Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Masters of Logic Puzzles I. (dots)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#31 roolstar

roolstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:04 AM

There is something seriously erroneous in either this puzzle OR its answer.

1- In this puzzle:
In fact, if the Master really wanted to determine who the wisest one was using this experience, he had ONLY 2 choices to make:
A- All THREE should have RED dots
B- All THREE should have BLUE ones

He doesn't have any other choice!! Why?

Well simple: if he puts 2 RED and 1 BLUE or any other compbination, at least one of the "wise" men will be in a different situation than the others: it will either be easier or harder for him to know the answer, but NEVER THE SAME!

The initial conditions have to be the same for all of them so that the Master can compare their intelligence objectively and scientifically.

2- In the answer and its analysis:
The wisest man is simply the one who thought about the above analysis in 1, and predicted the master's choices. He will them shout out the same color that he sees on the others foreheads!

P.S: He doesn't even have to wait one second to do this!

#32 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:19 AM

There is something seriously erroneous in either this puzzle OR its answer.

1- In this puzzle:
In fact, if the Master really wanted to determine who the wisest one was using this experience, he had ONLY 2 choices to make:
A- All THREE should have RED dots
B- All THREE should have BLUE ones

He doesn't have any other choice!! Why?

Well simple: if he puts 2 RED and 1 BLUE or any other compbination, at least one of the "wise" men will be in a different situation than the others: it will either be easier or harder for him to know the answer, but NEVER THE SAME!

The initial conditions have to be the same for all of them so that the Master can compare their intelligence objectively and scientifically.

2- In the answer and its analysis:
The wisest man is simply the one who thought about the above analysis in 1, and predicted the master's choices. He will them shout out the same color that he sees on the others foreheads!

P.S: He doesn't even have to wait one second to do this!

good point ... and that's exactly what happens in the next puzzle called Masters of Logic Puzzles II. (hats)

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#33 puzzlesolver123

puzzlesolver123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 05:40 AM

i think its when the grand master said "when you see atleast one red dot raise you hand and say the colour of you dot on your head" since they all raised ther hand when the saw a red dot then they all had red dots, and one of them figured it out first
and they were looking at him

#34 roolstar

roolstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

i think its when the grand master said "when you see atleast one red dot raise you hand and say the colour of you dot on your head" since they all raised ther hand when the saw a red dot then they all had red dots, and one of them figured it out first
and they were looking at him

Not entirely correct.

Even if only two of them had red dots on their heads, they all would've raised their hands too...

#35 Gildoania

Gildoania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

or mabey he notices that one of the other guys is looking at him when they raise their hand

#36 Gildoania

Gildoania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

also he could of touched the paint with the back of his hand while it was still wet and when he raised his hand he saw the color, wise people know "if your not cheating, your not trying"

#37 LordDrakka

LordDrakka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:53 PM

I would agree they all must be red, that is why all hands were up and how he knew he had a red dot

#38 Bankaiyo

Bankaiyo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:28 PM

this was easy the reason he knew that he had the red dot was because he himself did not see any red dots. While the other two had seen a red dot on his head and put their hands up...duh!

#39 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:23 PM

Masters of Logic Puzzles I. (dots) - Back to the Logic Puzzles
Three masters of logic wanted to find out who was the wisest one. So they invited the grand master, who took them into a dark room and said: "I will paint each one of you a red or a blue dot on your forehead. When you walk out and you see at least one red point, raise your hands. The one who says what colour is the dot on his own forehead first, wins." Then he painted only red dots on every one. When they went out everybody had their hands up and after a while one of them said: "I have a red dot on my head."
How could he be so sure?

Spoiler for Solution

I see it as this. he sees that all hands are up so there has got to be a red dot on his head but since they didnt talk he took advantage of this chance making him the wiser one. i know thats what you all said but i need to clear it up for myself. :rolleyes:

#40 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

also he could of touched the paint with the back of his hand while it was still wet and when he raised his hand he saw the color, wise people know "if your not cheating, your not trying"

rofl thats hilariously awesome :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users