BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Anime Battle Royale: Bleached

itachi-san

Good one, Brandon. Just back from college and I haven't even been through the night post yet. And there are the PM's I have to attend to, in addition to my evening snack. Now 10 minutes is not such a short time for this long list, I hope. :P

Then if you don't mind, please come out with your role, since Laharl bailed instantly as soon as it was his turn. :P

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah! But I am not going to out him/her. It's their choice. :D

No need, it's all good, I know who s/he is already. Likewise, you can confirm my identity.

Now, to make things move a little....

The reason I have been hounding Laharl is b/c when I first got my role... that was the name I received as a 50/50 chance...

So now we have Laharl and FIF are both 50/50. And since they were both on earlier but bailed as soon as they were called out, I would say that they are both baddies.

Edited by Brandonb

Hey! Brandon, please have the honour of starting the day's proceedings. :D

Well, since you started yesterday... my pleasure

Recruiter: Toushiro

1) JS -DEAD (killed by Gaara)

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Mekal

4) Prince Marth - DEAD (killed by Aizen)

5) GC -

6) woon

7) CrazyPainter - DEAD (killed by Chad and Ishida)

8) Cherry Lane

9) FIF

10) PG -DEAD (executed and found to be Gaara)

11) Brandonb - Voting for Laharl Blindfolded

12) Sinistral

13) Kat

14) Wally West

15) dawh

16) Laharl

17) sweetness kat

Edit: to fix PG

Edited by Brandonb

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Mekal

5) GC -

6) woon

8) Cherry Lane

9) FIF

12) Sinistral

13) Kat

14) Wally West

15) dawh - Voting for Laharl Blindfolded

16) Laharl

17) sweetness kat

Not sure about the blindfold, but Laharl was sending off odd signals yesterday, voting for Mekal after it seemed likely that he was Kisuke.

I just want to say that I am the Heroes' scout; not much defense, but I can discover identities if I'm lucky. Now that I know your role Brandonb, I know another by process of elimination, but that's for someone else to reveal if he or she chooses.

Going with the other 50%. Not that I don't belive Bb, but this is the one I see. Then again, they could both be villains...

BTW, why do you think Laharl should be blindfolded? Do you know something specifically about his role, or just that he may be a villain?

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Mekal

5) GC -

6) woon

8) Cherry Lane - voting for FIF Unblindfolded

9) FIF

12) Sinistral

13) Kat

14) Wally West

16) Laharl

17) sweetness kat

Going with the other 50%. Not that I don't belive Bb, but this is the one I see. Then again, they could both be villains...

BTW, why do you think Laharl should be blindfolded? Do you know something specifically about his role, or just that he may be a villain?

Just playing the odds.

There's only a 1:4 chance that the one that we lynch today will be the laughing man. But since the game will be ending soon, I do not see the need in keeping the blindfold lynch until tomorrow for the laughing man. When/If everyone comes out with their roles today we will most likely end up taking out the laughing man tonight anyway if we don't get him today. So I figure better safe than sorry.

Edit: So who are you CL?

Edited by Brandonb

Just playing the odds.

There's only a 1:4 chance that the one that we lynch today will be the laughing man. But since the game will be ending soon, I do not see the need in keeping the blindfold lynch until tomorrow for the laughing man. When/If everyone comes out with their roles today we will most likely end up taking out the laughing man tonight anyway if we don't get him today. So I figure better safe than sorry.

Edit: So who are you CL?

I don't like all the role revealing - it takes the fun out of the game! We already get a lot of role info from the night posts - more than any other mafia-ish game, and that part is nice. We pool our deductive reasoning skills to identify roles through their night actions. But how does having everyone tell their role add anything to the game? Game creators are always trying to come up with incentives to keep us from doing that - for a reason!

Call me a baddie if you want for posting this, but you know I'm right.

Man, I always get excited when I read my name in the night post. I've got mixed feelings about last night however, since I was attacked twice and by Grimmjow no less. Now I've got this hole in my gut where a Hollow lives. :( At least I'm still alive, so I made out on 50/50 this time. I can also vouch for GC's horniness last night. I hope that will keep any heroes from needlessly attacking me on the next night. I agree with Brandonb, we need to figure out who the villains are so we are not spinning our wheels here. I wonder who I might have made suspicious of me. It may have been the one I ultimately cast my vote for on night 1. Hhmmmm. As it stands right now I think I can determine seven heroes of the remaining 13 people. :huh:

I don't like all the role revealing - it takes the fun out of the game! We already get a lot of role info from the night posts - more than any other mafia-ish game, and that part is nice. We pool our deductive reasoning skills to identify roles through their night actions. But how does having everyone tell their role add anything to the game? Game creators are always trying to come up with incentives to keep us from doing that - for a reason!

Call me a baddie if you want for posting this, but you know I'm right.

I am completely on your side, CL. That is, on the role revealing. :P But in ABR, I am inclined to think that the baddies have a better chance to win then in other Mafia-type games. That was the reason, the heroes lost in both the games. But if a rule was introduced, that would be a completely different matter. :D

Going alongwith Laharl. It's 50/50, so Laharl if you are a hero(highly unlikely), please claim your role. Until then I give you my vote. ;)

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Mekal

5) GC - voting for Laharl Blindfolded

6) woon

9) FIF

12) Sinistral

13) Kat

14) Wally West

16) Laharl

17) sweetness kat

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Mekal

6) woon - voting for Laharl Blindfolded

9) FIF

12) Sinistral

13) Kat

14) Wally West

16) Laharl

17) sweetness kat

Man, I always get excited when I read my name in the night post. I've got mixed feelings about last night however, since I was attacked twice and by Grimmjow no less. Now I've got this hole in my gut where a Hollow lives. :( At least I'm still alive, so I made out on 50/50 this time. I can also vouch for GC's horniness last night. I hope that will keep any heroes from needlessly attacking me on the next night. I agree with Brandonb, we need to figure out who the villains are so we are not spinning our wheels here. I wonder who I might have made suspicious of me. It may have been the one I ultimately cast my vote for on night 1. Hhmmmm. As it stands right now I think I can determine seven heroes of the remaining 13 people. :huh:

Aww, ur not gonna vouch for me too? I'm hurt :P

We still need to figure out what's going on with FIF also. If FIF isn't going to come out, then if Onizuka and Ichigo come out... that should do just as well.

I am completely on your side, CL. That is, on the role revealing. :P But in ABR, I am inclined to think that the baddies have a better chance to win then in other Mafia-type games. That was the reason, the heroes lost in both the games. But if a rule was introduced, that would be a completely different matter. :D

Well, the Heroes lost the first 2 games because they recklessly killed each other in the first couple Nights and didn't use their Defenses. This game, it seems strategy finally sunk in ;) As for being Host and introducing a rule, I think it's appropriate. I've never liked when people (including myself) feel forced into revealing their roles, whether it be good or bad. I think it sucks the fun out of the game. When I made this game, I specifically had that in mind, which is why I reveal so much in the Night Posts. So talk all you want and put people on the spot, but from now on and in future games (I'll make the rule in the OP next time) please don't start and/or continue a listing of everyone's exact identities. It's really no fun.

Just playing the odds.

There's only a 1:4 chance that the one that we lynch today will be the laughing man.

Bb I'm not sure I agree with your numbers, since there are 5 villains still remaining. Where are you getting the 1:4 chance?

Having said that, I do believe you're the Major, so I'll trust your tip and go along with the Laharl vote. Also, if I'm reading into things right, there is one of us who has a pretty good chance of knowing something about FIF, and she/he isn't voting for him. Although that could also mean that they were unlucky and didn't get any info.

2) Prof. Templeton

3) Mekal

6) woon - voting for Laharl Blindfolded

9) FIF

12) Sinistral - voting for Laharl Blindfolded

13) Kat

14) Wally West

16) Laharl

17) sweetness kat

Edit: Didn't see Itachi's post

Edited by Sinistral

Bb I'm not sure I agree with your numbers, since there are 5 villains still remaining. Where are you getting the 1:4 chance?

5 villians... 1 needing a blind and 4 that don't

so 1:4 that we will need it... or a 1 in 5 chance.... same thing.

Edit: keep in mind my ability as Major. I have known the identity of a baddie is since day 1, but I have not outed him/her yet (I really haven't even spoken with the person, b/c I do not want to implicate him/her). I will also know another baddie tomorrow... I just don't want to out any of them, b/c then we don't learn as much (Plus, I will need a target tonight so I don't accidentally kill a hero ;) ). I considered it at the beginning of the day, but I have learned about 3 roles since the day began... so I think it's better of if we don't know, and we take out Laharl,

Edit 2: ...and if not Laharl, then FIF.

Edited by Brandonb

I would prefer to keep all roles secret as well and think a OP rule is a fine idea. But, I think a win may be slipping away for us heroes. The ratio of villains to heroes is greater now than at the start, four heroes now have no defense while only one villain is defenseless. We need to have direction in our attacks. If a hero should attack another unknowingly we may lose one and expose one to attack in the process. Of the five remaining baddies, I have nine possibles. Not that great. I have some of my own suspicions, but there remains a 44% chance I'm wrong.

Edit: Didn't see Itachi's post

Just to clarify, I don't mean to put the mute on anyone, by all means go at it with each other :D . I'm just agreeing with CL and GC's posts (edit: and now prof.s' post). I don't want to see: I'm Chad, I'm Gaara, I'm Major... post after post. I think we can all agree that that isn't a very fun way to play.

Okay so openly claiming your role is bad... what about covertly? Like if someone were to hint at it without actually coming out and saying it... or am I misunderstanding something?

Edit: I guess my question is, are we objecting to the claiming of the roles itself, or the methodical claiming of the roles by one side in an effort to discover the villains? That is, if someone has all the votes against them, are they still allowed to say "I'm <insert hero name here>, please don't kill me"?

Edited by Sinistral