Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need an answer, please.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 MilkManDan

MilkManDan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

Actually that is not accurate. 12:00 P.M is the start of the afternoon. The end of morning is 11:59.99 A.M. What the question really should say is what does G have in common with 12 Noon. Noon is not P.M or A.M. A.M means Ante Meridian which in English is before midday and P.M is Post Meridian meaning after midday. So I retract the beginning of the statement thats its not accurate. But to what the question is referring to G and 12:00 P.M have nothing in common cause 12:00 P.M doesn't exist.

Well Coolfflame, you're obviously being picky.

You've taken one meaning/idea of the word "end" and gone off the deep end with it. Someone could say that death is the end of life and everyone would know what he means by that. Obviously death isn't "the end" of life because death isn't life at all.

Because 12:00am is the first moment that it is no longer the morning, you can infact say it is the end

#12 bhramarraj

bhramarraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

Death is the end of life and it is also said, 'Death is the beginning of new life.'
In my view it is very difficult to differentiate between the end of an event and the beginning of a new event. There can not be a gap or vacuum.

#13 mailsvel

mailsvel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Actually that is not accurate. 12:00 P.M is the start of the afternoon. The end of morning is 11:59.99 A.M. What the question really should say is what does G have in common with 12 Noon. Noon is not P.M or A.M. A.M means Ante Meridian which in English is before midday and P.M is Post Meridian meaning after midday. So I retract the beginning of the statement thats its not accurate. But to what the question is referring to G and 12:00 P.M have nothing in common cause 12:00 P.M doesn't exist.

That's right.

#14 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

That's right.

A 4th grader posed this question! I am overly critical and analytical but you guys have me beat by a mile.

#15 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

A 4th grader posed this question! I am overly critical and analytical but you guys have me beat by a mile.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that G isn't the end of morning. It may very well be the last letter of the word, but it certainly isn't the end of morning. It shall come again!

One thing in common
Have you and me
Where you are G
And I jubilee!

Spoiler for ...

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users