BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia III

unreality

well 21 people would be perfect... 7 baddies and 14 Innocents

so let's break out the role ideas again ;D

I'm not sure about the balance, but some people were interested in a Bodyguard character, so I was thinking he/she could have an ability something like this:

* Can choose to protect someone during the night, but not two nights in a row and if the person is attacked, there is a chance the Bodyguard will foil the murder, a chance that he/she will die protecting the other person and a chance that he/she will kill the attacker instead. (Though, come to think of it, that sounds sort of like an offensive bomb character. :P )

One possible twist that I thought of would be that he/she chooses a person to protect during the day (so he/she would PM the host three choices in preferred order and then the host would announce that the Bodyguard is protecting the top choice that is still alive after the lynching during the day, but in addition to the rules * above, he can't choose to protect the same person twice (like the thief ;) .) This would essentially give one character bomb status for a night and everyone will know, so attack at your own risk.

Again, I'm not sure how that would balance in the game, but some people seem excited about some sort of bodyguard and I thought of this, so I decided to share. B))

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 14th Innocent role will be the Bodyguard. They can choose one person (not themself, but they can do 2x in a row, but not 3x) to protect. If someone comes to kill that person, there's 3 equally likely outcomes:

* Bodyguard dies to defend the charge

* Bodyguard protects the charge from dying

* Bodyguard kills the would-be-killer

the 14th Innocent role will be the Bodyguard. They can choose one person (not themself, but they can do 2x in a row, but not 3x) to protect. If someone comes to kill that person, there's 3 equally likely outcomes:

* Bodyguard dies to defend the charge

* Bodyguard protects the charge from dying

* Bodyguard kills the would-be-killer

the second outcome looks better..the third one wud be a bit similar to bomb...just my thoughts

This is the FINAL roster lol:

1) Brandonb

2) pw0nzd

3) Frost

4) itachi-san

5) akaslickster

6) kingofpain

7) Scott

8) Grey Cells

9) Ravi

10) LIS

11) pieman

12) Nayana

13) Lucifer

14) dawh

15) johnson

16) tman

17) Ben Law

18) Ploper

19) sagekid

20) SillouhetteMind

21) dnae

I will repost the new 'Rules, Roles & Strategy Tips' soon

Can everyone make an effort to consolidate their posts on this topic please? If you thought Mafia II was difficult to scroll through, just look at this topic so far... there's going to be way too many posts if we keep posting one word/one sentence replies. Most of this topic so far could have been discussed with unreality in PMs. If you want to say something not in-game related, post it in the Mafia III Signup thread. I thought/was hoping that this thread would only be the game... alas, my hopes have been dashed <_<

-this is nothing personal against anyone. a cleaner thread would benefit everyone