BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Speed Mafia

Brandonb

As much as I don't trust Ben, well more so, I don't think inactivity is cool at all. This is nothing personal, but maybe we should lynch Frost or Joe's Student for not participating. They still have time to get on and say/do something, but if they don't I change my vote to the one who doesn't vote. What does everyone else think about that? Frost admitted he may be inactive, it's really not personal, just to keep the momentum going.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can that be a disadvantage when you are getting 2 baddies consecutively ? Lynch one and the ninja kill one. That way this speed game will really be a speed game. The mafioso will waste a kill when they try to kill me, as I can save myself...

Yeah, but the strategy only works if you don't tell anyone and if I were doing what you claim to be doing, I would have approached it differently. As there is only one guaranteed healer and fewer people (which means better odds to make saves,) I would have kept a low profile as the doctor. Such as it is, I have no idea who you are. I might change my vote, but only if more people stop targeting me and I see another likely target.

As it is, I'm confused about why I'm being targeted. Nayana chose me because I was "inactive" and then she went to bed and Ben Law seems to have his own agenda, but I'm not sure what Cherry Lane's angle is. What have I done to deserve second place? :unsure:

Seeing Itachi's post, I might go for Frost if he doesn't get on soon and defend himself...

Yeah, but the strategy only works if you don't tell anyone and if I were doing what you claim to be doing, I would have approached it differently. As there is only one guaranteed healer and fewer people (which means better odds to make saves,) I would have kept a low profile as the doctor. Such as it is, I have no idea who you are. I might change my vote, but only if more people stop targeting me and I see another likely target.

As it is, I'm confused about why I'm being targeted. Nayana chose me because I was "inactive" and then she went to bed and Ben Law seems to have his own agenda, but I'm not sure what Cherry Lane's angle is. What have I done to deserve second place? :unsure:

Seeing Itachi's post, I might go for Frost if he doesn't get on soon and defend himself...

Yeah, anyone attacking you is highly suspect in my book because there's no reason. Frost is on now, so hopefully he can still play. ;)

Yeah, anyone attacking you is highly suspect in my book because there's no reason. Frost is on now, so hopefully he can still play. ;)

Yeah, sorry about not being on, I was at school(I get home at 5pm). I just have to say, it is so much nicer only having to read 10 pages of posts instead of 30. :P

Alright, I know I'm going with the bandwagon, but what is there to do? It's the first day, few of us have any info, and we have to pick someone.

Anyway, Ben Law has been the most suspicious so far in his posting. A few people were voting for dawh because of inactivity(I think) and that doesn't really seem to be a good reason(especially since he's been on).

1) Dawh - voting for Ben Law

2) itachi - voting for Ben Law

3) Nayana - voting for Dawh

4) Cherry Lane - voting for Dawh

5) GC - voting for Joe's Student

6) Joe's Student

7) Ben Law - voting for Dawh

8) Crazypainter -voting for rene83

9) rene83-voting for Ben Law

10) FIF - voting for Ben Law

11) Kat - DEAD [Mayor] (Killed by Mafia)

12) Frost - voting for Ben Law

Though I just realized, while JS has been on, he never voted and waited instead, which is really pointless in a speed game like this. I might consider changing my vote to him if he doesn't get on soon to vote.

Oh, and I should be on more now since it's the weekend. B))

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Frost

I am the doctor and you claim to be the spy . Who did you Spy on the 1st day ?

I really dont think rene was hinting at being a spy here.

I can see her hinting at another role.

But why come out as Doctor so early? Doesnt make sense to me.

I mean why do that the first day?

About 3 hrs left to vote. Im curious to see Frozens choice after I post

this.

My suspicions about Rne are lowering though. Mostly cause others are rising.

The idea is to have a role that is confirmed as innocent, but not as dangerous to the baddies as many other innocent roles could be, AND could be beneficial to the baddies if they could pursued the Mayor during the lynch. This kind of creates the ability of the Mayor being invincible at night, through a "no interest in killing that role" sort of thing.

OK, I'll be back in a few hours.

Yeah, but the Mayor's the only one who the mafia can't cast suspicion on...and if anyone knows all about casting suspicion on everyone else, it's you...that's why I'm voting for you! :D (except that neither of us are playing, of course ;P)

if you want to go by probabilities, i haven't been good since Mafia 2... so there's a very high chance that I'm innocent ;)

Haha...Mathgirl says: *cough* *choke* *hacking cough* *gasp* *coughing up blood* :P

6) Joe's Student

8) Crazypainter -voting for Ben Law

Sorry, didn't realize I hadn't put a reason with my vote. I decided to believe BL for now, and figured I should vote for someone who already has votes, or it won't do much good. I chose dawh over Rene or Joe's, because I think he's more likely to be mafia. Going back to the start of the day, and the question of why did mafia target Kat. GC says it's a logical choice (I think Itachi did, too), and dawh was the first to come to mind as being logical (thinking of his penchant for long, well-thought-out posts). But I didn't think going after the mayor was such a logical choice. I thought Kat was targeted by someone who just wanted to mess with us and allow for some good discussion. Who would do that? Again, dawh was the first to come to mind.

Edited by Cherry Lane

6) Joe's Student - Ben Law

I'm back on again.. i hardly think i've been inactive, i've posted a bit, there wasn't anyone else on when i was on earlier. Was suspicious of BL as alot of people were, he hasn't defended himself too well. Vote is up.

Edit: Remove quote tags

Edited by Joe's Student

Hosts: Brandonb & Y-san

6) Joe's Student - voting for Ben Law

Wow, we have a full lynching roster! Let me just say THANK YOU for everyone being so active!

3hrs 45mins till time is up!!

Edited by Brandonb

Wow, we have a full lynching roster! Let me just say THANK YOU for everyone being so active!

3hrs 45mins till time is up!!

You're welcome ;)

-and-

anyone want to reconsider their vote? Still plenty of time to have a whole other discussion.

Edited by Cherry Lane

Sorry, didn't realize I hadn't put a reason with my vote. I decided to believe BL for now, and figured I should vote for someone who already has votes, or it won't do much good. I chose dawh over Rene or Joe's, because I think he's more likely to be mafia. Going back to the start of the day, and the question of why did mafia target Kat. GC says it's a logical choice (I think Itachi did, too), and dawh was the first to come to mind as being logical (thinking of his penchant for long, well-thought-out posts). But I didn't think going after the mayor was such a logical choice. I thought Kat was targeted by someone who just wanted to mess with us and allow for some good discussion. Who would do that? Again, dawh was the first to come to mind.

Well, I guess it's a good thing that my reputation precedes me, (though I wish that I had a little bit more control over that reputation, :o ) but I wouldn't have targeted the Mayor the first night. It's a sure-fire thing, but as a Mafioso, I would think that the Mayor is most useful on the first day, when opinions can be easily turned on spurious evidence. I would have waited for the second or third night to make that kill.

It's definitely possible that BL is telling the truth; there's no way to be sure at this point, but he definitely didn't handle his defense very well in any case. Of course, assuming he is telling the truth, there are four people who would like to see him removed from the picture as soon as possible. He claims he was acting suspicious to draw the mafia's fire, but I would expect suspicious activity to draw fire from the innocents first. Then, once he came out as the Doctor (and no one seemed to believe him,) the mafia (and Grim Reaper) happily jumped on the bandwagon in pursuit. I could be entirely wrong on this count, but I'm going to go on a hunch and change my vote (my reason is this hunch I have, which I'm not enumerating at this time.)

Hosts: Brandonb & Y-san

1) Dawh - voting for Joe's Student

6) Joe's Student - voting for Ben Law

When you used the words "knowledgeable justice", I interpreted it as you being able to get information, the role of the "Spy" or the "Sage"

Thank you

Aw MAN! I was going to do well in this game too <_< Just before I go, want to point out that Ben Law was offering to be sacrificed for the mafia to aim for him, but if he WAS the docter, he would know thats pretty stupid, and would give innocents a disadvantage. GOOD LUCK MY PEOPLE. :lol:

~Kat

Yeah, BL... as the doctor the inoocents NEED you to stay alive so why would you want to sacrifice yourself to the mafia? that logic makes absolutely zero sense

It's definitely possible that BL is telling the truth; there's no way to be sure at this point, but he definitely didn't handle his defense very well in any case.

To be fair, he never did handle defense very well. Mafia III, anyone? :P

I'd like to hear from JS before I think about changing my vote.

To be fair, he never did handle defense very well. Mafia III, anyone? :P

I'd like to hear from JS before I think about changing my vote.

If BL really is the doc, he should have tried his strategy a little later in the day, to get the mafia's attention without getting lynched! Unfortunately for us, I am believing him right now, and just think it was a poor strategy that will hurt us all.

As for JS, It would help if JS had something to respond to. All we have against him are some "thoughts" and a "hunch".

If BL really is the doc, he should have tried his strategy a little later in the day, to get the mafia's attention without getting lynched! Unfortunately for us, I am believing him right now, and just think it was a poor strategy that will hurt us all.

As for JS, It would help if JS had something to respond to. All we have against him are some "thoughts" and a "hunch".

That's a good point, i don't know exactly what i have to respond to..

To GC: i think you said you were voting for me because of how i played the previous game was similar to this game, but that's just how i play (and btw i don't even know the way that i play lol :P)

To Frost maybe?: Or whoever it was called me inactive... i think that's totally unfair. but hey! :D

To Dawh: Your hunch... can i have more so i can defend myself?

That's all I've got :)

30 Minutes Remaining

LAST CALL! :P

It seems like the debate has dried up... :o

As my hunch doesn't seem like it will make a difference and it's not based on anything very strong, I think I'll hold onto it...

DAY POST #1

Well no big surprise, everyone knows what's coming....

Host: Brandonb & Y-san

1) Dawh

2) itachi

3) Nayana

4) Cherry Lane

5) GC

6) Joe's Student

7) Ben Law SAVED!

8) Crazypainter

9) rene83

10) FIF

12) Frost

:P

We have had a repeat of day 1 in M4F14.

The Police Officer arrested BL before the lynchers could get him to the chopping block. No one is dying today!

Still, just to be clear, BL is not having any kind of picnic either.

All PO puzzles are pleasantly provided by your puzzle princess: Mathgirl

So, night 2 has begun! Start sending us those PMs People!

EDIT: lol, wrong line

Edited by Brandonb

haha. work that crazy witch doctor over please.

ok, can someone please clarify this: the point of saving Ben was that if there is no Doctor activity tonight then we can almost assume he is the Doctor. Which I may do. But is that the only reason? And what if he doesn't answer the riddle correctly?

edit: ok i get it somewhat. if he's wrong he stays in jail and then we'll know. so Ben, if you get out of jail, save either yourself or rene tonight and I will believe you. If the Doctor is someone else and Ben is free tonight save someone else.

haha. work that crazy witch doctor over please.

ok, can someone please clarify this: the point of saving Ben was that if there is no Doctor activity tonight then we can almost assume he is the Doctor. Which I may do. But is that the only reason? And what if he doesn't answer the riddle correctly?

edit: ok i get it somewhat. if he's wrong he stays in jail and then we'll know. so Ben, if you get out of jail, save either yourself or rene tonight and I will believe you. If the Doctor is someone else and Ben is free tonight save someone else.

Just to clarify. I'm not gonna mention the Doctor doing anything unless the Doc actually makes a save. So no matter who the Doc is, there is a decent chance that there will be no doctor activity tonight.

Then again, it is possible that as many as 5 people could die tonight, so the doc stands a decent chance of saving someone.