BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

Mage Duel!

Simple. Non-Time Consuming. Quick. Fun :D

The Goal: Be the last mage standing!

The Gameplay: the game moves in 'rounds'. In a round, each mage casts a bunch of spells at once, in an epic blur of incantations, curses, hexes and jinxes that dominate the duel chamber with blasting lights and violent sounds.

During the round sometime, each mage must PM me who they are casting each spell on for that round (your potent magical mastery means you can cast all the spells in each round).

The Spells:

* Freeze - paralyzes a mage for the next round only, disabling him/her from casting any spells. Doesn't affect the current round. However, if more than one mage freezes someone, the spells cancel out and no freeze occurs. You CAN freeze yourself if you think that someone else will be freezing you (and nobody else), but of course this can backfire if you end up being the only person freezing yourself :D

* Shield - the Shield is a field of pure energy that surrounds and protects you. Each mage starts with 5 Shield Points, and each round they can cast Shield on another player (not themselves) to add 1 Shield Point to that player's defense. 10 Shield Points is the maximum number of Shield Points you can have

* Curse - remove 1 Shield Point from someone. Shield and Curse are cofluxes, which means that if you choose to not cast Shield, you cannot cast Curse either, and vice versa. The Shield/Curse targets MUST be different, you cannot cast them both on the same person. 0 Shield Points is the minimum number of Shield Points you can have

* Coup de Grace - after all spells (other than Coup de Grace spells) have taken effect, if someone has 0 Shield Points and the Coup de Grace spell is cast on them, they die. Otherwise, the Coup de Grace has no effect

* Flummox - causes someone to be incredibly confused, and mix up their spell targets... 1/3 to mix up Freeze and Shield, 1/3 to mix up Curse and Shield, and 1/3 to mix up Flummox and Curse. The Flummox only has a 1/4 chance of success. Of those that do succeed in the round, the Flummox of the earliest person on the list will take effect first, then the next, and so on

* Vacuum - half the time, it sucks up all the spells cast BY the target. The other half of the time, it sucks up all the spells cast ON the target. The Vacuum only has a 1/8 chance of success. Of those that do succeed in the round, the Vacuum of the earliest person on the list will take effect first, then the next, and so on, just like Flummox

* Spell of Choice - for this spell, you choose from your diverse arsenal of magic: [None of these spells have specific targets, they affect the group as a whole]

** Hexquake - everyone either loses 1 Shield Point (70%) or gains 1 (30%), including yourself

** Magelore - unlocks a new Spell of Choice for everyone to use

** Aqua Vida - gives 2 Shield Points to the mage with the least amount of SP, if there are multiple mages of that amount then the target is chosen randomly from those people

** Magnetic Surge - all Flummoxes move up by 4%. Ie, originally they have a 25% chance. For each Magnetic Surge cast in the round, however, the chance increases by 4%. This value is totaled before the Flummoxes are rolled

** Quid Pro Quo I - everyone that cast Shield on you during the round gains 1 Shield Point themselves

** Quid Pro Quo II - everyone that cast Curse on you during the round loses 1 Shield Point themselves

Note: Shield is the only spell you cannot cast on yourself

The Final Duel: When it gets down to 2 people, rules change. Many spells are no longer castable and rules change. We'll see when it gets to that point :D

Duel Master: Unreality

1) Anyone wanna sign up? :P

• Answers 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

There's about 3 hours left in the round, give or take - I still need GC, Panther, Foolonthehill, and Mekal :D

Sorry - have been away this weekend but will PM my spells shortly - looks as though everyone was pretty keen for me to stay frozen though (luckily for me :D!)

~~~

Round Three

~~~

GC (roster spot = -6)

* Freeze - GC

* Shield - PG

* Curse - Mekal

* Coup de Grace - Frost

* Flummox - CL

* Vacuum - Dawh

* Ascension

Dawh (roster spot = -1)

Freeze: Panther

Shield: GC

Curse: DMS

Coup de Grace: Frost

Flummox: Frost

Vacuum: Mekal

Spell of Choice: Ascension

Frost

Freeze - Dawh

Shield - DMS

Curse - Dragonjest22

Coup de Grace - Frozen

Flummox - GC

Vacuum - DMS

Quid Pro Quo I

Frozen

Freeze-CL

Shield-Dragonjest

Curse-Frost

Coup de Grace-Frost

Flummox-PG

Vacuum-Panther

SoC-Quid Pro Quo II

Cherry Lane

* Freeze – GC

* Shield - DMS

* Curse - Frost

* Coup de Grace - Frost

* Flummox – Dragonjest22

* Vacuum - Mekal

* Quid Pro Quo II

PG

[Paralyzed]

Panther

Freeze - Dragonjest22

Shield - DMS

Curse - foolonthehill

Coup de grace - foolonthehill

Flummox - PG

Vacuum - DMS

SOC - Magelore

Dragonjest22

[Paralyzed]

Foolonthehill

Freeze - Dragonjest22

Shield - PG

Curse - Dragonjest22

Coup de Grace - FIF

Flummox - Dawh

Vacuum - Panther

Quid Pro Quo II

Mekal

* Freeze - PG

* Shield - Frost

* Curse - DMS

* Coup de Grace - Frost

* Flummox - CL

* Vacuum - Frost

* SOC-Magelore

DMS

[Paralyzed]

* Vacuums: Frost - sucks up all spells cast on DMS

* No Magnetic Surges, so Flummox chance is 25%

* Flummoxers: Dawh, Frozen, in that order (Dawh used Ascension)

** Dawh mixes up Frost's Freeze and Shield

** Frozen mixes up PG's Freeze and Shield, seemingly forgetting that PG was paralyzed and didn't cast either of those spells :lol:

Those Frozen for next round are: Panther, CL, and PG (again :o). Frost would've frozen Dawh, but his Freeze and Shield were mixed up due to Dawh's Flummox, so Frost tried to freeze DMS instead but due to his own Vacuum, it failed

Now for Shields and Curses:

1) Frost - 2

2) Frozen in Fire - 4

3) CL - 6

4) PG - 6

5) GC - 5

6) Panther - 5

7) Dragonjest22 - 4

8) foolonthehill - 3

9) Mekal - 3

10) Dawh - 7

11) DMS - 6

Remember that Frost Shielded Dawh because of the Flummox, and that all spells cast on DMS failed

After QPQ I and II:

1) Frost - 2

2) Frozen in Fire - 4

3) CL - 6 **

4) PG - 6 **

5) GC - 5

6) Panther - 4 **

7) Dragonjest22 - 4

8) foolonthehill - 3

9) Mekal - 4

10) Dawh - 7

11) DMS - 6

** Paralyzed next round

That's the final roster following Round Three, Round Four begins now, with two more SoC's due to two Magelores cast by Panther and Mekal:

* Spell of Choice - for this spell, you choose from your diverse arsenal of magic: [None of these spells have specific targets, they affect the group as a whole]

** Hexquake - everyone either loses 1 Shield Point (70%) or gains 1 (30%), including yourself

** Magelore - unlocks a new Spell of Choice for everyone to use

** Aqua Vida - gives 2 Shield Points to the mage with the least amount of SP, if there are multiple mages of that amount then the target is chosen randomly from those people

** Magnetic Surge - all Flummoxes move up by 4%. Ie, originally they have a 25% chance. For each Magnetic Surge cast in the round, however, the chance increases by 4%. This value is totaled before the Flummoxes are rolled

** Quid Pro Quo I - everyone that cast Shield on you during the round gains 1 Shield Point themselves

** Quid Pro Quo II - everyone that cast Curse on you during the round loses 1 Shield Point themselves

** Ascension - [takes effect before anything else] during the round that you used it in, your rank is as if it subtracted 11. For example, the 11th person becomes 11-11 = rank 0. The 8th person becomes 8-11 = -3. This gives the upper hand in Vacuums and Flummoxes

** Assassin Bolt - your Coup de Grace spell is amplified to affect not just the person you selected but the person above and below them, ignoring Vacuums on either of the three targets or on you. This takes affect no matter what, even if you are one of the adjacent victims (remember that Coup de Grace only succeeds if someone's SP is 0, and Assassin Bolt just triples the Coup de Graces you get and makes them unstoppable)

** Vacuum Warp - [takes effect after Ascension, before Vacuums] this spell will affect the Vacuum-type chance. Normally it's 1/2 and 1/2 whether the Vacuum will absorb all spells cast ON the person or all spells cast BY the person. When you cast Vacuum Warp, you change the chances to 70% & 30%, weighted in either direction, which you choose (for example, "Vacuum Warp - 70% spells cast on me, 30% spells cast by me")

** Aqua Excessum - this spell poisons the reviving water of the Aqua Vida spell, causing it to take away 2 Shield Points from the lowest instead of giving 2 SPs. Aqua Excessum obviously has no effect if Aqua Vida is not cast in the same round

~~~

Round Four

~~~

GC (roster spot = -6)

* Freeze - Frost

* Shield - PG

* Curse - foolonthehill

* Coup de Grace - Frost

* Flummox - dawh

* Vacuum - Mekal

* Ascension

Frost

Freeze - Frost

Shield - CL

Curse - Frost

Coup de Grace - Frost

Flummox - Frost

Vacuum - Frost

Quid Pro Quo II

Dragonjest22

* Freeze - Foolonthehill

* Shield - Frozen

* Curse - Panther

* Coup de Grace - Frost

* Flummox - CL

* Vacuum - Mekal

* Vacuum Warp - 70% by, 30% on

Foolonthehill

Freeze - FiF

Shield - DMS

Curse - Dragonjest22

Coup de Grace - Mekal

Flummox - Dawh

Vacuum - Me

SoC - Vacuum Warp 70% that it absobs spells on me.

Dawh

Freeze: Dragonjest22

Shield: GC

Curse: PG

Coup de Grace: foolonthehill

Flummox: DMS

Vacuum: Frost

Spell of Choice: Aqua Vida

* No Vacuums succeeded

* No Magnetic Surges: Flummox chance 25%, only Fool's Flummox succeeded, switching Dawh's Flummox and Curse, which means Dawh is cursing DMS instead of PG

* People Frozen next turn: Fool, FIF, Dragonjest22

after Shields and Curses:

1) Frost - 1

2) Frozen in Fire - 5

3) CL - 7

4) PG - 7

5) GC - 5

6) Panther - 3

7) Dragonjest22 - 3

8) foolonthehill - 2

9) Mekal - 4

10) Dawh - 7

11) DMS - 6

After Frost's Quid Pro Quo II:

1) Frost - 0

2) Frozen in Fire - 5

3) CL - 7

4) PG - 7

5) GC - 5

6) Panther - 3

7) Dragonjest22 - 3

8) foolonthehill - 2

9) Mekal - 4

10) Dawh - 7

11) DMS - 6

After Dawh's Aqua Vida:

1) Frost - 2

2) Frozen in Fire - 5

3) CL - 7

4) PG - 7

5) GC - 5

6) Panther - 3

7) Dragonjest22 - 3

8) foolonthehill - 2

9) Mekal - 4

10) Dawh - 7

11) DMS - 6

and then no Coup de Graces have any affect. So the final roster after Round Four, with double asterisks for paralyzed people:

1) Frost - 2

2) Frozen in Fire - 5 **

3) CL - 7

4) PG - 7

5) GC - 5

6) Panther - 3

7) Dragonjest22 - 3 **

8) foolonthehill - 2 **

9) Mekal - 4

10) Dawh - 7

11) DMS - 6

Next round, Round Five, is a Double Round, where uber amounts of energy are coursing through the duel chamber - so much that all Curse spells count as x2 (thus Curse spells subtract 2 SPs but Shield spells still only give 1), and it takes exactly 2 Freezes to paralyze someone (not 0, not 1, not 3, not 4, has to be exactly 2). Also in the Double Round, all Coup de Grace spells have a 50% chance to succeed if the target still has 1 Shield Point left (Coup de Grace has a 100% chance if the target has 0 of course).

As you can see, it'll be a dangerous and deadly round :P Don't miss out

Round Four coming soon - only GC, Dragonjest22, Frost and Dawh PMed me their spells, so unless I get some more after checking some other topics, they're the only spellcasters in this round :D

Well, if you unfreeze me, I can send you something....

~~~

Round Four

~~~

1) Frost - 2

2) Frozen in Fire - 5 **

3) CL - 7

4) PG - 7

5) GC - 5

6) Panther - 3

7) Dragonjest22 - 3 **

8) foolonthehill - 2 **

9) Mekal - 4

10) Dawh - 7

11) DMS - 6

Next round, Round Five, is a Double Round, where uber amounts of energy are coursing through the duel chamber - so much that all Curse spells count as x2 (thus Curse spells subtract 2 SPs but Shield spells still only give 1), and it takes exactly 2 Freezes to paralyze someone (not 0, not 1, not 3, not 4, has to be exactly 2). Also in the Double Round, all Coup de Grace spells have a 50% chance to succeed if the target still has 1 Shield Point left (Coup de Grace has a 100% chance if the target has 0 of course).

As you can see, it'll be a dangerous and deadly round :P Don't miss out

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to help kill me off! And, as everyone seems to want to Coup de Grace me, I can't see that being unfrozen would have been of any help! :(

Oh well....

*sends out subliminal message*curse frost*end message* :D

Hey, I was being suicidal, but dawh had to use the Aqua Vida spell. :P

Actually, you seem to have been hit with Coup de Grace far more than me this round, so I think people shouldn't go targetting Frost.

For everyone who's not got 5 SP or more: you aren't going to win by taking out the weak people. Dawh and DMS are the ones to go for, to get them back to a reasonable SP level... Taking us out just makes it more likely that spells will be targetted at you...

I love making friends....;)

Edited by foolonthehill