Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia IV Sign-Up

• Please log in to reply
219 replies to this topic

#191 frozen_in_fire

frozen_in_fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:22 PM

maybe the concigliere would tell the head of the mafia the roles of random people? Because that would be the job of the Don's advisor, right?

#192 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

Frost: yeah the ability would have to be transferred into Mafia-terms somehow ;D

Frozen: a good idea in theory, except (a) the Godfather is already a discovery role, and (b) the flow of information in a Mafia game is everything. Information is power. So I'm still not sure on how this could work, I was just throwing around names/ideas ;D we already have four good Mafia roles, and Mafia V might even end up having only 3 Mafiosos if we use the Cultist idea, which he probably won't. Maybe. I don't know at this point :D

#193 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

I think there could be helicopters that come out of the snowy mountains and start blowing people away with machine guns sporadically. Part of the baddie team of course. That could be a role all its own.
One other idea is to let people choose a number ,say from 1-20 , and each number represents a role. That way no one can pee about who they play. :rolleyes: What do you think dead people who are misbehaving on Mafia IV? :lol:

This would be sudden, while it was a serene day in where ever.

Frost: yeah the ability would have to be transferred into Mafia-terms somehow ;D

Frozen: a good idea in theory, except (a) the Godfather is already a discovery role, and (b) the flow of information in a Mafia game is everything. Information is power. So I'm still not sure on how this could work, I was just throwing around names/ideas ;D we already have four good Mafia roles, and Mafia V might even end up having only 3 Mafiosos if we use the Cultist idea, which he probably won't. Maybe. I don't know at this point :D

I have a great imagination but I never watched that many movies. Somethings don't go as planned, understandably. So there can be some innocents involved, in a way ,that helps their odds of being defeated ....The games must go on. Sign up for the next rock, paper, scissors, at your nearby Others.
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#194 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:05 PM

I'm thinking of setting Mafia VI possibly in the 'underground' of the capital city Denbrain, with lots of criminal societies:

3 Mafia (Don, Thief, Bankroller). Don is the Godfather, basically
2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei). Oyabun is the boss of the Yakuza ring, Shatei is just a goon. Still thinking on the Oyabun's ability. Know who each other are. Kill on even nights. If the Oyabun dies before the Shatei, his ability is passed on to the Shatei
2 Quarky Agents (two of the roles, haven't decided which)
1 Grim Reaper - MAYBE
12ish Innocents

#195 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

I'm thinking of setting Mafia VI possibly in the 'underground' of the capital city Denbrain, with lots of criminal societies:

3 Mafia (Don, Thief, Bankroller). Don is the Godfather, basically
2 Yakuza (Oyabun, Shatei). Oyabun is the boss of the Yakuza ring, Shatei is just a goon. Still thinking on the Oyabun's ability. Know who each other are. Kill on even nights. If the Oyabun dies before the Shatei, his ability is passed on to the Shatei
2 Quarky Agents (two of the roles, haven't decided which)
1 Grim Reaper - MAYBE
12ish Innocents

Sounds like a lot of deaths each day.

#196 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

nope, actually ;D

less QAs = harder QA kill & findeachother
two Yakuza = only kill on even nights, like grim reaper (which I might take out of the game, depending on who wins Mafia V) but are small in numbers and get less kills and the Doctor and Healer can both save TWO people on even nights

#197 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:10 PM

nope, actually ;D

less QAs = harder QA kill & findeachother
two Yakuza = only kill on even nights, like grim reaper (which I might take out of the game, depending on who wins Mafia V) but are small in numbers and get less kills and the Doctor and Healer can both save TWO people on even nights

Oh really? That sounds interesting. They might actually save someone this time around. :D

Edited by Frost, 28 July 2008 - 11:10 PM.

#198 frozen_in_fire

frozen_in_fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:30 PM

yeah, I haven't seen a doctor save someone in all of Mafia... so most of the action is on even nights, right?

#199 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

no, it's split pretty evenly, but in VI this will probably be the case more than before. The Doctors and Healers will only get double saves on the even days

but yeah, no Doc/Healer has saved anyone from death AT ALL yet ;D

#200 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4854 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:00 AM

Hey if I'm not working by the time we're ready. I'd be glad to host Mafia X. The Aftermath of Awesomeville. Starring the most active members and no more than 18 in all. :D
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users