Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Spinning Sihouette Optical Illusion

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 AugustWst

AugustWst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:18 AM

odd but now no matter how many times I reload it, I an not make her switch back to clockwise...... :unsure:

#12 Martini

Martini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

Sometimes just looking down at the dancer's shadow causes it to seem as if she's changed directions. If that doesn't work, try this:

Slowly turn your head to the left just until the point you can no longer see her in your peripheral vision. Now, imagine that she is spinning in the opposite direction. As you are imagining this, slowly return your head forward and she should now be spinning that way.

#13 RoopthePoop

RoopthePoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

I got her to change direction just by looking away for a second.
It's a great illusion, and weird once you can make her change back and forth.

#14 when clouds collide

when clouds collide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

thats amazing, i couldent see her spinning the other way at first,
then i sat n staired at her lil shadow and eeeep
she soan the other way =/

#15 sidehefae

sidehefae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

For me anyway the page doesnt seem to work.... any chance there are any other alternative links?

Thanks Martin, the "this" worked for me too. :D So why did she have to be naked? :wub: Although I thought it was cool.

#16 luke

luke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

cool one,, actually i heard the view which u first get, determines whether u r right brained or left brained.!!

#17 ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

For me when I look at her she's spinning counter-clockwise but when I don't look directly at her but can still see her in my peripherals she is spinning clockwise. Pretty cool. I doubt it would word if she was more than one color.

#18 Gambit

Gambit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

this was a nice 1. after a while switching it becomes really easy...

#19 franalan

franalan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:00 AM

I have also heard that which ever way you see her spinning the first time determines if you are right brained or left brained. Personally, I don't see how that can possibly determine something like that. If anyone has an explanation though, I'm interested.

Still an awesome illusion though!!! I wonder if it would work in real life, possibly with a dancer who is fully shadowed so you can't see the lines of her body... Definitely would be interesting to see!

#20 SillouhetteMind

SillouhetteMind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:35 AM

lol!! The name means I should be able to figure it out :lol: :lol: :D :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users