BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Pirate Mafia Signups

Yarr! The ship "Sinistral's Fury" is needing some crew members and pirates for a short (but fun!) voyage.

Rules are as follows:

-Similar to Speed Mafia: Days will be 12 hours long, 10AM EST - 10PM EST. Nights will be from 10PM EST - 10AM EST.

-Due to time constraints, day/night posts will most likely not contain much detail. A separate Pirate Mafia will be hosted at a later date with storyline added.

-Experienced mafia players preferred for this game.

-Please do not sign up if you know will be inactive for a significant amount of time. It can ruin the game for the other players.

-Refer to previous mafia games for basic mafia rules.

Roles:

PIRATES: - Win if they are the majority on any given day. Know each other's identities and can communicate at night.

Pirate Lord - Always appears as an innocent if investigated, will show as pirate if planked.

Pirate Wench - Can select one person each night to "visit". That person fails to perform any actions for that night. (They were sorta... distracted.) Does not have any effect on Kraken. Takes precedence over all other night actions.

Pirate Alchemist - During the day, not 2x in a row. Can PM a person's name AND role. If correct, that person dies from poison during the night if not treated by herbalist. If incorrect role is given, the wrong poison was used and the person will know they were poisoned. If treated by herbalist, announced in night post to everyone. Does not count as a night visit.

KRAKEN: - Wins by killing One-Eyed Jack, or if last one standing (16 players).

The Kraken - The Legendary Sea Monster. Kills on even nights. Immune for first night and day. Wins if it can kill One-Eyed Jack. If One-Eyed Jack is killed by some other means, the Kraken will leave the game (12 players). If 16 players, the Kraken will be weakened instead of leaving the game. It can still win if it is the last one standing, but in its weakened state, the Kraken's kill ability loses its effectiveness and can be prevented by Wench/Doctor/Veteran/Swashbuckler abilities.

CREW: - Win if all the Pirates (and Kraken) are dead.

One-Eyed Jack - Former pirate who once awakened the Kraken, but has grown old and is now paranoid that the Kraken is after him. Is missing one eye, and can't see very well with the other. Will kill ANYONE who visits him during the night, except the Kraken. Cannot be pirate killed at night using normal means. Can still be planked/poisoned. Wins with innocents.

Bartender - The bartender is well-liked and respected among everyone on board. All his votes are counted double(triple if over 10 people alive). The bartender has an extensive knowledge of drinks and thus cannot be poisoned by the Alchemist. Will be informed if a poison attempt is made on him, but is not informed of the Alchemist's identity.

Doctor - Chooses one person each night to save. Can save self once per game. If that person would be killed by pirates that night, they are saved instead. Does not save from poison or Kraken. 50% chance to save from One-Eyed Jack.

Navy Officer - Chooses one living person each night to investigate. Will be told in morning if that person is (pirate/innocent/Kraken). [Knows identity of One-Eyed Jack].

Stowaway - Can visit one person each night and hide in their cabin. If that person is visited at night, the Stowaway will know who visited them.

Lookout - From up in the crow's nest, picks one person to watch each night. If that person visits someone at night, the lookout will know who they visited. Does not count as a visit.

Swashbuckler - A master swordsman. Can choose one person each night to visit and protect from pirates. Can choose self(defend). If pirates try to kill that person at night, an epic battle ensues. 50% chance the pirate is killed, 25% chance the swashbuckler is killed, 25% chance target is killed. When defending self, chances are 50/50. Does not protect from Kraken. After used successfully, swashbuckler's identity is revealed during night post.

Herbalist - Each night can choose one person to visit and counteract poison.

If there are more than 12 players who wish to play, 4 more roles will be added:

Veteran - (Crew) - The veteran has been on many voyages and sea battles and is able to live through wounds that would kill most people. Can survive ONE night kill from pirates. Will still die from planking/poison/Kraken. Tiebreaker.

Martyr - (Crew) - If planked, has option to choose one person to kill.

Voodoo Pirate - (sided with Pirates) - A pirate who practices black voodoo magic. Has the following abilities:

Voodoo Bones - Once per game, can use black voodoo magic to learn the role of a dead player. Can send a PM at any time with a dead player's name, and will be informed what their role was.

Voodoo Magic - (any night, not 2x in a row) With the use of his black magic and voodoo dolls, can swap the effects of all night actions taken on two players. The Voodoo Pirate selects two players. All night actions taken on Player A will affect Player B instead. Consequently, all night actions taken on player B will instead affect Player A. One Eyed Jack CAN be killed by pirates by using voodoo. Lookout and Stowaway abilities are not affected by voodoo magic, and cannot be transferred to a different target.

Voodoo Priestess - (sided with Crew) - A practitioner of voodoo sided with the innocents. The Voodoo Pirate was once her student, but now they are enemies. Has the following abilities:

Dead Mon Talking - Once per game, can call to the spirit of a dead player and ask them one question. Questions must be simple and direct. "Were you the Doctor?" is a valid question. "What do you think I should do next?" is not a good question. The answers are limited to either one word, or the name of a player/role. The dead player can answer however they wish and does not necessarily have to give accurate information. Questions must be PMed to the host, and I will PM the dead player with the question and then send back the answer. Calling the spirit of One-Eyed Jack does not kill the Voodoo Priestess.

Voodoo Cancel - Any night, the Voodoo Priestess may choose a player. If that player is targeted by voodoo magic that night, the voodoo is cancelled. If the Voodoo Priestess selects the Voodoo Pirate and the Voodoo Pirate attempts to use voodoo magic that night, the spell backfires on him and the Voodoo Pirate is killed. Will be announced in night post if used successfully.

Rules and things to be aware of:

Planking is OPTIONAL on Day 1 only. During Day 1, you may choose to place a vote to not plank anybody that day. I am allowing this for strategic reasons. However, if I feel that people are defaulting to this option instead of participating in discussion, it may change without warning.

Pirate Night Kills - Because of the night visit and watching dynamic, along with the Pirates' choice of who to kill each night, they must also select one of their own to perform the killing. This person will be the one affected by any result of visiting the victim that night to kill them. If the pirates do not include this information in their nightly PM, I will select one of the Pirates at random.

Night actions are not mutually exclusive and do not cancel each other unless stated otherwise. If Kraken chooses to kill a pirate and pirates choose to kill Kraken... both will die. If Kraken chooses to kill One-Eyed Jack and Pirates choose to kill Kraken, both will die and Kraken wins the game, dying in the process.

Night PMs are final. You will not be allowed to change your mind once you have sent in a PM. This applies to the Pirate Alchemist as well.

If the voting ever ends up as a tie, the side the Veteran voted for will be planked. If the Veteran is not in the game or did not vote for one of the tied players, a coin toss will determine who will be planked.

There will be no hints in day/night posts.

If you are dead, don't go too far... you may still be able to participate in one way or another. :P

There may be a few secrets that show up during the voyage. There will be no secret win conditions however.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding rules in this thread. Game thread will be created later.

Signup Roster- Please read all the rules before signing up.

Captain: Sinistral

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13)

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, you just had to start this now, didn't you? I'm too busy with school to be playing any games(except Astray, that's much slower). Hopefully I'll have time sometime to host the game I've been working on(probably not until winter break). :P

This looks interesting, too. I read some of the Mafia threads. I'm glad I'm in time for this one! :D

1) Cherry Lane

2) Itachi

3) Wally West

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13)

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

Updating roster:

1) Cherry Lane

2) Itachi

3) Wally West

4) FIF

5) Crazypainter..hope to survive the first night! Scarby darby darby!

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13)

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

Edited by crazypainter

Am in 3 already :P CSM, Astray, War Room.

1) Cherry Lane

2) Itachi

3) Wally West

4) FIF

5) Crazypainter

6) Joe's Student

7) Ben_Law

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13)

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

I have been craving another Mafia!

1) Cherry Lane

2) Itachi

3) Wally West

4) FIF

5) Crazypainter

6) Joe's Student

7) Ben_Law

8)dusty

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13)

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

1) Cherry Lane

2) Itachi

3) Wally West

4) FIF

5) Crazypainter

6) Joe's Student

7) Ben_Law

8)dusty

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13) Dawh

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

I really probably shouldn't so I'm not putting myself in the main game. If you get enough people for an extended edition, I might be there.

Not a problem Itachi, we haven't even started yet. Maybe next time you'll have time to play.

Updating roster:

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West

3) FIF

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) dusty

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13) Dawh

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

19) Mekal (9/22)

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West

3) FIF

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) dusty

8) Kat

9)

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13) Dawh

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

19) Mekal (9/22)

Yay! Another mafia! I'll go get my eye patch...

~Kat

So if I have it right:

Captain's in EST, right?

10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. in EST would be the equivalent of 8:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. in IST.(Day)

10:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. in EST would be the equivalent of 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. in IST.(night)

Being a Mafia addict, I resisted for more than 2 days. But sorry not anymore. :P

Captain Sinistral: A request. Can the night post wait for the full 12 hrs. or will it be posted once all the night PM's have been recieved?

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West

3) FIF

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) dusty

8) Kat

9) GC

10)

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13) Dawh

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

19) Mekal (9/22)

P.S.: Anyone know a Mafia Rehab center? :P

Captain Sinistral: A request. Can the night post wait for the full 12 hrs. or will it be posted once all the night PM's have been recieved?

Can i echo that request simply because it's hard if you're in a dfferent timezone and the night suddenly takes 4hrs instead of 12, this means i lose 8hrs of 'day'time (or even more) while i'm sleeping and makes me look inactive....

It happened in ABR2, i thought it would be 12hrs, so 17hrs on i checked the game to find it had lasted 4hrs meaning i was 13hrs overdue, therefore missing voting time...

If not its ok i'll just stay awake :D, Mafia's worth it lol

Ok, it is a new week. I will join. :D

1) Cherry Lane

2) Wally West

3) FIF

4) Crazypainter

5) Joe's Student

6) Ben_Law

7) dusty

8) Kat

9) GC

10) woon

11)

12)

-If enough signups-

13) Dawh

14)

15)

16)

Backups:

17)

18)

19) Mekal (9/22)

So if I have it right:

Captain's in EST, right?

10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. in EST would be the equivalent of 8:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. in IST.(Day)

10:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. in EST would be the equivalent of 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. in IST.(night)

Being a Mafia addict, I resisted for more than 2 days. But sorry not anymore. :P

Yeah, the night post will wait the full 12 hours... I may have to post it a half hour early or half hour late depending on my availability since I'd be posting from work, but it'll generally be around 10 AM EST. I figure that will make it easier for you guys from other time zones if the day/night schedule is always at a fixed time.