Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia III

• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

#731 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

lol at the checks and balances stuff... it's so true. Look how easy this is? KOP is the invincible detective and he will just nail the mafia 1 by 1. As much as I like them going down for having killed me earlier (i would have made a sweet GR btw...), I would like more of a challenge than this.

"Fish food," muttered Itachi. "If there are any fish in these canals..."

"Yeah, there is," tman cut in. "Plenty of freshwater variety."

I wonder what I meant by that? lol again :lol: . But more so, I wonder about tman. I think unreality is trying to help the game out a little and is eluding to tman being the QA. Just my first impression. There is definitely a hint here though. Well, maybe

#732 pw0nzd

pw0nzd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, this game is definitely going way too fast.

#733 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

yeah I was very mad about how easy it was for the Inspector to come out... Mafia IV will be different regarding that, that's for sure :P

and that is a hint... so was an earlier Tman hint... but I won't tell you what the hints mean ;D you have to figure it out

#734 Cherry Lane

Cherry Lane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1636 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

yeah I was very mad about how easy it was for the Inspector to come out... Mafia IV will be different regarding that, that's for sure :P

and that is a hint... so was an earlier Tman hint... but I won't tell you what the hints mean ;D you have to figure it out

Here was the earlier hint form Day #1 : so Tman, who was an avid learner of languages, began to translate

I don't know how it all goes together, though.

#735 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

Post #51 - Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips
Post #61 - A Bizarre Bazaar
Post #111 - The Watchful Djinn
Post #245 - Dehydration and Organ Donation
Post #284 - Tabbard and Tockley
Post #539 - A Fatal Mistake
Post #612 - Ripple Effect
Post #730 - No Checks, No Balances

Quarky Risen

Early night

The Doctor sighed and headed home. KOP hadn't needed protection after all.

The dark of night

Two things were happening at once. At the same time.

At one edge of town, a Mafioso edged closer to a well-defended villa, guarded by fences and motion-sensors. Unperturbed, the Mafioso ignored Slick's house and broke into his neighbor's house. It was easy work. From there, the Mafioso descended into the basement and then took the plaster covering away from the tunnel he/she had been digging all day. Silently, the Mafioso unhooked a flashlight from his/her belt and slipped into the tunnel, covering the exit in plaster again.

At the other end of town, a Quarky Agent was climbing a tree. He/she had discovered that a partner was not necessary for this kill. From the tree, the QA leapt onto the target's roof, where the agent proceeded to nudge open the skylight and drop in- right on top of Dawh, who had been walking by underneath.

It had been perfectly timed. The Quarky Agent had a knife extended downward as he/she fell, and the knife went deep into Dawh's neck before the QA had even landed on top of him. By the time they collapsed to the floor, Dawh was dead and the QA had pulled the knife out.

Then the QA waited... was Dawh the Sphinx? The QA knew, from his/her intensive training, that the Sphinx slowly morphed into the beast-form after it was killed. It took about a minute. Already 10-15 seconds had gone by.

The QA waited patiently, counting the seconds on his/her wristwatch. 20...25...30... Dawh's face seemed to be contorting, changing, expanding, getting hairier... or was that the QA's hopeful imagination? The QA shook it off and check the watch. 45...47...52...55... Dawh's face really was changing!

56...57...58... Is that the moonlight? Or was the body getting bigger? 59... 60...

Nothing. Just the moonlight playing tricks on the QA's eager mind. Sighing, the QA left the body there and jumped up, grabbing the lip of the skylight and pulling himself/herself into the desert air.

Back across town, the Mafioso stood over Slick's body, holding a broken wine bottle. Both blood and wine were running everywhere, and shattered pieces of glass were sticking out of the back of Slick's head. The paranoid citizen of Oasis had heard the Mafioso coming and armed himself with a wine bottle, which the Mafioso had quickly struggled away and beat Slick to death with it. Red juice dripped from the killer's hands- blood? Wine? Probably both.

Smiling to himself/herself, the Mafioso jumped over a balcony onto the ground floor and headed into Slick's basement, where the tunnel was waiting. The tunnel to a possible victory.

Host: Unreality
1) Brandonb
2) pw0nzd - DEAD [Mafioso]
3) Frost - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
4) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
5) akaslickster - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
6) kingofpain
7) Scott - DEAD [?] Killed by Vigilante
8) Grey Cells - DEAD [Mafioso]
9) Ravi
10) LIS
11) pieman
12) Nayana - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
13) Lucifer
14) dawh - DEAD [?] Killed by Quarky Agent
15) johnson
16) tman
17) Ben Law - DEAD [Healer]
18) Ploper - DEAD [Desert Warrior] Dehydration
19) Cherry Lane
20) Itachi
21) dnae

being the 4th day, the Spy can spy today ;D

#736 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Wow, that was unexpected. OK, I completely DO NOT TRUST Brandonb. He said he is the squeaker in this post

It is irrefutable evidence of him lying or telling the truth. I trust LIS and I am asking that this be his lie detection.

Think about Brandon's posting all game. -way too intense and impatient as if he has some sort of bloodlust

I'm pegging him as a Quarky.

Let's just have LIS see if he's telling the truth. If he's lying then he' a Quarky!

#737 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

Well, I guess that's that. I'll be watching...and waiting...for Mafia IV :P

Good luck, all! You're going to need it.

If I ever find out who that Quarky Agent is, he is so haunted! :mad:

#738 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

my suspicious characters are ...

Itachi-san attempting to take GC off the hook
ravi - no real offering of defense
pieman - quite and defended GC and voted for KOP ??

Edited by Lost in space, 11 July 2008 - 07:52 PM.

#739 pw0nzd

pw0nzd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

If I ever find out who that Quarky Agent is, he is so haunted! :mad:

lol

*goes with dawh to haunt the Quarkys*

#740 kingofpain

kingofpain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

I do not trust Brandon. On the same note though, I do not trust Itachi either. Itachi is almost trying too hard to avoid saying "I am innocent" in spite of the fact that this is what he wants us to believe.

Brandon has made a lie detectable statement. How about you follow suit and we leave it to LIS to pick which one of you to lie detect.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users