BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I would like to see these games automated and would like to know who all can assist in the development of this game.

Concept Designer:

Mafia - Unrealty

Sci-Fi Mafia - YS

Pirate Mafia - Sinistral

Zombie - Taliesin

Requirements:

php Developers , Graphic Desiners and Script Writers

Also what features of the BD servers are available to us and how much time each one can devote since this project is not meant to be an income generating program, the services renders will be from volunteers only.

As for myself, I am a Systems Analyst and DB Designer and can setup Beta versions on one of my servers but I would like it to be on this server, the Mother Server :P

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

• Answers 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for volunteering. There is an interface there where tags can be entered. You just need to look at the image and enter the tags which will suit the image. Let me know when you are ready so that I will enable your ID to enter Tags.

i look at the pics on the website and i know where to enter tags but i don't know what all the different pictures are for, so i don't know if I'd be that much help.

i look at the pics on the website and i know where to enter tags but i don't know what all the different pictures are for, so i don't know if I'd be that much help.

Have a look at unreality's guideto mafia.. if un sure leave the pic untagged. you can multi tag them as they can be used as undercover/disguied etc Grim (GR)can not be multi tagged, but similar role Terrorist can, he can be a hit man or a doctor (with a little protection for those downtown areas - maybe we should list all tags and go from there, once taggs start to be applied it will be hard to spot if extra tags can be added -

btw - I suggest just doing it for 15mins or so at a time to avoid boredom and errors from lack of excitement - the upside is it will bring the devlopment along

muti tags should be comma sperated

S - Spy

TH - Theif

Di - Detective (they often look like mafioso/a/i so can tag B for banker = D,B

T - terrorist...etc

Dc - doc can also tag as MS (mad scientist)

V - Vigilante, can be Defender/terrorist in another game so tag V,D,T,Dc,Di as many tags as will work

DMS/BL

Check re characters using other roles - some role have ability to appear as another and that may be in the strings/code that is being written...

check out the role in the Auto mafia tab to familiarise yourself with the abilities - after you have a list, ask BL if it is acceptable - get the go ahead and let tagging/muti tagging begin commence

bearing in mind the generic. pirate and csm mafia.. Others are a bit special suchas sci-fi and anime that have set characters

Oh and please redo any that have been tagged already if they are not tagged as the accepted standard.. (this will be your standard tags and it will remain as the standard once BL agrees)

Thanks for your help DMS

i started tagging some pictures, mostly weapons and healers and doctors, but i'll wait until we get a list of tags to use to do more. also i started a list plz add more that are need.

Defender

Doctor

Mafia

Healer

Grim Reaper

Vigilante

Inspector

Sage

Bomb

Illusionist

Innocent

Sphinx

Ghost

Martyr

Weapon

Gun

Knife

oh and are we going to use aberrations of the words or just the full word

Tags should contain Roles, Objects and Actions.

What ever is filled in, at the end I will need the list of the words used and the maximum length of the words has been set to 255.

Simple is abbreviation for speed too see my list above - can not put inmssgs in auto mafia, pls check that BL

Defender Df

Doctor Dc

Mafia M

Healer H

Grim Reaper GR

Vigilante V or Vig

Inspector Di/INS (inspec./Detec) We can do both

Sage S

Bomb B

Illusionist IL

Innocent should be spefic, but there cld be a ble vote - probably vanilla role, or mayoy

Mayor MYR

Sphinx SPH

Ghost ??? only an inactive remark in the thread

Martyr Mtr

Weapon Wp

Gun GUN

Knife KN

Vote VT

Lynch Ly that u is so close I typed lunch :D

Any suggestions as to best method

ILL work mon, tues, wed GMT 2100-2300 hrs which is EST -6rs (1500-1700)

If we can agree on tags pls, stops spelling mistakes

BEN can you add string for txt recogniton or predictive text if you want full role VIGILANTE instead ov V .... hopefully caps will not matter (for speed)BTW pls remember to multi tag

Defender Df

Doctor Dc

Mafia M

Healer H

Grim Reaper GR

Vigilante V or Vig

Inspector Di/INS (inspec./Detec) We can do both

Sage S

Bomb B

Illusionist IL

Innocent should be spefic, but there cld be a ble vote - probably vanilla role, or mayoy

Mayor MYR

Sphinx SPH

Ghost ??? only an inactive remark in the thread

Martyr Mtr

Weapon Wp

Gun GUN

Knife KN

Vote VT

Lynch Ly

Escape E

Car C

Money Mo

Jail J

Safe House, SH

hit H

Killing K

Just adding some more that will probably be used

Have been working on the security side and because of it, some errors cropped up but have been fixed. We would like some programmers show us the loopholes left so that we can make it more secure.

Have also changed message section from plain vanilla to something better.

Defender D

Ninja N

Doctor Dc

Mafia M - though this is a group

Healer Hl

Thief Th

Grim Reaper GR

Vigilante V or Vig

Inspector INS (inspec./Detec)

Sage S

Spy SP

Bomb BB

Boss BS

Illusionist IL

Janitor JN

Cop Cp

Innocent should be spefic, but there cld be a double vote - probably vanilla role, or mayor

Mayor MYR

Sphinx SPH

Ghost GH ??? only an inactive remark in the thread

Martyr Mtr

Weapon Wp

Gun GUN

Knife KN

Vote VT

Lynch Ly

Escape E

Arrest A

Car C

Money Mo, Cnt (contract/hire)

Jail J

Safe House, SH

hit Ht

Killing K

multi roles , D, V, K, N

Just adding some more that will probably be used

BEN can you add string for txt recogniton or predictive text if you want full role VIGILANTE instead ov V ....

Sorry did forgot to reply to your this query.

It is possible to write predictive text but it is a long procedure. Got to think of the algorithm for it. It is very much easier to expand the short form (Shortcuts) to full form whenever the need arises. Text recognition or OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is for converting graphics (scanned text material) to text so this is not required here.

Sorry did forgot to reply to your this query.

It is possible to write predictive text but it is a long procedure. Got to think of the algorithm for it. It is very much easier to expand the short form (Shortcuts) to full form whenever the need arises. Text recognition or OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is for converting graphics (scanned text material) to text so this is not required here.

ITS OK

we are going with abreviations for tagging at the moment - but how will that relate to story, the story will have full text

for the moment Im searching and editing pics

i was looking at the graphics and notice you were using these differently then i would have so i thought i'd get some clarification. i thought they been use when some one got shot or killed, but i saw you used them as more of a role.

hit Ht

Killing K

To be honest, I thought we could tag them short hand -but I'm thinking the programe will grab about four pics from a story or at least according to vote and PMs so we may have to tag long hand/descriptive - that way it the text in the story will dictate the pics.

I think we possibly will have to tag kill, killing, killed - i used some captions for my own benefit when I originally searched through the pics

I have another 70 or so to add, and then another 150 ish to edt, some of which are anime - and can be edited later

Ben - is descriptive better?

If so we just tag slower.

Now thinking about it as you put it - kill, killing, killed ... a very important point as they are 3 different words for the program.

According to the story generated, the picture with the most tags matching the words in the story should get picked up (selected).

So it seems descriptive is better as we can zero in on the right picture.

To be honest, I thought we could tag them short hand -but I'm thinking the programe will grab about four pics from a story or at least according to vote and PMs so we may have to tag long hand/descriptive - that way it the text in the story will dictate the pics.

I think we possibly will have to tag kill, killing, killed - i used some captions for my own benefit when I originally searched through the pics

I have another 70 or so to add, and then another 150 ish to edt, some of which are anime - and can be edited later

Ben - is descriptive better?

If so we just tag slower.

okay - those that are tazgging, should also tag descritive, kill, kills, killing killed and hit, hits - whatever describbes the action - does not have to be done with GR as it is a SF (single faction role) as with any single faction role - note that terrorist is a multi role - in the next mafia can be a hit man, assassin armed spy even - I'm sure you get the idea

CAN WE MOVE THE TAGGING ALONG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Welcome to the Development Team FIF !!! :D:D:D:D:D and thanks for joining us. We required a script writer to weave flowers of Mafia for the bouquet of Mafia Stories to me arranged :P

FIF - has joined the development team as Creative Writer so I will be setting up the Script Writing Module and everyone can help in it whenever they have the time and they have some Creativity in them.

We will also need QA's (Quality Assurancer) for checking the spelling and grammar part of it since others can also chip in their bit.

Edited by Ben Law

There was a bug in the development module which has been detected and corrected.

Since this work in the development site is continually in progress, there might be some errors that crop-up which might be missed by us. Please report the problem here so that I can fix it asap.