Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia III

• Please log in to reply
1034 replies to this topic

#1011 Brandonb

Brandonb

The Accused

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:07 PM

I really think we should put a limit on how many people can play just so that we don't have to wait for everyone to vote.

That's the idea behind the 24-12 time limits. Everyone must wait for the time to expire. So there is no reason for people to wait on stragglers, and when everyone says what they need to say, then they can get back on to check the thread when the predetermined time limit expires.

#1012 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4844 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:14 PM

Also, I think , a firm agreement from each player is needed about said rules. No more gobbledygook from people.
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#1013 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

playing the game means you agree with the rules ;D

btw there will be 20 players, 8 baddies and 12 Innocents

on the time-limit note, each day is 24 hours no matter what, but the night has a maximum of 12 hours, like I may post the night post sooner than the full 12 hours.

on second thought, the night-maximum will have to be re-adjusted each time the day ends, depending on what time that is, so that the night post limit doesn't fall during my sleeping time

#1014 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4844 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:51 PM

Rule #1 The host is not allowed to sleep until the game is over. He is the moderator of it. JK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#1015 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

Rule one is be polite - except within RP

I really think we should put a limit on how many people can play just so that we don't have to wait for everyone to vote.

limit is as he host sets it - VR or real life we are afected by other ppl/circumstances so we do not need to limmit ppl only
voting time - it looks like the host shld state odd/even day/night follows after the story and murders cos some are confused or that may have been RP ??

playing the game means you agree with the rules ;D

btw there will be 20 players, 8 baddies and 12 Innocents

on the time-limit note, each day is 24 hours no matter what, but the night has a maximum of 12 hours, like I may post the night post sooner than the full 12 hours.

on second thought, the night-maximum will have to be re-adjusted each time the day ends, depending on what time that is, so that the night post limit doesn't fall during my sleeping time

Might be hard for those outside your time - india and UK, I think you may have to consider 24hrs for night too

Whats the rush ?? we dont want to waych paint dry, we shldnt play it like speed chess - fair chance for all - I can not connect except by being around EVERY day or LATE every night ....
well im not around for the next, so I wont be affected - Im actually sad about it - but its a chance to see if ppl are playng the game or just voting, and to see if we can all play nicely in Mafia V -

#1016 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

Yeah ! I agree with LIS on the night time being less in our time zones(India and UK) . I spend almost 8 hours in coll . , so there goes the chunk of 12 hrs . Maybe we can have a max of 18 hrs. in the night .
And regarding PM'ing during the game , we could instead send messages through our e-mail id's , keeping an alternate window open . That way , the mafia and QA can send messages without any fear of spying . :P But of course , everybody must agree with this .

#1017 Nayana

Nayana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

And regarding PM'ing during the game , we could instead send messages through our e-mail id's , keeping an alternate window open . That way , the mafia and QA can send messages without any fear of spying . :P But of course , everybody must agree with this .

lol...yeah :P u said it GC! ;) I wasn't a mafia in any game but even when I was a QA, I didn't get to pm...That idea of emails is fair enough ;)

#1018 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

I guess since we're having time limits on night, will that mean that if someone doesn't PM you(The Doctor for example) within the time limit then they don't perform their role's ability(so the Doc wouldn't save someone)?

#1019 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

I guess since we're having time limits on night, will that mean that if someone doesn't PM you(The Doctor for example) within the time limit then they don't perform their role's ability(so the Doc wouldn't save someone)?

Yeah ! That would be great for the baddies . :a mischievious twinkle in the eye: :P

#1020 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:49 PM

Yeah ! That would be great for the baddies . :a mischievious twinkle in the eye: :P

Well, I meant for everyone, including baddies. If no mafia consensus, no Mafia kill, same with the GR and QA's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users