Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Death Note Mafia

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#161 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3283 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:48 AM

I'm sorry, but there's one thing that keeps making me twitch. Rem's female, not male. I realize that that is an insignificant detail, and I probably shouldn't be using my first post to point it out, but I just can't stop myself anymore.

Uh...hi...welcome...
Actually, that point is ambiguous in the series, and it wasn't until Death Note: How to Read 13 (which came out a year after the manga series itself) that the point was cleared up...and in that section, it was pointed out that the clarification that Rem was female was needed b/c it was a commonly conceived that Rem was male in the series...since that's easier to work in with American audiences ;P and since this is my game, that's what I went with.

...funny how when ppl "can't stop themselves" it's always to criticize...no one ever feels the "unstoppable urge" to say anything positive...XP

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 05 November 2008 - 05:50 AM.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#162 Firebird766

Firebird766

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:54 AM

Actually, in the Yotsuba arc of the manga, Rem says she's female.
I hope that didn't come across as rude...

This is why I lurk; I can never seem to figure out how to say things politely...

#163 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3283 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:59 AM

Actually, in the Yotsuba arc of the manga, Rem says she's female.
I hope that didn't come across as rude...

This is why I lurk; I can never seem to figure out how to say things politely...

Really? Must of missed it...along with a large portion of the other readers...oh well...I'm keeping Rem male in the game for the reasons specified :rolleyes:

And it's not really what you said...it's just that it's weird to come into a game thread you didn't play in and say something if you're not going to say something nice (or relevant to the game) ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 05 November 2008 - 06:03 AM.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#164 Firebird766

Firebird766

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:03 AM

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since I heard of it. ^^

I don't know what's weird and what's not, so I'll keep that in mind.

#165 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3283 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:15 AM

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ever since I heard of it. ^^

I don't know what's weird and what's not, so I'll keep that in mind.

Well, thanks for your interest, and I don't mean to discourage you from posting your insights, but I by no means guarantee that my games will follow all the details of Death Note to the letter...(although I did steal L's death scene from the anime...hehe ;P)...I just wanted to create a game that was mentally intense and awesome like Death Note :D

Actually, you may want to try your hand at playing some of these mafia games...it's much funner than just reading ;)

#166 Firebird766

Firebird766

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:27 AM

Hm... Is there going to be a sign-up sheet for Death Note Mafia II?

#167 RainThinker

RainThinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:47 AM

Uh...hi...welcome...
Actually, that point is ambiguous in the series, and it wasn't until Death Note: How to Read 13 (which came out a year after the manga series itself) that the point was cleared up...and in that section, it was pointed out that the clarification that Rem was female was needed b/c it was a commonly conceived that Rem was male in the series...since that's easier to work in with American audiences ;P and since this is my game, that's what I went with.

...funny how when ppl "can't stop themselves" it's always to criticize...no one ever feels the "unstoppable urge" to say anything positive...XP

Not true! :P It happens to me all the time!
BTW, are you starting another game soon? This last one was really cool! :D

Edit: See what I mean?

Edited by RainThinker, 06 November 2008 - 02:47 AM.

#168 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3283 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:25 AM

Ooh...I had this idea for DNM: Interlude (the one that follows the Yotsuba arc...)

Basically, it's going to run 3 different factions, the "mafia" group is the Yotsuba group who has the Death Note. It starts in Higuchi's hands but if he dies then it gets passed on to a living member in a particular order. There will be the Task Force, with some adjustments (working on those), and then the third faction is going to be Rem, Misa, and Light and their goal is to kill the current holder of the Death Note so that they can get it back. They don't know each other at the beginning and they need to find each other by targeting each other or the same person. Rem kills with his Death Note and he has Shinigami Eyes. Misa's ability is to "distract" her target so that they can't act that Night. If Rem and Misa find each other then Misa can do the trade for the Shinigami Eyes. Light will have L's abilities, and they pair like Near and Mellow in this game...but the thing I was thinking about was this: Light doesn't know he's Light!

Basically, when the roles get PMed, both Light and L will be informed that they are L. Only when Light "comes in contact" with Misa or Rem will he be informed that he is Light. The coming in contact will not be made public.

What I think will be really interesting about this setup is how L and Light have to play...they know that their enemies of each other, but they also know that they're both enemies of the Yotsuba group...

Hmmm...I'm liking this more and more...will have to work on the other roles more though...

Edit: Oh, and DNM: Rematch starts after Heroes Hybrid ;P

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 08 November 2008 - 10:25 AM.

#169 Prince_Marth85

Prince_Marth85

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 10:28 AM

Hmm....The Light not knowing he's really Light until he comes in contact with Misa and Rem is a really interesting concept. But what about Ryuk??

#170 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3283 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

Hmm....The Light not knowing he's really Light until he comes in contact with Misa and Rem is a really interesting concept. But what about Ryuk??

Ryuk will not be a character in DNM: Interlude ;P

...but actually it gives me an interesting idea for a different Mafia game...maybe Matrix themed...where the baddies don't know they're baddies...
So instead of having one of each role, you have like 3 of each role, except one of them is actually a baddie, he's just not "self-aware" yet...you have one baddie at the beginning (Neo? ;P), who can target players for the kill, but if he targets a latent baddie, they become self-aware and join the baddie group (the player's name is not mentioned in the Night Post, of course). Neo cannot be killed until he makes another latent self-aware, so there'll always be one self-aware baddie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users