Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas Tree

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#21 AngelicaMary

AngelicaMary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

Thr are two possibilities but only if the angels have sufficient intelligence and faith in each others intelligence.If B & C have identical aurioles i.e. 2 yellow and 2 blue then A will speak out first cause he can see them and can deduce.Otherwise A will remain silent so B will realise that he and C must have different coloured aurioles or halos else A would have spoken.So B will look at C's halo and can then deduce the colour of his own.(No colour isn't spelled wrong,its British spelling)

#22 lmm

lmm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 02:24 AM

This doesn't make sense. If Angel B can't see Angel A, how does Angel B know that Angel A can see Angel B and Angel C. Why wouldn't Angel B just assume that Angel A is behind a twig like Angel D? There is no reason that Angel B should think that Angel B's color is different than Angel A from Angel A's silence. The first answer (if Angel B and Angel C are the same color) is obvious.

#23 ReignMan27

ReignMan27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:46 AM

This doesn't make sense. If Angel B can't see Angel A, how does Angel B know that Angel A can see Angel B and Angel C. Why wouldn't Angel B just assume that Angel A is behind a twig like Angel D? There is no reason that Angel B should think that Angel B's color is different than Angel A from Angel A's silence. The first answer (if Angel B and Angel C are the same color) is obvious.

Exactly what I was thinking. How would B know that A can see B and C since B can't see A at all?

#24 Gildoania

Gildoania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

Well LOGIC would tell me that the angels on the christmas tree are inanimate objects, therefore cannot guess, deduce colors, or even think....EVER

#25 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 31 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

Well LOGIC would tell me that the angels on the christmas tree are inanimate objects, therefore cannot guess, deduce colors, or even think....EVER

the angels can think ... I created them

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#26 Anthe

Anthe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:50 PM

An additional assumption that must be included when telling this brain teaser is that the Angels know which Angels can see eachother. It is a key stipulation.

#27 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

An additional assumption that must be included when telling this brain teaser is that the Angels know which Angels can see eachother. It is a key stipulation.

good point ... I thought I had included that stipulation long time ago ... now I see that I missed that one ... puzzle amended

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#28 scottLeatham

scottLeatham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:14 AM

In the last line of the riddle, it asks for the first angel to have a GUESS. so the answer from the angel does not have to be right, therefore i think while angels A,B and C are thinking, angel D would have simply guessed straight away as there would be no way for him to tell what the other angels were wearing, so he would simply not waste time achieving nothing :D

#29 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 02:18 AM

In the last line of the riddle, it asks for the first angel to have a GUESS. so the answer from the angel does not have to be right, therefore i think while angels A,B and C are thinking, angel D would have simply guessed straight away as there would be no way for him to tell what the other angels were wearing, so he would simply not waste time achieving nothing :D

that "guess" thing was picked up and edited long time ago to the following:
Which one of them will be the first to guess (Edit: speak his guess out load, deduce and say) what his own aureole is?

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#30 astriofou

astriofou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:30 AM

well assuming angel b and c have the same color, angel a can conclude he has a color other than theirs,
then angel d would be safe to say he is the same color of angel a, and b can say he is same of angel c :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users