Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas Tree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#31 MysteryKidakaJohnDoe

MysteryKidakaJohnDoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

it's a logic puzzle for god's sake! why do people have to be so picky about the unimportant details. You don't need to know what shade of blue it is, or ask over and over again why the angels can talk! admittedly the wording could have been better, but could people just do the puzzle?

Spoiler for my answer

#32 westonben

westonben

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:08 AM

If A doesn't answer then B knows A is the same colour as C so he picks the opposite of C.

#33 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

The wording should be changed to say that the Angels actually speak their guess out loud. I read "guess" as "silently figuring it out" because "guess" is an internal thought process, at which point I concluded that A was the only one with any hope of figuring out his own color and only when B&C have the same colors as each other.

So, when a guess IS possible, it's only A that can do it... unless the wording is changed.

???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

#34 Naruto Uzumaki

Naruto Uzumaki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. At first I thought that "logically" the only angel with a chance in hell of making a guess was A. I didn't realize they were having a competition to see who came up with the answer first and therefore saying the guess aloud. But then again, I've never had a speaking angel on my tree either.

lol i agree with that :lol:

#35 tay b

tay b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:08 AM

If A does not speak out, B will be able to guess that his aureole is he colour other than that of C.

i agree its the only thing that could possibly work

#36 jofis

jofis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:33 AM

a because asees andc and if b and c are yellow shes blue or b and c are blue shes yellow

#37 chicken-licken

chicken-licken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:11 PM

D is there so it is possible for all aureoles, i guess, so that there are two of both colours.

#38 largeneal

largeneal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:03 AM

all this talk of nipples on a brain teasers website...who would have thought?! Granted I don't know too many women with blue aureoles, I wouldn't kick them out of bed ;)

#39 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

all this talk of nipples on a brain teasers website...who would have thought?! Granted I don't know too many women with blue aureoles, I wouldn't kick them out of bed ;)

Calm down, put your glasses on areola/areolae which surrounds the mountain/s.
If you don't kick them out - which method do you usually employ?

Actually don't answer, I wish I hadd'nt but i started so I'll finnish.

#40 atulchaudhary

atulchaudhary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:04 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. At first I thought that "logically" the only angel with a chance in hell of making a guess was A. I didn't realize they were having a competition to see who came up with the answer first and therefore saying the guess aloud. But then again, I've never had a speaking angel on my tree either.

if B and C have same color then only A can guess right, otherwise it will be a lucky guess.
Is there some other way out?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users