BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

The morning after a rousing game of Mafia the Drinking Game at Y-san's pad (aka the Game Pad ;P), the neighbors reported a fire in the storage shed. The police investigation squad found Sinistral's burnt body in the storage shed. The shed had one door and a window that was an open rectangle lined with bars 3 inches apart. The door of the shed (which opened inwards) was blocked by a solid cement block that was 1m by 1m by 1m. The police determined that the block was so heavy that no one person could lift or move the block by themselves. The autopsy revealed that Phaze had died from asphyxiation by smoke inhalation (the usual cause of death in fire incidents). But they couldn't figure out how in the world he could have gotten himself trapped in the shed with the block blocking the door...

Sinistral had left the party at one point to go look for some duct-tape to tape Phaze's mouth shut with...he had gone out to the storage shed and hadn't come back. Everyone had been so out of it at that point that no one really noticed until morning...

Y-san, who had an outstandingly high alcohol tolerance for an Asian girl, went out to the scene of the crime. She looked at it for a few minutes and then asked several of the bulky police officers to lift up the block a little so she could look at the bottom. Sure enough, as she had thought, there was a piece of plastic stuck to the bottom of the block.

She knew that TC, who had been issuing death threats to Sinistral was the murderer, and being underage, he hadn't been invited to the party at her pad. And now she new how he did it.

How did TC kill Sinistral?

• Answers 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Nevermind all that! It just came to me!!

Phaze and TC were in kahoots. Phaze intentionally shot off his mouth so that Sinistral would have to go looking for the duct tape. Meanwhile, TC had rigged the shed. How? By placing a long sheet of heavy-duty plastic (like a thick plastic tarp) on the floor of the shed and leading out the doorway. Then he had (with the help of some levers, pullies, and very strong friends) placed the block approximately 3 feet inside the door (just far enough in so that the open door would clear it) on the very edge of the plastic.

Then, when Sinistral entered the shed, TC shut the door behind him and he and phaze pulled the plastic sheet with all of their might until they heard the block hit the door. They through a few fire bombs into the shed through the barred window, ripped away the excess tarp and headed back into the party...while Sinstral smoked away!

Wschew!

EDIT: Dang you Phaze! Don't butt in on my theory while I'm busy typing it up!! GRRRR! I'd punch you, but it seems I'm lying dead in my master bedroom. :)

Edited by puzzlegirl

Nevermind all that! It just came to me!!

Phaze and TC were in kahoots. Phaze intentionally shot off his mouth so that Sinistral would have to go looking for the duct tape. Meanwhile, TC had rigged the shed. How? By placing a long sheet of heavy-duty plastic (like a thick plastic tarp) on the floor of the shed and leading out the doorway. Then he had (with the help of some levers, pullies, and very strong friends) placed the block approximately 3 feet inside the door (just far enough in so that the open door would clear it) on the very edge of the plastic.

Then, when Sinistral entered the shed, TC shut the door behind him and he and phaze pulled the plastic sheet with all of their might until they heard the block hit the door. They through a few fire bombs into the shed through the barred window, ripped away the excess tarp and headed back into the party...while Sinstral smoked away!

Wschew!

EDIT: Dang you Phaze! Don't butt in on my theory while I'm busy typing it up!! GRRRR! I'd punch you, but it seems I'm lying dead in my master bedroom. :)

No, Phaze had an airtight alibi...he was inside, being the target of *every* faction in the game...;P

No, Phaze had an airtight alibi...he was inside, being the target of *every* faction in the game...;P

Okay, well, remove Phaze from the theory. It was all TC. Did I get it right? Did I even come close?

I a tee-totaller and apparently Y-San could drink you under the table

Hehe...you should see me at the DDR Drinking Game...play on battle mode and winner takes a shot...15 shots and *still* winning...;P

But are you guys gonna let KFC get away with Aizen's murder? :D

Edit: Again in response to your edit :P, yes, I would hope so, or else I wouldn't have been a very good host...;)

Edited by Yoruichi-san

OK Im new to this but after reading the other posts, i figure that its not the door.

how big is the window?

ok so lets say the window is 20 in. big. with 3 poles 3 in. apart. that is still 11 in. or what ever is left depending on the window, that is maybe TC or who ever was in side the shed waiting with friends for the dude.

when he came in they jumped him and tied him up ( which was burned away) then puched the block then left out the window,

or does the window have anything to do with it???

was kind of plastic was it. like a bag or what??? :wacko:

OK Im new to this but after reading the other posts, i figure that its not the door.

how big is the window?

ok so lets say the window is 20 in. big. with 3 poles 3 in. apart. that is still 11 in. or what ever is left depending on the window, that is maybe TC or who ever was in side the shed waiting with friends for the dude.

when he came in they jumped him and tied him up ( which was burned away) then puched the block then left out the window,

or does the window have anything to do with it???

was kind of plastic was it. like a bag or what??? :wacko:

it does not say 3 bars/poles - lined the window 3 inches apart - size may matter i they can be bent and pushed back to look unmoved.

Q to Y-San ... was there any rebar in the block - he he