Well y not then have say:

Inspector:

Day 1 - Nothing

Day 2 - Mafia

Day 3 - QA

Day 4 - Mafia

Day 5 - Nothing

Day 6 - QA

Day 7- Mafia... and so on, or a variation of this..

or something along those lines. Like inbetween the current system of every odd day and every day i.e most days but not all... ??

Why in the heck would you want nothing days? So everyone can sit around and waste time? That would be the opposites of the Awesomeville that I know of. Every day should be awesome!

Edited by akaslickster

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a good idea, as currently the chance of you been dead before you can use the ability twice is quite high. Is been 2 days and nearly half the players are dead at the moment! the inspector has only been able to investigate once!

Well I notice that alot of people can't get to the game as often as myself. I missed 20 pages or so as I went to sleep. The ones who were less active were just reading the stuff from the arguers if you will. I just want everyday to have something going on like lynching or voting or killing etc. to keep the game action packed. If you agree there is boredom now. Then why suggest more?

it's nothing to do with boredom (the game is intense, lol :P)

it has to do with game balance, and time- as taliesin said, the flow of information is waaaaay too slow to the Inspector. But the original goal was to not have a Mafia identity every day, that's why it was every odd day- but with QAs, they can take the even slots. This is what it's gonna be for Mafia V:

day 1 - mafia

day 2 - QA

day 3 - mafia

day 4 - QA

day 5 - mafia

day 6 - QA

day 7 - mafia

hehe I know I'm not gonna be the host for Mafia V but this is the way it's gonna be anyway :P lol

Does that mean you wont be able to die :D

I'm not going to playing, instead, unreality will. Hopefully I'll do as good a job as he did. I'm working on the intro post right now. Hehe, this should be good. B))

Edit: 800! :D

Edited by Frost

I'm not going to playing, instead, unreality will. Hopefully I'll do as good a job as he did. I'm working on the intro post right now. Hehe, this should be good. B))

Edit: 800! :D

Will it still be set in Awsomville? So everyone will get a chance to get "revenge" on unreality?

Will it still be set in Awsomville? So everyone will get a chance to get "revenge" on unreality?

I hope it's okay with everyone, but I'm thinking of moving the game to a different, more awesome city(but if it's not I'm fine with staying, just figured a change of scenery would be good). I guess you will, but remember, he could be anyone, so don't kill him off just because he used to be the host. B))

So awesome new host :D (im buttering you up in the hope of a good role :P)

when will the next game be starting? And yea moving city is a cool idea. Dont get me wrong Unreality the one period i spent in Awesomeville was well, Awesome! But if your hosting then Frost it's your terms so its cool having a new city.

Oh the city will be cool indeed(hint hint). Unfortunately we will have to take a break(I think we need one anyway) as I'm going on vacation soon. I figure the sign-up can start within a week or so, though unreality will probably set that up while I'm gone.

yeah I have some ideas for rule changes and refurbishing the rules & roles, so I could do that part (with his help of course) and maybe the signup, and then he could be host.... and then I gotta teach Frost all the tips and ins and outs I've discovered after hosting four games so that he doesn't have to learn em on his own and get caught in sucky dilemmas that occasionally peppered previous Mafia games :P

Oh the city will be cool indeed(hint hint). Unfortunately we will have to take a break(I think we need one anyway) as I'm going on vacation soon. I figure the sign-up can start within a week or so, though unreality will probably set that up while I'm gone.

I go away on the 31st and am not back until the 22nd of august. If the break lasts that long GREAT count me in, but if not ah well, count me in for version 6.0 lol. Will i miss Mafia V do you think?

O n coooolllll! (on the hint hint!). Excellent idea! :D (genuine approval and not just buttering lol). A whole different set of ways for Awesomevillains or Awesomevillians to die! haha

Edit: not meant to sound as evil as i seem :rolleyes:

Edited by Joe's Student

I'm just curious to see how many players will sign up for Mafia V, seeing as how there a lot of new people joining Brainden everyday now and they all seem to "visit" us while we're playing. Maybe a big turnout...that would be really interesting. Might want to think about your limits on players and roles and such, ya know, have a few back up roles just in case.

I'm sick of being a ghost. I just came back to life again. How many Mafias will be completed by the new year?

I keep wondering if I will be around for the next one. I will say probably. I would rather you Frost, handle it than one who can't spell or write very well.

Also this time no alternatives were needed because after all the deaths, there was less needed I see.

I'm going to puzzlegirls for dinner. ;)

I have some ideas and a beginning post.

The ruins of the once-great capital of Quarky lies smoldering in an abandoned section of the desert, some 100 miles away from the city of Oasis, where a group of innocents had once fought against a trio of Quarky Agents and four Mafia members. If you go to the west, you'll see a ring of snow-capped mountains circling a field of frost. And in the center of that field is the towering city of Awesomopolis.

Awesomopolis? one may ask. What happened to the great Awesomeville, hosted by the god Unreality?

Let me tell you, Awesomeville was, well, awesome. But some people need a change of scenery. Especially Frost, the current host god. Trust me, if Frost wants a change in scenery, you better listen to him before he freezes you into a popsicle. Besides, who wouldn't want to move into a range of stunning mountains, where the Northern Lights appear almost every night?

I'm getting bored. BACK TO AWESOMOPOLIS!

This bustling, high-tech city is home to one of the greatest villains of all time, the evil, the deceptive, the vindictive, <insert evil name here>! B)) Not only is he the leader of a minor organization called the Quarky Agents, but he is also the head of the Aliases, a team of supernatural, cunning killers. Right now, he is planning a wipeout of the entire city. Why? Becuase what kind of person doesn't like power and control over an entire city?! He is sending a squad of four people to eliminate a force that may interfere with the plan: the Sphinx.

The Resistance is similar to the Innocents. It is made up of 12 irregular individuals, (including the Sphinx!) each with a special talent. Living in the "poor" section of town, they have been forced to withstand terrible living conditions and think that it is time to make a stand. By killing off the Aliases or the Special Mafia, they ensure that no baddies will invade their city. (Their primary objective is to defeat the baddies, as in the previous games.) Doing so will result in them being seen as the city's heroes, effectively earning enough money to have a better life.

The Special Mafia is an advanced form of the Mafia. Coming from Awesomeville, they have had to face many humiliating defeats in the hands of the Innocents. Seething with revenge, a select group has been gathered by their leaders and sent into the city as undecover spies. They realize that they have the chance to steal the city if the Resistance is simply destroyed, seeing as the Aliases are too busy looking for the Sphinx to notice another group of opposing supervillains.

Unknown to any of the three groups, the Grim Reaper has drifted away from Awesomeville to terrorize more innocent people after his/her many defeats. Stumbling upon the city of Awesomopolis, he/she realizes that blending in with the Innocents is one of his/her ancient enemies. Not the Vigilante or the Ninja, but something even more powerful: the Wizard. The Grim Reaper, ready with his/her trusty scythe and black, flowing robes, is determined to strike the Wizard and his Defender down.

Who will win in this legendary battle of good and evil? With new roles, evil plots, and a twisting storyline, Mafia V is sure to grasp the attention of the entire forum.

I can almost smell the suspense.

Mafia V The game of the century.

:D Well, what do you think? hehehe I have some good ideas on the roles, too.

Edited by frozen_in_fire

Sorry Frozen, but me and unreality have already written an epilogue to Mafia IV and an intro to Mafia V. Good work though, maybe we could use that for Mafia VI. What ideas did you have for the roles? We've already changed a few things, including some of the names.

well, I pretty much added cooler names to the previous roles, because we're in the high-tech world now. We'd keep the Doctor, the Healer, the Sphinx, and the Illusionist. The Inspector would become the Agent; the Spy would be the Mole; the Bomb would be replaced with the Explodus, who would be able to choose who was swept away with him/her; the Defender would become the Guard; the Ninja would become the Wizard; the Janitor would become... the janitor; the Warlock would become the <insert cool name that has to do with slipping poison into the Mafia's beverages and food>; the Jihadist would become the... well, you get the point. Or we could keep some of the old ones and invent some totally new ones...

Can I be the person who writes Mafia IV? :rolleyes: I want to give it a shot. I think I'm suited for it.

well, I pretty much added cooler names to the previous roles, because we're in the high-tech world now. We'd keep the Doctor, the Healer, the Sphinx, and the Illusionist. The Inspector would become the Agent; the Spy would be the Mole; the Bomb would be replaced with the Explodus, who would be able to choose who was swept away with him/her; the Defender would become the Guard; the Ninja would become the Wizard; the Janitor would become... the janitor; the Warlock would become the <insert cool name that has to do with slipping poison into the Mafia's beverages and food>; the Jihadist would become the... well, you get the point. Or we could keep some of the old ones and invent some totally new ones...

Can I be the person who writes Mafia IV? :rolleyes: I want to give it a shot. I think I'm suited for it.

That certainly was a pretty good first attempt at that sort of thing on the previous page...better than anything I could have done :wacko::(:o

But I think you probably meant to switch the I and the V in the quote above, right? Unless you've written an intro for a mafia game and created a time machine... :lol:;):P:D

Yeah, you did mean for Mafia VI, right Frozen? We just played Mafia IV, and I'll be doing V. Talk with unreality about that, but for Mafia V I'm taking it somewhere else, not to a high tech society(which probably wouldn't have lynch votes daily anyway). There are already some names that we will be changing to match the location(no more sphinx, the name i mean). I don't want to give much away yet, though I already have the intro to Mafia V done(It's over a page long). B))

Edited by Frost

Yeah, you did mean for Mafia VI, right Frozen? We just played Mafia IV, and I'll be doing V. Talk with unreality about that, but for Mafia V I'm taking it somewhere else, not to a high tech society(which probably wouldn't have lynch votes daily anyway). There are already some names that we will be changing to match the location(no more sphinx, the name i mean). I don't want to give much away yet, though I already have the intro to Mafia V done(It's over a page long). B))

wow! cool...that's exciting! :D