expect to survive until the end of the game, in fact I am very certain that I will die, but at least for now it does not make sense for them to kill me. By coming forward as L, I can be more helpful than waiting and staying quiet and possibly being killed without anyone knowing. I made that mistake in the Heroes game and I don't want to repeat it.

CL, I didn't get any information last night, we will have to depend on the task force working together, so Wedy as I mentioned before, I have a message for you. I will try to keep sending messages through Watari or Wedy so that the DNH and Shinigami do not know what we are up to.

#22 Ben Law

Ben Law

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

Since all the characters are new for me, it is taking me sometime to plan the strategy for this game. Have read it 4 Times already, but may need to read again a few more times.

#23 rene83

rene83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:14 PM

I am with you BL, it is difficult to devise a strategy this tiem around. So if Sinistral gets whacked then that leaves Mello and Near to be double trouble. therefore it would not be in the baddies interest to kill him off or then there will be 2 people to deal with insetad of one. i wonder if the colors may represent Mello adn Near and their combination would be SInistral.....
Edit: I was also thinking that maybe the colors had something to do with the person's name like maybe blue=BL or BB purple =prof templ. ... but that doesnt make sense.... ugh head hurts. Gonna get back to work...

Edited by rene83, 22 October 2008 - 07:17 PM.

#24 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:33 PM

Well I don't know if outing yourself as L was the best move. After my first read of your message, I wondered why you didn't try to obtain a True Name, but I see now the DNH would have been notified and might have killed you before you got the message out. I still don't see Mellow and Near as much of a deterent though, with so many people to choose from. The odds are low that both will target to same person. They seem more useful when fewer people remain. Plus with you gone there would be no more night messages. Maybe I'm missing something key. Would you want an apple tonight, just in case? That would protect you from the Shinigami at least, but not the DNH.

#25 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

The purple was like the time in the show when both Light and L both say "I am JUSTICE!" at the same time. Nothing more... I don't think :unsure:

So Light's already out huh? I guess the deterrent may be effective, but I do agree that there's no way you're gonna last to the end of the game now :P I hope you realized that as soon as one of the Shinigami nail one of your replacements with the Shinigami eyes (they both get to use the eyes every single night and a kill every day [that's 2 IDs per night, and 1 kill per night]), they're gonna come after you next.

I'm not exactly sure how we are supposed to win against something like that. I guess the best thing for us is that Ryuk shouldn't care about killing anyone but Light.

Well, from what I could gather in the night post, the DNH made an attempt on Itachi and it didn't work, but the other attempt was not mentioned. At this point, I can no longer speculate if Itachi was attacked merely because he was a guess, or if he is one of the DNH trying to throw suspicion off of himself. This has become a cliche, and I don't care to make that accusation. As for the other, unmentioned name written in the note... I assume that means that they specified the character to die the following night. So it will not be mentioned/confirmed until the post tonight. :ph34r:

Good news though, the actions from last night do give me a good idea. Tomorrow night, the DNH should write Ryuk's name in the death note. He will not die, but his name will be revealed in the night post. That way we can lynch Ryuk the next day. :D

Now... I'm not sure who to vote for in the lynch today. So I will reserve my vote for now, until people begin to become somewhat active. Also, I will not be around for the next 4hrs b/c I'm heading to the State Fair. B)) Take it easy everyone, viva la task force! :lol:

Edited by Brandonb, 22 October 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#26 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 09:27 PM

I don't think I buy into Itachi being a baddie and attacking himself to throw off suspicion. This reminds me of another recent game where someone tried to malign Itachi on the first day. I think the DNH targeted Itachi because they see him as a threat. So, I'm gonna start the voting off with you, Brandonb. Plus, you may have made a freudian slip when you said Light's already out instead of L, in your last post. <_< I hope you see this before going to the fair. Oh, and have fun. :P

Shinigami King: Y
Roster:
1) Dawh
2) Prof. Templeton - voting for Brandonb
3) Sinistral
4) Cherry Lane
5) Grey Cells
6) Itachi-san
7) Brandonb
8) Joe's Student
9) Rene83
10) Woon
11) FoolontheHill
12) Ben Law

I don't normally like to vote first, especially with virtually no information, but someone has to step up.

#27 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

Good news though, the actions from last night do give me a good idea. Tomorrow night, the DNH should write Ryuk's name in the death note. He will not die, but his name will be revealed in the night post. That way we can lynch Ryuk the next day. :D

Not sure who to vote for yet; I do think that Bb trying to throw suspicion on Itachi right off the bat is a little suspect, though he usually has his reasons and they are not always evil :ph34r: :P

That's an interesting strategy to find Ryuk, but it would only work with a 50% chance as the DNH don't know which Shinigami is which. Also, we don't know how Y-san will deal with a Death note written for a character that it can't kill. She may not reveal the identity at all. It's in everyone's benefit (except Ryuk's :P ) to find his identity, but it's up to the DNH to take orders from you. Besides, L has given them such an enticing target.

I'm just saying that it's not necessarily going to be that easy to flush him out... :( Unless you've seen something that I'm missing. :unsure:

I personally think that L's strategy was a bit fool-hardy as until Wedy finds Mellow and Near, they are not likely to be any more effective than L is going to be now if the DNH kill him.

Sorry for this series of random thoughts, I'm a little busy at the moment and not always writing sensibly... :wacko:

#28 Sinistral

Sinistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

I personally think that L's strategy was a bit fool-hardy as until Wedy finds Mellow and Near, they are not likely to be any more effective than L is going to be now if the DNH kill him.

I was going to include this as part of my message to Wedy, but there's probably no harm in saying it now. If I am killed, Wedy should deliver a message from Mellow to Near, and there will be no odds and no guessing involved. Wedy does not need to "find" them, she can just pick their True Names and deliver the message. Therefore, the DNH and Shinigami should consider Mellow and Near to be much more effective than I am. Wedy, there is still more to the message than this so please continue with the original plan.

Bb does bring up a good point which I had not considered... I was under the impression that the Shinigami only got to act on alternating nights, and not that they got two chances to ID each night. Ysan, could you confirm this please? Looking back over the rules I fear I may have misinterpreted this. :(

Edited by Sinistral, 22 October 2008 - 10:39 PM.

#29 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

I was going to include this as part of my message to Wedy, but there's probably no harm in saying it now. If I am killed, Wedy should deliver a message from Mellow to Near, and there will be no odds and no guessing involved. Wedy does not need to "find" them, she can just pick their True Names and deliver the message. Therefore, the DNH and Shinigami should consider Mellow and Near to be much more effective than I am. Wedy, there is still more to the message than this so please continue with the original plan.

Bb does bring up a good point which I had not considered... I was under the impression that the Shinigami only got to act on alternating nights, and not that they got two chances to ID each night. Ysan, could you confirm this please? Looking back over the rules I fear I may have misinterpreted this. :(

Sorry, I misread Wedy's role description :blush: That's much more powerful than I thought.

I'm not sure what you and Bb are talking about. Do the Shinigami have BTSC? It doesn't say so as far as I can see. That's what he's implying, isn't it? :unsure:

#30 foolonthehill

foolonthehill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

From my re-read (for about the 15th time, as I don't know the show and there are so many rules!)) it looks like they kill alternate nights but get to see a true name each every night. Also think I'm with the Prof in thinking that perhaps it wasn't the best move to out yourself....but won't go into any more detail in case it encourages the dnh to kill you!

Not sure about the day night time timings but going to bed now and not sure if the vote willl be over when I'm back. In case it is then my non-vote is not because of inactivity but I would be voting completely randomly - except that I wouldn't vote for itachi (who I think is most likely task force). sinistral or myself!

Will add my vote if there has been more activity in the morning. In the meantime ... *chooses a completely randomly inactive name and please read nothing into it, I am just starting discussion!* woon, care to explain why we shouldn't lynch you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users