BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

akaslickster

Question

My male calico cat showed just as much love and friendship as my dog who had cancer and passed. I suppose it depends on the place / environment where it is to be housed. Some argue that cats are a better pet and vice -versa. This is a place to put your experiences and feelings toward this subject.

who is first??? I love all animals, and some insects. :)

• Answers 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

isn't a wenis that little wrinkly flap of skin on your elbow?
So it is! Well, I've learned something new today

My dad doesn't believe in pets either, but I convinced him to get us a dog. My mom took care of sheep and chickens! The little lambs are really cute for a while, but when they get older and fatter, and stupider. The chickens got the same way. So far though, my doggie (who is mega hyper) has been the best pet experience.
Yep it's a shame how livestock start off so sweet then get fat and stupid. Pigs and cows much the same really :( . They were probably stupid to begin with but you can get away with that a lot when you're cute.

The thing I don't like about pets is that people project their own needs and personalities onto them and don't allow them to be what they naturally are. But dogs are probably the original pet (unless you count intestinal worms and other parasites) and are so much bred for it you could say that being a pet is their true nature. If I had a pet it would probably be a dog, since you can't have a lion these days. Or a sea monkey.

Yep it's a shame how livestock start off so sweet then get fat and stupid. Pigs and cows much the same really :( . They were probably stupid to begin with but you can get away with that a lot when you're cute.

The thing I don't like about pets is that people project their own needs and personalities onto them and don't allow them to be what they naturally are. But dogs are probably the original pet (unless you count intestinal worms and other parasites) and are so much bred for it you could say that being a pet is their true nature. If I had a pet it would probably be a dog, since you can't have a lion these days. Or a sea monkey.

I agree 100%. Focing your pet to be something it is not is animal cruelty. Those who dress their little "pampered" pups in doggie clothes and make them sleep on a fuzzy pink pillow, are hurting their pets. I personally believe that you are stupifying them, and this goies for all animals. I beleave that all animals are better off in the wild, but as for pets, dogs pwn all!

I agree 100%. Focing your pet to be something it is not is animal cruelty. Those who dress their little "pampered" pups in doggie clothes and make them sleep on a fuzzy pink pillow, are hurting their pets. I personally believe that you are stupifying them, and this goies for all animals. I beleave that all animals are better off in the wild, but as for pets, dogs pwn all!

I don't believe in keeping pets at all, but if you're going to keep one it may as well be a lion, next best thing to a dragon.

And rottweilers definitely shouldn't be kept as pets. If you've got a tiny wenis you can always get a fast car, no need to compensate in a way that annoys everybody and endangers children (whoops, fast cars do that too, OK just get a wenis enlarger then)

EDIT: Whoa, strange editing quirk - what's a "wenis"?

...I got a pitt and I don't have a 'wenis' problem... :P ...

...what about those of us who make their dog wear a cost cuz they have sort fur and shiver whenever they go outside?...plus she brings her shirt 2 me 2 put on her...

...what about those of us who make their dog wear a cost cuz they have sort fur and shiver whenever they go outside?...plus she brings her shirt 2 me 2 put on her...

Well if the dog actually wants the coat on, then that's probably a different thing from animal cruelty. My cat, for some reason enjoys having duct-tape used in replacement for a brush. Don't ask why, I have no idea :wacko:

Well if the dog actually wants the coat on, then that's probably a different thing from animal cruelty. My cat, for some reason enjoys having duct-tape used in replacement for a brush. Don't ask why, I have no idea :wacko:

...mittens LOVES 2 B lint rolled...go fig...

Actually I wasn't really talking about the overt stuff like dressing animals up. I don't think you can keep an intelligent creature like a dog or cat as a pet without affecting their nature. The very fact that you are feeding them instead of leaving them to hunt for food, and keeping them in the company of humans and not their own species, strikes me as being a bit wrong, particularly with dogs now I think about it. Working dogs like farm dogs or huskies are an exception. It seems that they get a lot of satisfaction from working hard for a living. But pet dogs are denied that satisfaction and given something for nothing. I suspect that, for a dog, there would be a fundamental sense of insecurity in that situation (the same would go for humans). And, being in an insecure situation, they absorb their owners' personalities and preoccupations, lacking a strong sense of self.

Actually I wasn't really talking about the overt stuff like dressing animals up. I don't think you can keep an intelligent creature like a dog or cat as a pet without affecting their nature. The very fact that you are feeding them instead of leaving them to hunt for food, and keeping them in the company of humans and not their own species, strikes me as being a bit wrong, particularly with dogs now I think about it. Working dogs like farm dogs or huskies are an exception. It seems that they get a lot of satisfaction from working hard for a living. But pet dogs are denied that satisfaction and given something for nothing. I suspect that, for a dog, there would be a fundamental sense of insecurity in that situation (the same would go for humans). And, being in an insecure situation, they absorb their owners' personalities and preoccupations, lacking a strong sense of self.

...Nikki still hunts...we don't have any [live] small animals in our backyard thanks 2 her...

Well, as a matter of fact the only reason WHY we have a dog is to herd sheep, and protect the chickens. My dog doesn't hunt though.

Cats - I love cats sooo much, they are way better than dogs. I really do NOT like dogs, puppies are fine - only cute ones But I still do not like dogs very much. Cats are way better!!!

Cats - I love cats sooo much, they are way better than dogs. I really do NOT like dogs, puppies are fine - only cute ones But I still do not like dogs very much. Cats are way better!!!
Would you mind telling us why your opinion is such? People have already went on about the good and bad points of each type of animal. Can you add something that has not been posted, to back up your opinion? :D