Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Heroes: Season 1

• Please log in to reply
576 replies to this topic

#561 Cherry Lane

Cherry Lane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:27 PM

She was??? I've been watching Season 1 and I've only seen her a couple times after Parkman found her and I haven't even seen her use her power at all yet.

Well, we didn't meet her until Parkman found her, but she was the Company's "Secret Weapon" (or however it was they referred to her) up to that point.

#562 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:13 PM

Yeah I think putting Molly on the Company's side would help to even out the odds a bit. I think another cool thing for Hiro would be to almost give him a saving role and stop time to get a person to safety.

#563 Joe's Student

Joe's Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

Thanks Frost and Bb! :D good game everyone! :)

I enjoyed the new roles alot :)

#564 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:44 PM

If you look back at previous mafia games, the Ninja/Seven/SWAT or whatever innocent-sided killing role there was has taken action at the first possible chance every time.

Keep in mind, that in all of those games the night to kill was specified. It was an issue of "use it or lose it for two nights" so there was always a heavy pressure to use it even when unsure. In this game it was specifically setup to eliminate the pressure and have the killing roles be able to act whenever they wanted and still attach a restriction. That way the pressure to act on a specific night is eliminated.

Just had an idea for a season 1.1 modification: Molly
She was under control ofthe Company for much of season 1, so instead of having her be a Hero, she could be part of the Company. And if she knows both player and role, she can "find" a player anywhere - nullifying any saving roles (ok, that last part might be a bit of a stretch, but I think it could work).

I really like this idea. It's slightly similar to 'Matt's Dad' but I don't really know quite yet how to make it work. Or even how to replace Molly's spot and who from the company would need to be eliminate to make room. Frost and I had discussed a role for Mikah in Season1, but it didn't add up to much more than voting manipulation like he did in the tv show.
Season 1.1 still has some time before it starts. We will continue to work on it and we really do appreciate all the suggestions so keep them coming!

Also, today I started thinking about a "Heroes Hybrid" game.
-Heroes Hybrid would take characters from the show and from the comic. It would establish a bunch of roles to kinda even the odds. The game would be divided into 3 teams. One team of baddies with BTSC, One team of Heroes with BTSC, and one group of people that are unspecified and without BTSC, but some of them belong to the Baddies an some to the Heroes. Everyone will be announced as being a Hero, a Baddie, or in the pool of other players. (Something like 5 vs 5or6 and 5 roles 'in the mix')
-The Heroes and the Baddies would know what roles were among them (b/c of the BTSC) and would therefore know which of their roles were in the mix of players. Every cycle, each team will get to PM the host and try and name one player+role in the mix to get them added into the BTSC circle. At the same time, each Cycle the players will act out their abilities as if they would in a night cycle. So a giant battle would ensue each cycle, just like 'night time' in a normal mafia game, which would be followed by a Post exlaining what happened.
-In the mix there may also be a couple roles that could be added to either side if identified correctly, and they would be added depending on which team could guess it first (like molly).
-The Heroes and Baddies will be balanced in a unique way. The baddies, by nature, will have more powerful, or just generally more numbers, of killers on their team. The heroes will have more information roles and a few killers. The Baddies will have more of the redirect and nullifier roles, and the Heroes side would have more saving roles.
-Each side will know what people are on the other team, but they will not know which roles, nor will they know which of the other team's roles are in the mix. So targeting people in the mix is risky b/c they may kill their own or save a member of the other team. But at the same time, some the people in the mix will be on the other team and will be attacking the confirmed opposite side.
-So it turns into a game of strategy, logical deduction, and some luck. I'm not sure what to expect.

Please let me know what you all think. Could this thing actually work?

Edited by Brandonb, 15 October 2008 - 05:47 PM.

#565 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 05:49 PM

I love it, I was actually thinking about the three team thing (not as in depth as you have) when I was watching heroes on Monday. The question is, what happens when a player is guessed wrong?

Edit: And I have this sneaking suspicion that I'll end up on the mix team and once again have to prove myself :P

Edited by Impervious, 15 October 2008 - 05:51 PM.

#566 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

Not that anyone has to take my request but..can the next heros game be after ABR3? Since the players will be the same, or was that the characters only?

#567 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

Not that anyone has to take my request but..can the next heros game be after ABR3? Since the players will be the same, or was that the characters only?

i think characters only

#568 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

The question is, what happens when a player is guessed wrong?

Well, this is all theoretical right now. But if someone is guessed incorrectly then there is no recruitment for the team during that cycle. The person that was guessed still remains outside of the BTSC loop. And even if they are guessed correctly, the player would still be considered part of the mix group. The other team and the other members of the mix wouldn't know that one of them had been "drafted." Of course, the person that gets drafted will then have the same win condition as the drafting team (if they didn't already). Remember, they would have to match the correct person with the correct role. There's really no reason for them to kill the person if the guess incorrectly.

I'm also thinking that there may be 5 people in the mix group: 3 that can go to either team (lets call them gray), and then 2 that are specific for one team and the other (lets call them black and white). If I make this thing happen I'm thinking that the gray people would probably be Sylar, Molly, and Isaac or a certain comic character. Then the other two would be random, one from each team.

#569 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

The characters would be the same. Besides, 1.1 will not be for a while. Probably at least two weeks or more.

#570 Kathleen

Kathleen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2557 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:13 PM

Wow that sounds really cool! I'd play it, but maybe not until a couple other things end *cough*Cruiseshipmaifaanimebattleroyalefour*cough*
:D
~Kat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users