Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pirate Mafia

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#331 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:51 AM

Agree, I notice all the time you been killed at the early stage either night 1, day 1 or night 2.

I recovered, and I do think people should stop bringing up the past games or arguments from the past. No exceptions. I am just being just. They get into a pattern with lynching/plank etc. There is no exuse to think about the past games of Mafia, when a random role has been chosen for each individual game. Well, I bet this is nonsense too. Maybe I need to explain more for others to understand. :D

Edited by akaslickster, 04 October 2008 - 09:54 AM.

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#332 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:31 PM

I recovered, and I do think people should stop bringing up the past games or arguments from the past. No exceptions. I am just being just. They get into a pattern with lynching/plank etc. There is no exuse to think about the past games of Mafia, when a random role has been chosen for each individual game. Well, I bet this is nonsense too. Maybe I need to explain more for others to understand. :D

As far as I know, that's not possible for the human mind. But of course, we shouldn't make posts relating to that, rather we should keep it to ourselves. Hmmm..sounds rather difficult. :P :D

My reasons for going after CL, JS and some others game after game is clearly psychological. But I try my best to keep those thoughts aside. And I am successful most of the times. But I assure you JS, I really was just suspicious of you this game, though somehow it didn't feel quite right. On the first day, you were the only other crew member to vote for CP. CP's changing of votes seemed a typical Mafia move, so I voted for her. My reasoning was, if you were in cahoots with her, you would just place a seemingly non-influential vote for your fellow pirate and even if CP was revealed as a pirate later in the game, you would be pegged as an innocent crew member. But as I said I felt something was not right about my reasoning, I just don't know what. Even now. ;)

#333 Joe's Student

Joe's Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:48 PM

As far as I know, that's not possible for the human mind. But of course, we shouldn't make posts relating to that, rather we should keep it to ourselves. Hmmm..sounds rather difficult. :P :D

My reasons for going after CL, JS and some others game after game is clearly psychological. But I try my best to keep those thoughts aside. And I am successful most of the times. But I assure you JS, I really was just suspicious of you this game, though somehow it didn't feel quite right. On the first day, you were the only other crew member to vote for CP. CP's changing of votes seemed a typical Mafia move, so I voted for her. My reasoning was, if you were in cahoots with her, you would just place a seemingly non-influential vote for your fellow pirate and even if CP was revealed as a pirate later in the game, you would be pegged as an innocent crew member. But as I said I felt something was not right about my reasoning, I just don't know what. Even now. ;)

I totally understand, i was thinking when the night came after that day, that you would be suspicious of me as it was a funny move i know... just i got a feeling and that was it :). But i think i understand because previous times playing, even though I was a baddy i just got so into the game that i played as if i was innocent, trying to expose Mafia's and QA's and GR's, and you picked up on that, so now like in this game, i played as an innocent yet you can't help be suspicious of me :P. It's not previous roles that the suspicion is based on, it's the player's way of playing and how they've played in previous games, and what tactics they used.

#334 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:26 AM

JS, GC, it was so hard to play that last game! Its always hard to play a baddie for me. But with Ysan at the helm that one game we rocked it! If it wasnt for her...I would have been dead!
I tried to playit innocent but it really does come down to psychology. Sometimes it is intuition as well. When I play an innocent and I smell a villian I am usually right. I dont know why. I cant even come up with a reason for it. like when you both suspected me last game. I dont know what I said to draw you to me. Mustve been animal magnitism. he he

#335 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:29 AM

slicky-tricky, you have my respect and are a great player. I just coudnt shake you last game. But all of us will defend ourselves when tested, wait you didnt one game...had something to do with an elevator....but I think you were innocent. Hmmm, I will never figure each player out so I dont try. Have a great night and see ya later bud!

#336 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

One piece of advice to all you Mafia players: never, ever claim that "if you lynch me, it will be bad for the Innocents" or something similar. It never turns out well, and only gets people angry at you :D

#337 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:37 AM

One piece of advice to all you Mafia players: never, ever claim that "if you lynch me, it will be bad for the Innocents" or something similar. It never turns out well, and only gets people angry at you :D

ha ha
you posted a site a lil while ago and it said if you say that it means you are a baddie.....

#338 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:42 AM

I did? Was it 'epicmafia'? They agree with me? Hehe :P It's true though, that was one of Slick's statements that damned me. It doesn't offer any incentive for innocents to not lynch the person, in fact it angers them and frustrates them since it's such an empty, malicious statement, kind of like "if you are an innocent why are you being so unhelpful?" and so doesn't help to alleviate accusations or lynch votes

#339 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:03 AM

I did? Was it 'epicmafia'? They agree with me? Hehe :P It's true though, that was one of Slick's statements that damned me. It doesn't offer any incentive for innocents to not lynch the person, in fact it angers them and frustrates them since it's such an empty, malicious statement, kind of like "if you are an innocent why are you being so unhelpful?" and so doesn't help to alleviate accusations or lynch votes

Well I lived to the end. I did it honestly as well. I may not play for some time because I will die on the first night. :P :P
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#340 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:58 AM

JS, GC, it was so hard to play that last game! Its always hard to play a baddie for me. But with Ysan at the helm that one game we rocked it! If it wasnt for her...I would have been dead!
I tried to playit innocent but it really does come down to psychology. Sometimes it is intuition as well. When I play an innocent and I smell a villian I am usually right. I dont know why. I cant even come up with a reason for it. like when you both suspected me last game. I dont know what I said to draw you to me. Mustve been animal magnitism. he he

Yeah! It's difficult but being a baddie is what is challenging and loads of fun. I love being a baddie. :D (hey! only in Mafia :P ) You played well CP, but being a baddie one has to make some posts which somehow prove suspicious to others. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users