Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Death Note Mafia

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#11 Sinistral

Sinistral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:14 AM

Spoiler for Y is

Edited by Sinistral, 22 October 2008 - 07:16 AM.

#12 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 07:27 AM

NIGHT ONE

A dying streetlight flickered as the young man walked up to his apartment building. The burst briefly illuminated the thoughtful expression on his face. In his hand, the young man clasp a dark notebook with the letters DEATH NOTE engraved on the cover. On one of the its pages, a name had been carefully written early that night.

Guess I was wrong about Itachi-san’s True Name, Light thought as he turned the key in the lock and pushed open the door to his apartment. Immediately, a vapid odor assaulted his nostrils. A few seconds later, a strong force pushed him back. The indomitable force was Misa, wearing a modified maid’s outfit, rushing into his arms.

“Light!” she cried eagerly. “Misa Misa made dinner just for you!”

Light looked around at the mess of pots and pans that claimed his kitchen. “Yeah…I can see that…” he coughed, “…and smell that…” Well, I couldn’t kill Itachi with the Death Note, but eating Misa’s cooking would kill him for sure, Light thought, holding his breath.

Misa put on a huge grin. “I tried a new recipe today…this time I remembered to make sure I was using sugar, not salt!…But we didn’t have any molasses, so I used soy sauce instead…”

“Uh…” Light interjected, his clever mind desperately searching for a new ploy to avert the upcoming disaster. “I’m sure it’s delicious…but I’m full…you know how L is with the snacks at his meetings…”

Seeing the pout on Misa’s face and having the image of Rem waving a Death Note flash through his mind, Light quickly changed the subject “Besides, we have something to do…an important thing, and I can’t do it without you.”

Misa’s eyes lit up for a moment, but then they dimmed again. “Oh, you mean with that…

Light nodded and a devilish glint came into his eyes. “Yeah, there’s someone I want you to meet…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the 22nd floor of the Investigations Building, an elderly gentleman pushed a cart over to a hunched figure. On the cart was a laptop computer next to a microphone. The screen of the laptop displayed a elaborately written letter, the letter L.

“Thank you, Watari,” L said as he picked up the microphone. He took a deep breath and then nodded to Watari to indicate he was ready for the broadcast to begin:

Well, the battle for true justice has begun!

It seems that I have a nice little podium to stand on right now. Considering it is in the best interest of the Shinigami and the DNH to keep me alive until they have at least taken out Near or Mellow. Otherwise their problems will double when the two of them take my place.

With this in mind, I have considered revealing myself, but that wouldn't be too helpful unless I chose to seek the true name of a role. However, according to Ysan, my ID would be revealed to the DNH in the middle of last night if I turned out to be on the wrong end of the odds.

Now my problem is that I need to get this message out before I use the ability, so that the DNH will realize that it's not a good idea to kill me up front. Since they would know my identity before the rest of you, and possibly kill me without any of you knowing… the least I can do is just go ahead and reveal myself to everyone at once. I am L, I am… Sinistral.

I trust that all of the DNH will realize that killing me so soon will be disadvantageous to them. In the mean time, I must request that all Task Force members be as active as possible in the conversation, this should help to alleviate the chances of one of us getting lynched merely for inactivity.

Good luck task force. Wedy, I need to send you a message…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Light set his pen down and closed the Death Note.
L set the microphone down and turned off the laptop computer. There was a slight quiver in his hand as he pulled it back. He couldn't help being excited. The first step of his plan had been put into action. Now it was time for the games to really begin.

Light_vs_L.jpg

And the Light dawns on a new Day! ;P

Shinigami King: Y
Roster:
1) Dawh
2) Prof. Templeton
3) Sinistral
4) Cherry Lane
5) Grey Cells
6) Itachi-san
7) Brandonb
8) Joe's Student
9) Rene83
10) Woon
11) FoolontheHill
12) Ben Law

Day ends in 24 hrs.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#13 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

Okay, sleepytime for me...just wanted to state:

If this were easy, it wouldn't be Death Note B)) :P

And as usual, no clues in the Night Post or the Day Post. Pronouns used apply to the characters, not for players. The message from L is his own wording.

Hope you get what I was trying to accomplish with the colors at the end...;P

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#14 Ben Law

Ben Law

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 10:32 AM

Any guesses what it means ???

#15 Cherry Lane

Cherry Lane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 12:45 PM

Any guesses what it means ???

Only that red is typically the color used for baddies, so it was fitting for Light. Likewise, blue would be appropriate for L. But no, I can't guess what the reason was for making those sentences colored.

Meanwhile, Sinistral: do you take credit for the night message, or are you being set up somehow? And if it is you, did you learn anything significant?

edit: ignore that last bit, just realized the message said you didn't seek any info

Edited by Cherry Lane, 22 October 2008 - 12:47 PM.

#16 rene83

rene83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:46 PM

I think that the colors are saying BrandonB is the baddest baddy of them all lol jk. gotta give you a hard time Bb :P

#17 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:19 PM

The third color could be for a different character, not L. That third person could be Aizawa, I guess. Springing a trap and waiting for the prey?

#18 Cherry Lane

Cherry Lane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

The third color could be for a different character, not L. That third person could be Aizawa, I guess. Springing a trap and waiting for the prey?

ok, somehow I missed the purple. In the red and the blue, two opposing characters are doing similar actions at the same time. The purple (red+blue) applies to both. That is, they each have a plan....

#19 Prof. Templeton

Prof. Templeton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:22 PM

ok, somehow I missed the purple. In the red and the blue, two opposing characters are doing similar actions at the same time. The purple (red+blue) applies to both. That is, they each have a plan....

That is what I got out of it also. The red and blue were the two different characters (L's hair is blue, and Light's hair is red, at least in the anime). Then the purple applies to both.

#20 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:50 PM

In the show they both typically are doing something/saying something at the same time, but with different intentions. So L and Light both have a plan they put into action, that is why the colors blend. Their motives are different though, which is why the colors are different to start. Plus the colors are the same from the show in how the characters are often highlighted. L is always Blue and Light is always Red.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users