BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia IV Sign-Up

unreality

I've already gotten an idea to start hosting some Mafia games, slick. But I think I should actually play some more before that gets into my head... so you can get Mafia X. Any ideas?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already gotten an idea to start hosting some Mafia games, slick. But I think I should actually play some more before that gets into my head... so you can get Mafia X. Any ideas?

that sounds cool

*announcer voice*

Welcome To Mafia X (dun dun dun) :lol:

I actually just randomly thought of a possible future mafia role--it'll probably need some tweaking (and it's not really appropriate for Pengville anyway. :P )

But someone was suggesting werewolves or vampires earlier, and this incarnation of a werewolf type character occurred to me.

* Werewolf - The Alpha Werewolf is on his or her own side and each night, he/she can "infect" another member of the populace [maybe there is a chance that the victim realizes that they have been infected, but not sure] This would not affect the victim or his/her role immediately. The Alpha Werewolf wins if half [or some other percentage] of the population is infected by the time the game ends. If the Alpha Wolf is lynched, then all those infected are "cured" and the Alpha wolf loses. However, if the Alpha Wolf dies at night, then one of those s/he infected is randomly selected to become the Alpha Wolf [in addition to their other role?] and continues the original Alpha Wolf's task. The original Alpha Wolf still wins if the quota is reached in this fashion.

The reason I think that this role has potential is because it has something of an opposite agenda from everyone else in the game. The Alpha Wolf wants the game to last as long as possible, to give him/her more opportunities to infect people. (Infecting half the population is probably way to high a goal to attain feasibly, so maybe Alpha Wolf wins if all remaining players are infected when game ends? I like this idea better, because then s/he will try to protect certain characters regardless of which side they are on, and perhaps s/he will help kill off others who are not yet infected.) All of the other roles are designed to protect your own people, or help kill the other sides, so the person playing the Alpha wolf has to try to keep the game fairly even so that it won't end in three "days" like Mafia IV did.

I think some role of this nature, where the player is essentially trying to keep all of the other factions alive for as long as possible would be interesting. I'm curious what other people think of this idea.

Yep. I have many ideas. It is too early to be writing them all down and showing them. My ideas could get stolen eh? :lol:

I was always able to write well, yet never went about it frequently. Perhaps, I could begin a new topic that would actually top the posts of any other. I am so busy at times, so I may forget to think about it. :)B)):rolleyes:

Ok well what about another role. I have no idea what to call it. But it's an independent character that wins by prolonging the game. The (?) gets to know the roles of every character in the game up front. This character's ability is to (any day, but not two days in a row) reveal any one truthful identity to any other one player of the (?'s) choosing. This character wins by making it to day 5 alive (So the character must work to make sure that there is a day 5). This character may reveal identities in the forum also, though 1- they may lie as a method to prolong the game, or 2- no one may believe him/her. I'm sure it needs tweaking. Maybe call it the Oracle or something, I dunno.

lolz, nobody is taking anything. Frost is just hosting Mafia V cuz I want a break :P hosting is waaay harder than you might think, Frozen. Slick, too- though I don't think Slick was offering to host, he was just blabbering :P

and Frozen, if I did pick another person to host again, you've only played one game, so to be honest I wouldn't pick you ;D you're getting too far ahead of yourselves :D chillax. We'll decide who hosts later games...later ;P

as for Mafia V, I got the rules/roles/tips/voting help/etc file done (me and Frost chatted earlier today to finalize the roles and rules), I'm ready to start the signup and stuff whenever Frost wants it to start

I'm fine with whenever, the only thing that's set is when we start by(because I'll be gone for a bit on vacation). I guess it's up to you guys, when do you want to start the sign-up thread?

how about tomorrow? It gives a good period of time for signer-uppers (there are 20 slots, 1 already claimed by me ;D)

edit: why not right now? :P

Sure, why not? There's no downside, is there?

there's a 1.4% chance a deadly avalanche will crush Pengville if we start it right now... but I think it's worth the risk ;D hang on a sec

Oh really? That's kinda risky. Eh, I'm sure the Penguin will sort it out. ^_^

Honestly everyone. I feel that when I'm ready to host something, I will start my own topic etc. I would be too ashamed to copy from this idea. If I do something else, the whole thing will be created by me. Written ,directed and produced by myself. I never achieved anything by blabbering and not going forth with a try. It depends on my future schedules and the time I have available, that will tell if I go ahead. Please no questions. I can't ruin a potential surprise. ;)

Edited by akaslickster

• 2 weeks later...