Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mafia IV

• Please log in to reply
1038 replies to this topic

#1021 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, my friend GC, like I said, I am L...but the second one...;P

You are saying Brandon's the first , right? :P

#1022 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

one thing in Mafia IV that kind of made me angry was people's insistence "Brandonb can't be trusted, let's (a) ignore his posts, (b) vote him out just to be safe, or © he always lies no matter what, (d) even if the logic makes sense, we can't trust it if it comes from Bb, etc"

I don't want to see any of that in Mafia V. Bb could've been an important Innocent, etc. Though it is really his fault if he continues to deceive people, they find out, and THEN they lynch him. But if you lynch him BEFORE that happens IN EXPECTATION of that happening, that's unjust :P

#1023 Cherry Lane

Cherry Lane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:19 PM

one thing in Mafia IV that kind of made me angry was people's insistence "Brandonb can't be trusted, let's (a) ignore his posts, (b) vote him out just to be safe, or © he always lies no matter what, (d) even if the logic makes sense, we can't trust it if it comes from Bb, etc"

I don't want to see any of that in Mafia V. Bb could've been an important Innocent, etc. Though it is really his fault if he continues to deceive people, they find out, and THEN they lynch him. But if you lynch him BEFORE that happens IN EXPECTATION of that happening, that's unjust :P

Yeah, I tried to make those points during the voting, and it just made everyone think Bb and I were both baddies (ok, we were, but not the same ones, and not for that reason)

#1024 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

hehe :P

#1025 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, like how he lied in Mafia III about being the Squeaker when he was the Vigilante. He was doing it for the innocents, he lies no matter what side he's on. So even if he's lying, don't assume that he's a baddie.

#1026 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:27 PM

Maybe as he was my mafia buddy , in a previous edition I trusted him the first day. But Yeah! that's why I didn't vote for Brandon the first day. More the lies , more the fun. :P

#1027 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

Thank for the consideration all. I would appreciate if people listened to the logic in my posts, but Unreality was right. It is my fault, my conscious decision to sometimes twist lies in with truths, that the people of Mafia IV truly turned into an "unruly mob" against my case :P . Oh well, as GC said more lies=more fun, so why stop now right? :lol:

#1028 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3368 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:35 AM

I can finally not post in gray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol, i like the ghost forum idea. I was having alot of fun being a ghost. I was laughing everytime i posted one of those "go innocent posts" I was laughing even harder when everyone saw through it :P
y-san, i would have swore that you hacked onto the the QA forum, you knew way to much.
I cant wait till mafia V!

Lol...and you had me feeling bad for a moment, you lying QA :P...but not really, I was pretty sure you were lying, hehe. No, actually, I know nothing about computer programming, it was just logic based on the evidence...;P

That one ! :lol: I was thinking of springing a trap on the mafia , but it went wrong somehow . Maybe it was the time zone factor or as we know now it could have been due to those unpredictable Mafia girls . :P

...who are you calling unpredictable...maybe we predicted what you would do and that is why we didn't fall for your trap...and why I knew you didn't really have any evidence, even though I was indeed mafia...;P

You are saying Brandon's the first , right? :P

No...have you seen Death Note? It is an awesome show, and I know you would love it ;). The first L was good, but then *spoiler alert* the guy who replaced him as L was bad...so you thought I was the first L, but I was actually the second, hehe ;P

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#1029 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:47 AM

Rules, Roles, Strategy Help, Voting Help, Players, Introduction & An Intercepted Message
--
Night One - Awesomeness in Question
Day One - Trial by Fire
Night Two - The Ancient War Continues... or does it?
Day Two - Frog Spawn
Night Three - The Guardian
Day Three - Jihad in Awesomeville

Player Reviews

1) Frost - Grim Reaper
A good job, as usual- you were going for the gung-ho approach, which worked out surprisingly well given that you picked Wreath on your first try :P And of course the luckiness of the Defender being picked off first ;D Have fun hosting Mafia V!

2) Brandonb - QA - MoS
Another web of lies, well spun! Okay, maybe not this time. Your deceitful reputation came back to bite you in the butt this game, but I'm confident that you'll be able to turn that around in Mafia V and play another kickass game

3) Kingofpain - Defender
Not much to say here, you died first ;D good luck in Mafia V, assuming you play

4) Pw0nzd - Inspector
To be honest, I thought you underplayed the power of your role- but then again, its power was sucking due to the every-other aspect. I think you were being too scared of the Mafia Wipeout, without realizing that the Mafia are even more scared of doing that than you, they have to be sure. Despite not being vocal enough, you played a good game ;D

5) Cherry Lane - Mafia - Thief
Some good uses as the Thief, and 'I told you so'- some people did think of using the Thief to steal from your fellow Mafiosos to diffuse suspicion ;D The Thief is such as WiFoM role of confusion as to the target, and I think you played that well. Good job as part of the Girls Mafia! :D

6) Dawh - Jihadist
Awesome game, well played! Need I say more? You maximized your role ;D

7) Nayana - Mafia - Assassin
Great game as the Assassin and part of the Girls Mafia, even though I personally think you did not use your Assassin role to full effectiveness. You lightly asked for protection and then didn't really bring it up again, and you never made any accusations that might've warranted protection to come your way. But still, as part of the Mafiosas, you pwned :D

8) Dnae - Spy
Good game, the limitations of Spy regardless (we've fixed it for Mafia V), and you managed to be one of the final survivors :P

9) Scott - Atheist
Not much to say here, you were one of the early dyers as well as being inactive the entire game ;D

10) GC - Doctor
Good game! You were an Innocent powerhouse, albeit ill-fated. You read too much into my posts, I think- you and Bb. Both of you found tons of clues where there were none. Stop looking so hard for clues next game ;D Hehe. Despite that, great game... I know you think you doomed the Innocents, but it was a combined doomage, don't worry about it :D

11) Puzzlegirl - Bomb
You did good considering the circumstances :P Again, I see it as my fault that you were lynched because of that red herring

12) Slick - Janitor
Nice game, though your role wasn't used once... we'll see how the Janitor works out in later games :P thanks for playing!

13) Kat/Dusty - Mafia - Godfather
Excellent... a great part of the Girls Mafia!

14) Wreath - Ninja
It's unfortunate you died before you get a single kill (this probably is what ultimately doomed the Innocents), but at least you put up an epic fight before being scythed ;D I look forward to playing with you in future games

15) Joe's Student - QA - MoE
A great addition to Mafia, and good choices as the MoE. You played an excellent game for a first-timer, and it was your decision to take down Frozen that led to the QA victory! Nice job, and I'll see you in Mafia VI :D

16) Johnson - Warlock
Great insight to pick Bb to bewitch, or should I say Bbewitch ;D You left your mark on Mafia as a consistent, semi-quiet player that can play his cards right

17) Frozen - Illusionist
Like JS, you played an awesome game for a newbie! :D Although the Sphinx is gone forever, you took the QAs with you, and the Yeti will find fierce competition to rise in the ranks of Mafia beasts ;D

18) CrazyPainter - Healer
Good job for your first game ;D I think you and GC saved each other a little too much- the Doc and Healer don't have enough saves to be defensive. But you were learning, so it's fine :P It'll be fun to play with you in Mafia V

19) Yoruichi - Mafia - Bankroller
MATHGIRL! Need I say more? lol, you were awesome. The pinnacle strategist in the Girls Mafia, and a great player. I can't wait to see you in action again in Mafia V. Go logic!

20) Mekal - QA - MoD
Great first game! I was surprised by the good luck of the QAs, and you guys played your cards well to lead to your victory

#1030 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3368 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:05 AM

Don't forget:

0)Unreality - Host God
Totally amazing epic writing! Great job keeping up with all the players and keeping us on the edge of our mental seats with all the twists and turns. And great clues...even if I didn't get them ;P. But I still blame you for forgetting to write in the Sphinx rule :mad: ...just kidding ;). Thanks so much for giving us the awesome experience. You leave Frost some big shoes to fill...but I'm sure he will manage...he can always just pour water into them and freeze them with his Frost God powers...;P

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users