Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

A First Time for Everything?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

For the people that are looking for things that only happen once (such as your birth or death or 7th birday, etc) that would also be the first time, so that doesn't work.

And I don't think it's time, cuz if time DID come into being, this 'time' that we are 'in' is the 'first time' literally. And its too metaphysical, and as bonanova said, the boy seemed sure, so it's not something religious i hope.

So my best guess would be for something thats IMPOSSIBLE but people might say NOTHING'S IMPOSSIBLE so... yeah... how about something truthfully saying that "This statement is a lie" or some sort of paradox...?

Yeah I'm interested to hear the answer too.

Maybe the first time for something that happens with another pair since it goes from 0 to 2? But then that would be the first time for a pair to happen...? Hmm this is a good one! ;D

#12 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5885 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:04 AM

GmEiNnIdUS -- Hello?
You gonna give us some help?
Inquiring minds around the globe are on edge!

Bumping this to the top of the list ...
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

#13 hipowertech

hipowertech

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 05:53 AM

Where oh where has our riddler gone? where oh where could he be?

anyone else heard this one before? it sounds familiar but I'm also starting to think I've been sent into a round room and asked to pee in the corner.

Peace

#14 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:08 PM

I Dug this one up from the archives, but it's pretty clear the OP will not be around to post the answer he/she had in mind:

I'm also interested if there are any other new ideas for this one. I'd have to say...

Spoiler for possible answer

#15 Nayana

Nayana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:19 PM

hhmm...i think itachi-san got it right... :)

#16 largeneal

largeneal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

Spoiler for my stab...

#17 abhisk

abhisk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

I agree with Itachi, and i looked at the person who made this, and he last visited Aug. 9. I wonder what his answer is if it was not black :mellow:

#18 abhisk

abhisk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

Spoiler for my stab...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

It's a good point!
Is it the last thing?

That was deeprer than I meant it!

#20 Noct

Noct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

He realizes there will never be a first time for someone proving that something doesn't have a first time.

But in doing so, he proves that something doesn't have a first time, so he proves himself false. He creates a paradox :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users