Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Masters of Logic Puzzles I. (dots)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#21 JFLESH

JFLESH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:15 AM

what if the guy who said he has the dot first was colorblind?

he'd see the other two have the same dot color and would assume his would be different

#22 OldDogCage

OldDogCage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:19 PM

Maybe he just wiped his head and looked at his hand?

#23 johnsl

johnsl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:31 PM

I like this one.

The first answer works well - They are stated to be masters of logic - and all hands are raised so obviously anybody who can see a blue dot knows they have a red dot pretty quickly. Nobody does this so the next conclusion is nobody can see a blue dot.

But the second answer is much nicer - the grand master will design a fair test - clearly if the dots are different colours somebody has an advantage.

The nice thing about these solutions is that they don't conflict - but the time delay suggests that the first answer is the intended one.

JSL

#24 dakotafanningboy

dakotafanningboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

The man was Hindu.

#25 Chaos

Chaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:08 AM

If one of them simply covered one of the others dots, he could immediately tell which color his was from the 3rd person because the only dot the third person would see was the first person's.

#26 AngelicaMary

AngelicaMary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:00 PM

Lets say the people were A,B,C.Let C be the one who said that he had a red dot.Now the wise man had to paint at least two red dots else not all would have raised their hands.So he painted one red dot on A's and C's heads.Everyone saw at least 1 dot.C saw that A had red dot and B blue.He thought,"B is raising his hand cause he saw A.But A's also raising his hand so I must have a red dot"Note if all had ed dots nobody would be able to guess at all.

#27 Linzd21

Linzd21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:35 PM

if i were one of the three an i saw 2 people with red dots I would immediately know that I too had a red dot on my forhead because the wisest would have to be the one that realized he was being duped.

#28 scooter3000

scooter3000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

It was painted on. No one said he couldn't touch it while it was still wet. The paint would have been on his finger

#29 yallways

yallways

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:22 AM

Masters of Logic Puzzles I. (dots) - Back to the Logic Puzzles
Three masters of logic wanted to find out who was the wisest one. So they invited the grand master, who took them into a dark room and said: "I will paint each one of you a red or a blue dot on your forehead. When you walk out and you see at least one red point, raise your hands. The one who says what colour is the dot on his own forehead first, wins." Then he painted only red dots on every one. When they went out everybody had their hands up and after a while one of them said: "I have a red dot on my head."
How could he be so sure?

Spoiler for Solution

AND NOW I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!

#30 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:24 AM

He just know from the other because the other two also raise up the hand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users