Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trains

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

#31 Taidaishar

Taidaishar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

You know...you really don't have to be so rude about it. I don't know any of you people here. But I think it's something to try to figure out the answers to these logic questions without someone name calling. Why can't you explain things without being so rude?

I'm not really sure who you are talking about, but if it was me, and I upset you, then I am VERY SORRY!!!.....

Wait,,,,,,

Hold on, I think I,,,,, ()

Ahhhh, There it is......

THE ONLY PERSON BEING RUDE, IS YOU!!! WE ARE JOKING AROUND WITH EACHOTHER WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EMOTION BEHIND ANYTHING WE ARE SAYING. YOU ARE RIGHT, YOU "DO NOT" KNOW ANY OF US YET ARE JUDGING OUR ACTIONS AS IF YOU DO.

Actually dude, you weren't really rude until you said this...

Cloud9ine was the rude one in what he said below:

Im a Moron. I can't believe I sat and did the math on this one before it hit me... LOL

no you're not.. The moron came and posted right after you!!

Just because someone didn't catch it right away doesn't make them a moron...

#32 spamoid9

spamoid9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:48 AM

HarHar! That took me ages to work out, I had to read the question, like, 10 times!! Lol!

#33 Dinghus

Dinghus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:32 AM

Well, this one is obvious. The train leaving New York will be closest. Totally obvious. Unless the one from Boston plowed right over the one from NY and ended up further down the tracks towards NY the NY train is closest.

Of course this assumes they are on the same track and crash head on.

IF they are on different tracks then we have to determine the exact moment of "encounter" and what their relationship to each other at that time is. The only way for the answer to be "neither is closer" would be if the front end of the Boston train to be aligned with the back end of the New York train. Any other point of "encounter" and one of them will be closer.

These problems are too simple.

#34 mak

mak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

ITS GOING TO BE THE TRAIN LEAVING FROM NEW YORK COZ DOING ALL THE MATHS I CAME 2 KNO THATLETS SAY THE TRAIN MOVING FROM NY BE 1 AND LET THE OTHER BE 2 i,e. MOVING FROM BOSTON.BY CALCULATION TRAIN 1 WILL BE 35 KMS AWAY 4RM NY IN THREE AND A HALF HOUR AND THE TRAIN 2 WILLL BE APPROXIMATELY 75 AT THE SAME TIME BUT THE CLASH WILL BE AT 65 AND HENCE THE TRAIN 1 WILL BE NEARER TO NY.

#35 Renrag

Renrag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:57 AM

Wow, i feel REALLY dumb now.

#36 Canonbomber

Canonbomber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

why would you bury the survivors? That was a great 5 min of my morning. I laughed after i thought about the question..... I totally lost it when i read the posts. ...... Then I giggled the whole time i typed my post. I am so funny.

#37 smarts

smarts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

does any one have a good riddle?

#38 Sharpshark

Sharpshark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

Neither because if they "encounter", then they are at the same place but also the one that started out first may be ahead, because there is only one track

#39 Oblivion

Oblivion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

Insufficient information. An S shaped or other shaped track would put the New York train on the Boston side, and the rear of the Boston train would be closest to the New York side. The question is wrong. It should say straight track.

#40 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

Insufficient information. An S shaped or other shaped track would put the New York train on the Boston side, and the rear of the Boston train would be closest to the New York side. The question is wrong. It should say straight track.

and yet I find the puzzle interesting and amusing :P

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users