Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Atheism discussion

• Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#31 kestrel

kestrel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 09:58 AM

theres a realy good book that is about faith by linda newbery it is called THE SHELL HOUSE

#32 Blade

Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:19 PM

Sooooo ummm... do we have to be like, atheist or whatever? WoAH! A butterfly!!!!

#33 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:44 PM

OK so I jumped in a little late...Oh well.

UR, after our discussion the War thread...I had an Epiphany...I'm becoming more Agnostic rather than religious...I was sitting with my uncle just chatting and realized that I question religion more than anything....go figure lol

#34 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

Sooooo ummm... do we have to be like, atheist or whatever? WoAH! A butterfly!!!!

Hmm ADD Much?

#35 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

ha you boys crack me up!

Anyways, coming from a UCC background (obama's church and Congregationalist)
I find that a faith community is important. True I am an atheist but I love being
a part of a community of seekers. I think it is vitally important that we all have the
experience of a church and religion so that we wont mistake a cultish religion as
the answer for all our questions. Questioning is great! People who are so 100%
certain scare the hell out of me.

#36 Blade

Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

Hmm ADD Much?

lol no, just being random ^_^

#37 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:05 PM

ha you boys crack me up!

Anyways, coming from a UCC background (obama's church and Congregationalist)
I find that a faith community is important. True I am an atheist but I love being
a part of a community of seekers. I think it is vitally important that we all have the
experience of a church and religion so that we wont mistake a cultish religion as
the answer for all our questions. Questioning is great! People who are so 100%
certain scare the hell out of me.

I disagree - I know the importance of not having a cult church, and I rarely go to any type of church ;D

The 'community feeling' that is often associated with being a member of a church is certainly not limited to churches... not by far. It's an umbrella feeling which can really be felt in all kinds of situations... You don't need to be part of a church to 'belong' somewhere, that's rediculous :D

#38 Impervious

Impervious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2413 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

I disagree - I know the importance of not having a cult church, and I rarely go to any type of church ;D

The 'community feeling' that is often associated with being a member of a church is certainly not limited to churches... not by far. It's an umbrella feeling which can really be felt in all kinds of situations... You don't need to be part of a church to 'belong' somewhere, that's rediculous :D

Very true, there are all sorts of things, car clubs, motorcycle clubs, community service (voluntary), just about anything you can think of.

#39 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:31 PM

School, clubs, sports teams, workplace, closeknit group of friends, etc :D

#40 Blade

Blade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip