BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

The morning after a rousing game of Mafia the Drinking Game at Y-san's pad (aka the Game Pad ;P), the neighbors reported a fire in the storage shed. The police investigation squad found Sinistral's burnt body in the storage shed. The shed had one door and a window that was an open rectangle lined with bars 3 inches apart. The door of the shed (which opened inwards) was blocked by a solid cement block that was 1m by 1m by 1m. The police determined that the block was so heavy that no one person could lift or move the block by themselves. The autopsy revealed that Phaze had died from asphyxiation by smoke inhalation (the usual cause of death in fire incidents). But they couldn't figure out how in the world he could have gotten himself trapped in the shed with the block blocking the door...

Sinistral had left the party at one point to go look for some duct-tape to tape Phaze's mouth shut with...he had gone out to the storage shed and hadn't come back. Everyone had been so out of it at that point that no one really noticed until morning...

Y-san, who had an outstandingly high alcohol tolerance for an Asian girl, went out to the scene of the crime. She looked at it for a few minutes and then asked several of the bulky police officers to lift up the block a little so she could look at the bottom. Sure enough, as she had thought, there was a piece of plastic stuck to the bottom of the block.

She knew that TC, who had been issuing death threats to Sinistral was the murderer, and being underage, he hadn't been invited to the party at her pad. And now she new how he did it.

How did TC kill Sinistral?

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The morning after a rousing game of Mafia the Drinking Game at Y-san's pad (aka the Game Pad ;P), the neighbors reported a fire in the storage shed. The police investigation squad found Sinistral's burnt body in the storage shed. The shed had one door and a window that was an open rectangle lined with bars 3 inches apart. The door of the shed (which opened inwards) was blocked by a solid cement block that was 1m by 1m by 1m. The police determined that the block was so heavy that no one person could lift or move the block by themselves. The autopsy revealed that Phaze had died from asphyxiation by smoke inhalation (the usual cause of death in fire incidents). But they couldn't figure out how in the world he could have gotten himself trapped in the shed with the block blocking the door...

Sinistral had left the party at one point to go look for some duct-tape to tape Phaze's mouth shut with...he had gone out to the storage shed and hadn't come back. Everyone had been so out of it at that point that no one really noticed until morning...

Y-san, who had an outstandingly high alcohol tolerance for an Asian girl, went out to the scene of the crime. She looked at it for a few minutes and then asked several of the bulky police officers to lift up the block a little so she could look at the bottom. Sure enough, as she had thought, there was a piece of plastic stuck to the bottom of the block.

She knew that TC, who had been issuing death threats to Sinistral was the murderer, and being underage, he hadn't been invited to the party at her pad. And now she new how he did it.

How did TC kill Sinistral?

the piece of plastic was used to move the block. TC placed the block on top of a long piece of plastic and them pulled the plastic, of course the block would with it. the same piece of plastic is thin enough to go under the door (that opens to the inside).This way TC is able to pull the block to block the door from the inside. Once the block was in position (ie behind the door and could not move anymore) TC ripped it thus leaving the remaining under the block.

How is that for an explanation?

the cement was pumped in through the bars in the window. plastic held the square shape until the cement set and then the fire was started to burn the plastic away. i doubt either that cement would set that quickly or that the murderer would wait around to start the fire but i can't think of any other way

I'm guessing the plastic is part of a pneumatic device, like a capsule or balloon which was used to tip the cement block in front of the door. the capsule was inflated through a pipe through the window.

Here's testing beginners luck!

Okay then, playing off of Leamboy's theory...

When Sinistral arrived at the shed, the door was cracked open. Little did he know that balanced on top of the door was a plastic tub (1mx1mx1m)and attached to the tub was tube that ran along near the ceiling and down through the barred window. When Sinistral entered the shed, the door closed behind him, dropping the plastic tub (with tube attached) therefore releasing the freshly mixed concrete from the mixer outside the window. Gravity drew the concrete from the elevated window into the tub on the floor. Sinistral freaked and began tugging at the tub...to no avail. He called out for help, but the noise from the party was too loud, no one could hear him. Except ThunderChicken that is, who, knowing that Sinistral was sufficiently trapped, took out his matches and lit the shed on fire. As the flames began to rise, TC stood back to take in the show. He smirked as he listened to Sinstral's screaming; that is, until Puzzlegirl arrived on the sceen to solve the murder and put TC to death by a firing squad of Gangsters with Tommy Guns. Rat-a-tat-tat!

Where's my Kudos??

EDIT: spelling

Edited by puzzlegirl

Could you describe the shed for us?

The block was on a pvc roof.

TC lit the plastic weakening it and the block fell into place. The fire then killed poor old Sinistral. The duct tape was used before the incident to tie him up, keep him quiet. It is either that or a red herring.

Okay then, playing off of Leamboy's theory...

When Sinistral arrived at the shed, the door was cracked open. Little did he know that balanced on top of the door was a plastic tub (1mx1mx1m)and attached to the tub was tube that ran along near the ceiling and down through the barred window. When Sinistral entered the shed, the door closed behind him, dropping the plastic tub (with tube attached) therefore releasing the freshly mixed concrete from the mixer outside the window. Gravity drew the concrete from the elevated window into the tub on the floor. Sinistral freaked and began tugging at the tub...to no avail. He called out for help, but the noise from the party was too loud, no one could hear him. Except ThunderChicken that is, who, knowing that Sinistral was sufficiently trapped, took out his matches and lit the shed on fire. As the flames began to rise, TC stood back to take in the show. He smirked as he listened to Sinstral's screaming; that is, until Puzzlegirl arrived on the sceen to solve the murder and put TC to death by a firing squad of Gangsters with Tommy Guns. Rat-a-tat-tat!

Where's my Kudos??

EDIT: spelling

Lol, nice storytelling...but it wasn't a plastic tub...it was thinner, like a bag or sheet (or else there would have been melted plastic around...)...the clue in post #18 is very literal...;P

Could you describe the shed for us?

The block was on a pvc roof.

TC lit the plastic weakening it and the block fell into place. The fire then killed poor old Sinistral. The duct tape was used before the incident to tie him up, keep him quiet. It is either that or a red herring.

It was a normal tool shed. There's nothing important about it except what is said in the original problem. And the duct-tape was the reason Sinistral went out to the shed...to look for it so that he could duct-tape YOU :P.

Haha from my calculations me murdering Sinistral sparked no less than 4 new members ^_^

Yeah Sinistral take that! ONE POST MAN! Come on one post!? I'm glad you died...

And to the people with the friends theory...

I don't have any friends... :lol:

Haha from my calculations me murdering Sinistral sparked no less than 4 new members ^_^

Yeah Sinistral take that! ONE POST MAN! Come on one post!? I'm glad you died...

And to the people with the friends theory...

I don't have any friends... :lol:

Not now, I mean, mmp mPp

Edit: What say you Y-San where two people involed or only one and moving the block was far easier than it should have been?

Edited by phaze

Plastic box on falt shed roof full of hydraulic uba-ultra-rapid drying cement, Sinistral enters shed, TC locks door throws in molotov cocktail (grabbed from party - he he) the shed roof burns and the cement dries quick from the carbon dioxide, caused by high temperature via a highly oter combustiable product in the shed

cant rember the cement chemistry too well

Nope, just TC, all by himself. Everyone else was at my place taking jelly shots...;P

Except for me of course (tee-totaler)

I was instead the target for a good ole duct taping

Edit: hey, who spiked my orange juice, I usually get load and obnoxious if i get drunk, <penny drops/>

Edited by phaze

Except for me of course (tee-totaler)

I was instead the target for a good ole duct taping

Lol she said that cause you kept saying completely random stuff on the mafia games that made everybody pretty much want to duct tape your mouth shut so you would stop confusing us...

And after I burned Sinistral alive, B)) I snuck into Y-San's pad to steal some booze and got completely hammered...

So I remember nothing of last night.

TC used the duct tape to tie up Sinistral. Then he used platic molds inside to the room to from the block. The concrete was poured through the window into the mold, then the fire was set. The fire burned off the tape hardened the concrete and destroyed the molds.

The concrete block was on a piece of plastic that was on wooden rollers

TC pulled the plastic and the block off the wooden rollers.

As the block headed towards the door he had to keep the plastic low enough so that when the door closed he would be able to keep pulling

The wooden rollers burnt in the fire caused by a couple of molotov cocktails thown in the window.

On his way sneaking into the party he spied a roll of duct-tape in the grass. He decided to use it on the load obnoxious person he could hear from the shed.

The concrete block was on a piece of plastic that was on wooden rollers

TC pulled the plastic and the block off the wooden rollers.

As the block headed towards the door he had to keep the plastic low enough so that when the door closed he would be able to keep pulling

The wooden rollers burnt in the fire caused by a couple of molotov cocktails thown in the window.

On his way sneaking into the party he spied a roll of duct-tape in the grass. He decided to use it on the load obnoxious person he could hear from the shed.

Lol, nice, but its actually not that complicated...but you're right in thinking there was something besides the plastic involved...something that burned quite nicely...*cough* post #18 ;P