Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

burning paper

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 heatherlovesjade

heatherlovesjade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

wrap it tightly around your wrist- works with a hundred dollar bill- seen people say- if you can burn this while it is around your wrist you can have it- it actually transfers the temp to your arm-

#32 emeraldcity

emeraldcity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:53 AM

I saw this years ago on Mr. Wizard. Although, he used a handkerchief. My son absolutely loved this show and as soon as this one aired, we had to go outside and recreate Mr. Wizard's experiment. Thanks for bringing this memory back to mind.

#33 TOPHAT

TOPHAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

Now this one is quite cool my high school chem teacher demonstrated this by covering the money in ethanol although he mixed in some Ka first very nice. although not as cool as the methonal trick wtching an army of plastic soldiers slowly melting with no fire at all.

#34 vibrantsociety

vibrantsociety

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:37 AM

you could laminate it.

#35 dogliver

dogliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

What can you do paper so that if you drop a match on it you will see flames and not burn the paper?

Pour lighter fluid on your eyebrows, light them with a match, blow out the match and drop it on the paper.

#36 Marinja

Marinja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:58 AM

I read all of everyone's posts and think I've thought of something new that makes since to me...

Spoiler for I'm not saying this is the right or even the best answer, it's just different

...the tricky part would be dropping the match just right...

#37 soop

soop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

I don't know if anyone's answered yet...

Spoiler for But

Dammit, just read someone else posted the same thing. And got the real answer.

Edited by soop, 17 September 2008 - 11:11 AM.

#38 ogden_tbsa

ogden_tbsa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

Spoiler for

#39 Sands

Sands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

you guys are making this way too hard. the question asks what you do to the paper so that when you drop a match on it, you see flames but the paper doesnt burn? The question has nothing about the match being lit, nor anything about a real fire, so to do something to the paper would be to draw flames or print a picture of flames and drop the match on it. Now you have a match on the peice of paper, you see flames, and the paper remains unburned. Work smart, not hard people.

#40 xamdam

xamdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:17 AM

Pour lighter fluid on your eyebrows, light them with a match, blow out the match and drop it on the paper.

Well, yours made me laugh the hardest anyway. You're gonna make a fun science teacher. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users