Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mythological Mafia

• Please log in to reply
1558 replies to this topic

#1471 frozen_in_fire

frozen_in_fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

Frozen

go ahead... lie-detect me... I am an innocent.

#1472 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:22 AM

So I've been doing a little bit of Y-s' research and I think I know what course of action is best for the innocents. 'Course I can't just come out and say it because the innocents are not the only ones listening. Right now, we need the identity of the GR, since no one is informed of that role. Y-s' methods seem to have put her (and me B)) ) on the right track and the QA's ID will be revealed to the Inspector tomorrow or in two days at worst. Certain people have been acting very strangely, but have been dropping under the radar since others have been acting more overtly baddie. Looking back at the posts now, I think that it is clear what needs to be done and I will take the appropriate action.

If you think I'm being a little too vague, just know that I'm capitalizing on the situation for the innocents.

Edit: Clarity

Edited by dawh, 12 August 2008 - 05:27 AM.

#1473 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:27 AM

But I wasn't about PW. It came down to a choice b/w PW and Frozen. I Picked PW b/c I would not have cared if I killed'em (doesn't contribute much at all). hehe

Haha...I'm glad I'm the Ninja, not you...XP

Just to clarify, you now know PW's role? Or just that he's an Innocent? (Of course, don't tell what the role is ;))

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 2 is awaiting it's epic conclusion...are you up to the task?

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#1474 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:34 AM

Night post done...and coming... :D

#1475 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

Links:
Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D
Mafia V Intro
Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising
Night 1 - Rooftop Snow Rising addendum
Day 1 - The Really Ominous Frozen Lake
Night 2 - Oh $#!T!
Day 2 - Sacrificial Snowboarding
Night 3 - Writer's Block in Pengville
Day 3 - The Pit

Night 4

One Hell of a Night

The night air was cool and crisp. Sinistral was sitting at a dark and lonely bus stop, with one flickering street lamp above him. He was tired of all of the killing and fighting in Pengville that had happened in the past few days. He hoped it would all be over soon. If only he realized.

Bored of waiting for the bus, Sinistral looked down at the crumpled newspaper he was holding. The headline read:

Defender Dies in Horrible Suicide During Lynching of Suspected Mafioso

“Oh great,” he muttered; “Now the Ninja will really need some protection tonight.”

It had gotten late, and Sinistral was getting tired of waiting for the bus. He had somewhere to get to, and he needed to get there fast.

A dark figure appeared in a nearby alley. It snuck up from behind the bus station and stood right behind Sinistral.

“Hello,” it called out.

Sinistral turned around. “Oh, hey,” he said calmly.

Yoruichi-san walked around and sat down next to Sinistral.

“Waiting for the bus, huh?” Yoruichi-san commented. “Lonely?”

“Yeah,” Sinistral replied, “it’s already 20 minutes late.”

Yoruichi-san was about to say something, but at that moment, the headlights of the bus rounded the corner.

“Well, I have to be going,” Sinistral said, “nice talking to you.”

The bus pulled up to the curb, right in front of Sinistral. As the doors of the bus opened, he asked the bus driver “Does this bus go to the southern end of town?”

The Grim Reaper swiveled its head around.

“Not for you!” it yelled, bringing down its scythe.

The bus pulled away, the figure of Yoruichi-san vanishing into the night.

Later that Night

Yoruichi-san couldn’t seem to fall asleep at all tonight. She was still exhausted from the fight with Itachi-san last night. Not only that, but Dusty, her Defender, had just died. She was worried that she wouldn’t be alive much longer.

“What can I do?” she wondered, “I won’t be able to strike as ninja until tomorrow night, and the GR is probably coming after me tonight!”

She paced around the kitchen, stopping occasionally, and then starting up again. After a few minutes of pacing, she opened up the fridge and had a drink of water.

*CRASH*

Someone had broken into the upstairs bedroom through a window! Yoruichi-san just had a terrible realization: She was weaponless.

“My favorite katana! It’s by my bed! How will I ever get to it now?” she thought, panicking.

Footsteps could be heard walking down the upstairs corridor. They were approaching the stairs.

Yoruichi-san looked around for a makeshift weapon, the only thing she had on her was a shuriken, and that wouldn’t be enough to stop the Grim Reaper.

The footsteps were coming down the stairs now, coming closer and closer.

Hurriedly, Yoruichi-san ducked behind the large couch in the living room, just as the person came down the stairs into the room.

“Hello again Yoruichi,” the figure said.

“Without your precious Defender around, I can finally finish you off.”

“I know you’re in here,” the person called out.

The person had started to walk around the room. Yoruichi-san peered around the side of the couch.

That was no Grim Reaper! It was a QA!

“Quite a nice blade you got here,” the QA said, speaking in no particular direction, “I found it by your bed.”

“My katana!” whispered Yoruichi-san.

“Aha!” the QA yelled, “There you are!”

He/she pointed the blade right at Yoruichi-san’s face, prepared to finish the job.

“I am really not in the mood,” Yoruichi-san said, jumping up. She hurled the shuriken at the QA, and then knocked the katana out of his/her hands.

The QA dodged out of the way, but wasn’t fast enough. The shuriken sliced at one of his/her arms, creating a deep wound. He/she roared in pain and charged directly for Yoruichi-san. He/she hit her head-on, toppling her over.

The impact knocked Yoruichi-san out cold. When she woke up, the QA was towering over her.

“Any final words?” the QA asked triumphantly.

“You can’t win,” the Ninja replied, “The innocents will stop you.”

“My death is merely a sacrifice that must be made for the success of the inn–” Yoruichi-san was cut off as her favorite katana was rammed into her heart by the QA.

The QA stood up, excited for finally making a kill.

Then it came.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

There was someone at the door.

The QA shuffled over to the door and looked through the peephole, but couldn’t see anyone.

“Who is it?” the QA called out.

“Uhh...it’s Cherry Lane, I came to check in on Yoruichi-san and see how she was doing,” the person replied.

The QA opened the door a crack, and poked his/her head out.

“Umm...She’s not here right now,” he/she said.

“Well, I have something important to give her, can I come in?” Cherry Lane asked, holding up a box she had been carrying.

“This really isn’t a good time right now,” the QA responded.

Suddenly, a frigid winter wind blew in, and Cherry Lane looked up into the night sky.

That was when she noticed the broken window.

“I’m coming in there whether you like it or not.” Cherry Lane shoved open the door, pushing the QA away from it.

She walked into the house, immediately noticing the blood spattered on the QA’s clothes.

“What happened here?” Cherry Lane asked, turning around. Then she saw Yoruichi-san.

The box dropped to the floor, landing on the QA’s foot, who bounced away on his/her other.

Cherry Lane approached Yoruichi-san, muttering, “No, no, this can’t be. How could you do this?”

“I WAS SUPPOSED TO KILL HER!” Cherry Lane yelled, whirling around towards the QA.

“Do you know how happy I was when the Defender died yesterday? Do you? Huh?”

Advancing on the QA, Cherry Lane continued, “I did not have the luck of the previous Grim Reaper. He didn’t even have to worry about the Defender getting in his way.”

“But I thought I had it. I could have won this game, easy. Then a pesky little QA like you had to come along and screw everything up!”

The QA was now cowering in the corner, with Cherry Lane still coming closer.

“Well I’ve had it! I’m tired of this cold little town! With the Ninja dead, there’s no reason for me to stay here any longer! I’m off for bigger and better things in the city of Denbrain! I here there’s another Ninja there. Hopefully I can defeat that one,” Cherry Lane said, kicking the QA hard in the ribs.

The Grim Reaper flew out of Yoruichi-san’s house with a loud swoosh, the QA thankful that it had not killed him/her. The QA looked over at Yoruichi-san, then left the house and headed for home.

And it’s day 4! Voting time! B))

Host: Frost
1) Unreality - DEAD - [Spy]
2) Brandonb -
3) Frozen -
4) Slick -
5) TwoaDay -
6) Yoruichi-san - DEAD - [Ninja]
7) Mekal -
8) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Ninja
9) CrazyPainter -
10) Cherry Lane - GONE - [Grim Reaper]
11) LIS -- DEAD - [Mafia]
12) Nayana - DEAD - [Doctor]
13) Dawh -
14) pw0nzd -
15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
16) Dusty - DEAD - [Defender]
17) Puzzlegirl - DEAD - [Quarky]
18) Tolecnal -
19) Rene83 - DEAD - [Mafia]
20) Sinistral - DEAD [?] Killed by Grim Reaper

#1476 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:42 AM

So I've been doing a little bit of Y-s' research and I think I know what course of action is best for the innocents. 'Course I can't just come out and say it because the innocents are not the only ones listening. Right now, we need the identity of the GR, since no one is informed of that role. Y-s' methods seem to have put her (and me B)) ) on the right track and the QA's ID will be revealed to the Inspector tomorrow or in two days at worst. Certain people have been acting very strangely, but have been dropping under the radar since others have been acting more overtly baddie. Looking back at the posts now, I think that it is clear what needs to be done and I will take the appropriate action.

If you think I'm being a little too vague, just know that I'm capitalizing on the situation for the innocents.

Edit: Clarity

Hehe...well, I'm glad you've put my research methods to good use, but I hope I don't come to regret it in future Mafia games...XP

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 2 is awaiting it's epic conclusion...are you up to the task?

#1477 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:47 AM

Hehe...well, I'm glad you've put my research methods to good use, but I hope I don't come to regret it in future Mafia games...XP

It's also completely useless now and I'm glad I didn't actually get a chance to go through with my plan. Where was the Healer? Dropped the ball on this one. :( Not sure who to go for now, but as there is only one QA left, perhaps a tell-all session is in order.

My identity is here (if you can see it :P )

So I've been doing a little bit of Y-s' research and I think I know what course of action is best for the innocents. 'Course I can't just come out and say it because the innocents are not the only ones listening. Right now, we need the identity of the GR, since no one is informed of that role. Y-s' methods seem to have put her (and me cool.gif ) on the right track and the QA's ID will be revealed to the Inspector tomorrow or in two days at worst. Certain people have been acting very strangely, but have been dropping under the radar since others have been acting more overtly baddie. Looking back at the posts now, I think that it is clear what needs to be done and I will take the appropriate action.

Need to sleep on the rest of it.

#1478 crazypainter

crazypainter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2497 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:51 AM

Oh Crud Y san!
So sorry my dear. You played a great game.

#1479 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3220 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:53 AM

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......lol, and I was just compiling these:

OK, I know it is WAY too late to be brining up new things, but I need to pose a question - give you all something to mull over - maybe it will be applicable in tomorrow's lynch. We've been discussing what the security at Bbs house might mean - to some it means he's an innocent, to others it says baddie. But what about Y-san? At her house the QA was scared away by loud noises. We can learn a few things from this. First, what about the QA makes him/her such a scaredy-cat? And, possibly more importantly, what was Y-san doing to cause the loud noises? I haven't been able to put a role with this one yet. Any ideas, folks?

edit: typo

How would that fit with the noises? Practicing ninja stuff? I fell like there's gotta be something better.

(assuming we're moving forward with the game in some fasion:)

Well, PG was on and didn't respond to this, so I guess I'll have to vote for her. ;)

But her defense is sound (not necessarily the ML thing, but the other part). While lynching a baddie is a good thing, it is important to remember there is a time and place for everyone. I don't know what kind of baddie PG is, but I suspect she's mafia (I thought that before her comment, but I don't remember why; maybe it was in a post somewhere). And what we need to focus on is eliminating the QAs. Why? because they are a more imminent threat to Innocent victory. Mafia need to kill of everyone else, QAs just need to get rid of one target. So they are always closer to victory. That's who we need to go after.

Unfortunately, I don't have much idea who the QAs are. Well, I have a little idea, but I'm not confident enough at this time to come out with it. If anyone else can propose/justify a name, I'd love to hear it.

edit: I really need to learn to type more accurately!

Sorry, crazyP, but your vote did not influence mine. I had my own reasons for thinking Mekal is QA. Of course if he's going to be dead due to inactivity then there's no reason to lynch him, though. LIS is not QA. He may be mafia or GR or innocent, I haven't determined yet.

Well then you should reconsider your vote. While Y-san is pretty sure he is a QA, I'm pretty sure he isn't. Look at who the other 2 QAs are (were) and you'll know why.

Whimper...*sniff*...I have to say: if only I had an Aurora...;P
Oh well, at least the GR didn't win...good luck to you all! I suppose my sacrifice was worth it...

Edit: Sorry, end of my ghost post, I promise ;P, I considered that the QA would come for me, since 4th time's the charm and all :P, but actually, it's not that bad that I died (don't feel too bad about it, Healer :))...it was a good way of removing the GR from the game and since there's only one QA left you don't really need a Ninja...just keep in mind that the last QA could be the MoD...;)

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 12 August 2008 - 05:57 AM.

#1480 Mekal

Mekal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:59 AM

okay, now that sinstral is dead, the is only one newcomer now. and that is tolecnal, so if we think its a newcomer who is the last QA, my bet is on him. so im voting for tolecnal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users