Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:55 AM

The morning after a rousing game of Mafia the Drinking Game at Y-san's pad (aka the Game Pad ;P), the neighbors reported a fire in the storage shed. The police investigation squad found Sinistral's burnt body in the storage shed. The shed had one door and a window that was an open rectangle lined with bars 3 inches apart. The door of the shed (which opened inwards) was blocked by a solid cement block that was 1m by 1m by 1m. The police determined that the block was so heavy that no one person could lift or move the block by themselves. The autopsy revealed that Phaze had died from asphyxiation by smoke inhalation (the usual cause of death in fire incidents). But they couldn't figure out how in the world he could have gotten himself trapped in the shed with the block blocking the door...

Sinistral had left the party at one point to go look for some duct-tape to tape Phaze's mouth shut with...he had gone out to the storage shed and hadn't come back. Everyone had been so out of it at that point that no one really noticed until morning...

Y-san, who had an outstandingly high alcohol tolerance for an Asian girl, went out to the scene of the crime. She looked at it for a few minutes and then asked several of the bulky police officers to lift up the block a little so she could look at the bottom. Sure enough, as she had thought, there was a piece of plastic stuck to the bottom of the block.

She knew that TC, who had been issuing death threats to Sinistral was the murderer, and being underage, he hadn't been invited to the party at her pad. And now she new how he did it.

How did TC kill Sinistral?

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#2 puzzlegirl

puzzlegirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:09 AM

OOoohhhh! Good one! A piece of plastic huh?

Spoiler for could it be...

#3 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:11 AM

Oops, I meant that the autopsy revealed that Sinistral had died of asphyxiation from smoke inhalation, not Phaze...Phaze was just the one everyone wanted to duct-tape ;P.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#4 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:12 AM

OOoohhhh! Good one! A piece of plastic huh?

Spoiler for could it be...

No, it was larger than that...it almost covered the entire bottom of the block...

#5 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

No, it was larger than that...it almost covered the entire bottom of the block...

Did the garbage bags (plastic) mean that the block moved easily?
Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#6 puzzlegirl

puzzlegirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:16 AM

Nevermind all that! It just came to me!!
Spoiler for I think...

EDIT: Dang you Phaze! Don't butt in on my theory while I'm busy typing it up!! GRRRR! I'd punch you, but it seems I'm lying dead in my master bedroom. :)

Edited by puzzlegirl, 26 August 2008 - 05:18 AM.

#7 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:20 AM

Did the garbage bags (plastic) mean that the block moved easily?

No, they don't make it move easily...if you had a garbage back wrapped around the block and tried to move it with the garbage bag, the bag would just rip under the pressure...

#8 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:21 AM

Nevermind all that! It just came to me!!

Spoiler for I think...

EDIT: Dang you Phaze! Don't butt in on my theory while I'm busy typing it up!! GRRRR! I'd punch you, but it seems I'm lying dead in my master bedroom. :)

No, Phaze had an airtight alibi...he was inside, being the target of *every* faction in the game...;P

#9 puzzlegirl

puzzlegirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:23 AM

No, Phaze had an airtight alibi...he was inside, being the target of *every* faction in the game...;P

Okay, well, remove Phaze from the theory. It was all TC. Did I get it right? Did I even come close?

#10 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:24 AM

No, they don't make it move easily...if you had a garbage back wrapped around the block and tried to move it with the garbage bag, the bag would just rip under the pressure...

Was the plastic ripped?
Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users