Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia III

• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

#531 esjohnson

esjohnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

omg... so you're quitting?

then I ask three things of you:

1) don't come onto this topic and comment
2) don't play future Mafia games
3) don't vote the topic down just cuz you don't like it :P

thanks

That was too harsh for a mere 11 year old kid.

I didn't like the rule 2.

#532 Ben Law

Ben Law

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

So let it be known to all that an Innocent has been lynched because of Herd Mentality. Before the Mayor voted, everyone voted for me to be lynched. The Baddies required to persuade just 3 Innocents (That is why they are called Innocents, they are easily persuaded) to get their job done. They don't think that this is a good enough reason ;) but wants everybody to reveal their role .. lol ... I would rather "Die" than reveal my role

#533 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

That was too harsh for a mere 11 year old kid.

I didn't like the rule 2.

I agree it was harsh, but rule two makes some sense. She quit because she didn't like how long the game was taking and for a few other reasons that are characteristic of Mafia. She probably wouldn't even want to play another game, considering the same thing will probably happen again.

#534 esjohnson

esjohnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:27 PM

I would rather "Die" than reveal my role

Now thats the spirit.

#535 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

I agree it was harsh, but rule two makes some sense. She quit because she didn't like how long the game was taking and for a few other reasons that are characteristic of Mafia. She probably wouldn't even want to play another game, considering the same thing will probably happen again.

Not to mention, she didn't read anything. The rules, the suggestions, nor did she read Mafia II to find out what she was getting into.
I agree that she probably won't want to join again anyway, but at least it's no longer going to be a problem. It's acceptable when someone needs to leave b/c of other pressing priorities/emergencies/whatnot. But she quit out of sheer willful ignorance of the game. I don't think it's harsh to ban someone when the person consciously decides to have no idea what's going on, while at the same time knowing that other people were depending on them.

#536 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

Not to mention, she didn't read anything. The rules, the suggestions, nor did she read Mafia II to find out what she was getting into.
I agree that she probably won't want to join again anyway, but at least it's no longer going to be a problem. It's acceptable when someone needs to leave b/c of other pressing priorities/emergencies/whatnot. But she quit out of sheer willful ignorance of the game. I don't think it's harsh to ban someone when the person consciously decides to have no idea what's going on, while at the same time knowing that other people were depending on them.

Yeah, at least SillouhetteMind had a reason for quitting, he was busy. Now we're just talking about this because the argument with Ben Law has just become hopeless :lol: . Let's just hope unreality gets on soon to end this. B))

Edited by Frost, 10 July 2008 - 04:37 PM.

#537 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

Yeah, at least SillouhetteMind had a reason for quitting, he was busy. Now we're just talking about this because the argument with Ben Law has just become hopeless :lol: . Let's just hope unreality gets on soon to end this. B))

Lets continue the convo in Mafia III sign-up, there's really nothing left to say here.

#538 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

sorry guys- was up late last night. I didn't wake up til noon ;D

as soon as the good comp clears up, the day post is coming :P until then, please don't post in this topic. Thanks!

#539 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:58 PM

Post #51 - Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips
Post #61 - A Bizarre Bazaar
Post #111 - The Watchful Djinn
Post #245 - Dehydration and Organ Donation
Post #284 - Tabbard and Tockley

A Fatal Mistake

Afternoon

"Come on, guys!" Ben Law complained. "Brandonb is the Godfather! Listen to me!!!"

"Nobody's listened to you," Brandonb retorted. "Not even the Mayor."

Ben Law's eyes flickered around nervously. Then: "Where's sagekid?"

"She couldn't handle the suspense," Frost chuckled. "She fled into the desert a few hours ago."

"What... what about SillouhetteMind?" Ben Law gasped. "He can help me!"

"No, he had urgent business in the capital city Denbrain," explained Tman.

Ben Law looked defeated now. "You'll regret this!"

"Then reveal your role!" Frost snapped. "It'll do you no harm now!"

"I'm taking it to the grave," Ben Law responded.

"Kill him already!" ES Johnson boomed. "My luxurious pool with hot girls and cold lemonade is waiting for me!"

"As you wish, Mayor," said Frost, pulling out his Penguin Pistol©, a relic from his baddie-killing days in Awesomeville. He shot Ben Law on the spot and then the townsfolk started screaming and shouting in a flood to tear down Ben's house.

"A baddie, a baddie!" they roared on their way to his small flat. In the crowd pulsed, like a human snake- but then they all froze in unison, disbelieving. The herbal concoctions and ancient alchemy lorebooks of a Healer were strewn across Mr. Law's bed.

"Damn," whistled dawh. "He made a fatal mistake."

Fearful, the residents of Oasis returned home, knowing that the night ahead would be a long and deadly one. The Mafia were still at large, and who knew how many QAs were left! But they felt a bit comforted, as the Vigilante (if he/she was still alive) would also be visiting a (hopefully) bad guy tonight, and the Doctor and Bodyguard may still be around to help out.

Either way, there was no denying it as crackles of blue static electricity lit up the distant, dusty sky.

There would be a sandstorm tonight.

Host: Unreality
1) Brandonb
2) pw0nzd - DEAD [Mafioso]
3) Frost
4) Itachi - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
5) akaslickster
6) kingofpain
7) Scott
8) Grey Cells
9) Ravi
10) LIS
11) pieman
12) Nayana - DEAD [?] Killed by Mafia
13) Lucifer
14) dawh
15) johnson
16) tman
17) Ben Law - DEAD [Healer]
18) Ploper - DEAD [Desert Warrior] Dehydration
19) Cherry Lane
20) SillouhetteMind
21) dnae

Note: Cherry Lane has stepped in for Sagekid

Second Note: someone still needs to step in for SM

#540 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:02 PM

Yeah . It's understandable , it was risky for him to come out with it . He was one of our protectors .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users