Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Masters of Logic Puzzles I. (dots)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#41 ALFRED

ALFRED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

I see it as this. he sees that all hands are up so there has got to be a red dot on his head but since they didnt talk he took advantage of this chance making him the wiser one. i know thats what you all said but i need to clear it up for myself. :rolleyes:

Remember, just because all hands are up does not mean everyone has a red dot on his head. Even if only two of them had red dots, all three would raise his hand because everyone would be able to see at least one red dot.

.....R
..R....B

Cover up any one of those three letters and you'll still see a R amongst the other two. The periods are just for spacing.

Edited by ALFRED, 20 March 2008 - 03:19 PM.

#42 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

Remember, just because all hands are up does not mean everyone has a red dot on his head. Even if only two of them had red dots, all three would raise his hand because everyone would be able to see at least one red dot.

.....R
..R....B

Cover up any one of those three letters and you'll still see a R amongst the other two. The periods are just for spacing.

I see where you're coming from on that and now that I think about it it makes sense. :)

#43 paleopod

paleopod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:45 AM

there may be two alternative ways of him knowing what color dot he had.
If he moves close to one of the others maybe he could see his reflection in their eyes.
he could also run around alot, get sweaty, and the color ink will start to drip
??

#44 killaklown

killaklown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:29 PM

the paint is still wet, he can touch his forehead and see which color he has... his hands are still up.

#45 sick-psyche

sick-psyche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

Hey I have a more detailed version of the spoiler... it's forever long though.

I'll send it as an attatchment. Please read it, it took me like two hundred years to get everything the way I wanted it.

Attached Files

#46 tofty11

tofty11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

Someone looked at him and raised their hand.

#47 xstevex1

xstevex1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

There were two with red dots, one with a blue dot.
When the one who spoke up saw that the man with the red dot was raising his hand, he knew that his own dot must be red.
Otherwise, the other man with the red dot would not have raised his hand as he would have been looking at two blue dots.

#48 fitheachsidhe

fitheachsidhe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

This is not a logic puzzle but a psychological one. There is no way to logically and with certainty determine what color the dot is. The answer is predicated on assumptions of the others' mental process. So perhaps it can be said that the winner is more 'clever' but he cannot be called the most logical.

#49 RiddleRookie

RiddleRookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:51 PM

Guys are A, B, and C.... A would see red dots on B AND C... A would analyze as follows: when B raises his hand... he has to see at least on red dot... A and/or C and A knows C is red Likewise when C raises his hand... he sees A and/or B... and A knows B is red. .... but because all 3 raised their hands and nobody knows what their color is... then nobody saw a blue dot....

#50 Riposte

Riposte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:44 AM

The first one saying the colour of his hat will win.

White-black. No matter what color he gets, he said the color first. The Grandmaster never said "You only have one guess."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users