BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mythological Mafia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

puzzlegirl, do you think I'm lying that I'm the Spy?

I don't know. It would be easy to lie right now because most folks aren't comfortable with coming out with their roles this early. I am not going to change my vote though...unless I am thoroughly convinced that someone else is a baddie and needs lynching. I have read all of your posts and understand your logic. I centainly don't want to off you if you are indeed the Spy, as you would be very useful, but I'm not wholly convinced yet.

Again, it's nothing personal. This is the first time I've participated in a lynching where I wasn't the one being targeted (kind of refreshing.) I just want to play it smart.

because I had already exposed said possibilities, and CHANGED MY PLAN IDEA. You quoted that post and still went along as if I hadn't changed it

I didn't realize you had. There's usually about 20 posts posted between when I start a response and when it actually gets posted. It takes me a while to type out my thoughts and then go correct all my typos. I was responding to what I thought was current info at the time. That's all.

I was never really suspicious of Unreality, because in the opening statement/intro he was having coffee with the Host God, while all the QAs and Mafiosos were on the ship. I figured this by tracking Zero's movement. Yes, he could have been the GR, but that's low odds. When he was really adamant about protecting TwoaDay, I figured he was the spy (as he admitted) and TwoaDay was innocent and worthy of his protection.

I doubt Brandonb, Yoruichi, or Dawh are QA's, because if one targeted the other, they would probably recognize each other as QA's, and will have met up. That's not to say they aren't bad though. They could be Mafia or the GR.

Although it is suspicious that Cherry Lane, Rene, Brandonb, and Pw0nzd still have their vote for TwoaDay, that could be in suspicion of Unreality's reliability in telling the truth. Still, my faith in Unreality's truth-telling and lack of suspicion for him in the beginning makes these four more suspicious for me.

I doubt BrandonB is a QA. In the intro there was a clue that led me to believe this.

I will try to find it. BBL

CL: oh okay. nvm then :P You're off the list for now

Basically... this is it:

if you think I am lying or you want to frame me (baddies), vote for me. But I assure you, I am the Spy and Twoaday is the Bomb. Almost all 20 players have been on and viewing, and nobody has contradicted this... the Mafia know that Twoaday is the Bomb of course, so I'm expecting one of them to come out and say I must be Mafia and must be lying

so far, Puzzlegirl must think I'm lying

Curious, I thought we werent supposed to reveal our roles.

You can do whatever you want, you just have to be aware of the consequences. Sometimes people come out with their role(or lie about it) if it seems to them like it would help.

I have to admit that this whole series of events has me confused. I'm adding 2+2 and getting 5... :wacko:

1. Brandonb votes for Sinstral "because the name sounds sinister."

2. Twoaday walks into Brandonb's trap.

3. If Twoaday is an innocent, it seems likely that baddies are voting for him...

*stuff happens *

4. Unreality reveals himself to be Spy, Twoaday to be Bomb.

5. If Twoaday is the Bomb, the mafia will run away from voting for Twoaday as fast as possible.

6. Conclusion from 5: People voting for Twoaday are likely not Mafia.

Contradiction between 3 and 6. :huh:

I have to admit that it's awfully convenient for the bomb to fall for Brandonb's trap, thus leaving the innocents with a compelling reason to vote for him while the mafia can stand by and do nothing.

I know there are problems with this post, but that's largely because I'm even more confused than I was earlier. It just seems odd that of all the possible people to run into Brandonb's trap, it happens to be the bomb...A bomb lynching on the first day is, as we saw in Mafia IV, the mafia's dream scenario.

I was thinking that Unreality and Twoaday probably could be telling the truth, but this complicates matters in my mind...must continue to think out loud since all of my previous posts here have been :P

Having read the many posts that appeared since I started writing this, I am not trying to implicate Unreality and Twoaday in anything, but I have to admit that the sequence of events is odd...In any case, here goes something!

I feel like a truth verification program given the input: "This sentence is false." :wacko:

WHOA!!!!

Unreal and Crazy P (your new nicknames :) LOL) you guys need to chill, which should be easy since we are in the snow now.

I don't think you're being rude Crazy P, it may just be the way some look at what you say...sometimes that happens. And my whole clue statement was that if you really want the other innocents to follow your lead in the lynching, its just good to have a little something to sway us with. That's all. Nothing personal, not trying to attack you or anything, although I bet you could whip my butt..LOL. This game is about getting reactions out of people so they make mistakes. Don't worry, be happy!!

That's interesting, considering what happened to her in Mafia (IV?), where she was the bomb, and ended up getting lynched anyway... Quite suspicious of her

Dude, I said "I don't know?!" There are several hours yet before the vote. I am waiting to hear from 2aDay to confirm that he is the bomb, and from Brandonb about anything. I may change my vote before the day is up...just chill.

bringing over the roster:

1) Unreality

2) Brandonb - voting for TwoaDay

3) Frozen

4) Slick-voting for Taliesin

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

8) Itachi - voting for Brandonb

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane

11) Dnae - voting for Brandonb

12) Nayana - voting for Taliesin

13) Dawh

14) pw0nzd - voting for TwoaDay

15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia

16) Dusty

17) Puzzlegirl - voting for Unreality

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83 - voting for TwoaDay

20) Sinistral

I took my vote off. As I said before, it was just a lesson for TwoaDay, not a real vote anyway. I had hoped to have another name to replace it with by now, but everything's muddy

Earlier that night, the QAs had been plotting. Unfortunately they plotted wrong. One attempted an attack on Brandonb, which failed due to a triggered alarm. Across town, another QA went after Yoruichi, but was scared off from some loud noises coming from inside. Meanwhile, another went for dawh, only to realize that he/she had forgotten to bring a weapon for kill. They all went home, hoping that tomorrow night they would meet up with each other.

This is why I dont think that BrandonB, Yoruichi, or Dawh are QA's

Edited by crazypainter

That's interesting, considering what happened to her in Mafia (IV?), where she was the bomb, and ended up getting lynched anyway... Quite suspicious of her

That is EXACTLY why I am suspicious of Unreality. He knows that the bomb was accidentally lynched last game and he's hedging that we won't make that same mistake again...so he is pretending to "know" who the bomb is by claiming he's the spy. Personally, I am leaning toward thinking he's telling the truth, but I want to hear it straight from the horses mouth. What do you have to say for yourself 2aDay???

CP: they could be QAs still. they don't know who each other are

PG: Then remove the vote for me! You say "I dunno" but then continue to vote for me

edit: woops, didn't see your post. So now you do think I'm lying :rolleyes:

and yeah Twoaday... tell them the truth ;D He is the Bomb. I am the Spy.

btw brb in 30 mins

Edited by unreality

1) Unreality

3) Frozen

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

9) CrazyPainter- voting for Brandonb

10) Cherry Lane

13) Dawh

16) Dusty

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83 - voting for TwoaDay

20) Sinistral

TwoaDay, if you're the bomb, you'd best come out with it.

If anyone else is the bomb, YOU'd best come out with it. To all new players, the bomb is one of the safest roles to reveal. The only roles that really want you dead are mafia, and they already know who you are.

Earlier that night, the QAs had been plotting. Unfortunately they plotted wrong. One attempted an attack on Brandonb, which failed due to a triggered alarm. Across town, another QA went after Yoruichi, but was scared off from some loud noises coming from inside. Meanwhile, another went for dawh, only to realize that he/she had forgotten to bring a weapon for kill. They all went home, hoping that tomorrow night they would meet up with each other.

This is why I dont think that BrandonB, Yoruichi, or Dawh are QA's

To me that just means that "One of the QA's is not BrandonB, One of the QA's is not Yoruichi, and One of the QA's is not Dawh." It makes it less likely that they are QA's but it doesn't rule it out entirely. Since the QA's don't know each other's identities it is possible that they may have targeted one of their own by accident.

Again... not likely, but still a possibility.

I am increasingly suspicious of unreality as he is stuck on defending TwoaDay... makes me wonder if they are mafia counter parts and he is just defending him... purely because both of them have been voted for... but the 3rd mafioso/mafiosa has not been voted in and needs no defending.... wow I am getting seriously paranoid lol

1) Unreality

3) Frozen

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

9) CrazyPainter

10) Cherry Lane - voting for TwoaDay

13) Dawh

16) Dusty

18) Tolecnal

19) Rene83 - voting for Unreality

20) Sinistral

I am changing my vote to unreality due to my preiously mentioned suspicions...

If you (and puzzlegirl) retract your vote right now, I'll pretend it didn't happen. T

Haha...sounds like a mother scolding her children...(sorry, couldn't resist ;P)

Anyways, wow, there has been a lot said, and I need more time to go over it more carefully (I'm having a very rushed day at work), so I'll check back and cast my vote sometime after 5 (when I get off).

Keep the discussion coming! ;)

Updated:

1) Unreality

3) Frozen

5) TwoaDay

6) Yoruichi-san

7) Taliesin

9) CrazyPainter- voting for Brandonb

10) Cherry Lane