Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mythological Mafia

• Please log in to reply
1558 replies to this topic

#101 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:09 AM

Mafia V Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, and then Signup ;D
Mafia V Intro

Sorry for the wait. B))

Rooftop Snow Rising

The snow had been falling for a few hours, freezing high in the sky and drifting down to the ground. It was a peaceful night, as usual, the air was still, unlike in Awesomeville the week before.

*CRUNCH*

The steps of the mafia left footprints in the snow as they walked along the silent street. “Don’t you think that we should cover our tracks?” mentioned the Theif. “It won’t matter,” the bankroller responded, “no one walks the streets at night anyway. Besides, if the snow keeps rising, we won’t have too, they will be covered for us.” The mafiosos arrived at a building and entered, climbing the creaky steps to the roof. Once they arrived at the top, they heaved the door open through the piles of snow. As the rooftop snow kept rising, the Bankroller started to get set up on the edge of the building.

The other side of town

The Healer walked up to a quiet house, hoping that they would be able to help someone tonight. As he/she approached, he/she noticed the lights were on. He/she knocked on the door, yelling out “Hello! Anyone home?” After a minute, the door opened, to a surprised Healer. “You’re the doctor?” exclaimed the Healer. “Yep, looks like we got lucky. Now we can be more organized about who we save.” “But who did you save?” questioned the Healer. “Nobody, I decided to stay home tonight,” replied the Doctor.

The Rooftop

“You sure about this?” asked a mafioso. “Yes,” replied the Bankroller, “I think it was a good decision.” Across the street, a disgruntled GC opened up his apartment door. “I’m tired of all of this snow,” he thought to himself. “If only I lived in Awesomeville.” As he opened the fridge, looking for a snack, he noticed it. The red dot on his chest. “Oh S#IT!” he was about to say, but he was on the floor with a hole in his heart before he could utter the words. As the blood pooled around GC, the mafiosos disassembled from the rooftop, happy with their successful kill.

BTW, did anyone catch the reference in the intro?

Host: Frost
1) Unreality
2) Brandonb
3) Frozen
4) Slick
5) TwoaDay
6) Yoruichi-san
7) Taliesin
8) Itachi
9) CrazyPainter
10) Cherry Lane
11) Dnae
12) Nayana
13) Dawh
14) pw0nzd
15) GC - DEAD[?](killed by Mafia)
16) Dusty
17) Puzzlegirl
18) Tolecnal
19) Rene83
20) Sinistral

Day 1 has started! Get discussing! :D

#102 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:14 AM

way to eff up the color codes ;D

Host: Frost
1) Unreality
2) Brandonb
3) Frozen
4) Slick
5) TwoaDay
6) Yoruichi-san
7) Taliesin
8) Itachi
9) CrazyPainter
10) Cherry Lane
11) Dnae
12) Nayana
13) Dawh
14) pw0nzd
15) GC - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
16) Dusty
17) Puzzlegirl
18) Tolecnal
19) Rene83
20) Sinistral

#103 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:18 AM

what about the QAs? Did they all decide to not do anything? :P

#104 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:21 AM

Ooo...thief was mis-spelled...could that be a clue? :P

Haha...wow, these healers seem to have an attraction to doctors...
Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#105 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:24 AM

what about the QAs? Did they all decide to not do anything? :P

Yeah, I'm no QA, and it's actually better if you don't mention them. But for fairness in the game, each of their actions need to be mentioned if they are ever going to stand the slightest chance of meeting up.

#106 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:26 AM

yeah I'm not a QA either :P

#107 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:26 AM

Actually, I had an idea for the Shaman...

Since the rules don't specify that the doctor/healer can only save ppl from baddies, then I suggest the Shaman do this:

Use the day ability first (Aurora). Then, the day before he/she uses the night ability (Scry), declare that he/she is going to use it. Then the doctor/healer can save the Shaman from dying. The Shaman then becomes a confirmed innocent, with no abilities.

At the very least for the innocents, this means that the mafia will have to use a kill on the Shaman, thereby prolonging the life of some other innocent that does have an useful ability...

Of course, the Shaman may not live long enough to use both his/her abilities (or could have been GC...) XP
Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#108 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:28 AM

no, the Shaman can't be "saved" by a Doc/Healer as they aren't "killed'- they die from their own abilities

#109 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:28 AM

Yeah, and use the Aurora the first night that the GR comes out to play (if the QA's are linked up too).

#110 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:29 AM

way to eff up the color codes ;D

Hey, I would have checked, but my internet connection is too slow. And I'm lazy. I'll get it next time, I just hadn''t done that before. B))

Oh, sorry about the QAs, I was rushed to finish the post. Add this to the night post:

Earlier that night, the QAs had been plotting. Unfortunately they plotted wrong. One attempted an attack on Brandonb, which failed due to a triggered alarm. Across town, another QA went after Yoruichi, but was scared off from some loud noises coming from inside. Meanwhile, another went for dawh, only to realize that he/she had forgotten to bring a weapon for kill. They all went home, hoping that tomorrow night they would meet up with each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users