BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

unreality

Question

hey guys, I need some help cracking these secret roles ;D they're part of a Mafia game I just joined on a LOST fansite called Lostpedia, and they're "secret" roles, though the Host gave us some clues as to what they are... maybe my fellow BrainDenizens can help me out :P

these are the secret roles:

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~’~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. ~~/~~~ ~~ aware ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

I'm thinking so far, for the second one:

- The XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. or/and ~~ aware that they are ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

some options I can think of for two-letter words:

to

or

an

is

it

of

I'm

AM

PM

FM

XM

• Answers 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I got it!

-The XXXXX Protector: as long as this player is still alive, the ~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ ~~ I, then this player ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, then ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~'~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

-The ~~~~~ Protector: as long as this player is still alive, the ~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ ~~ I, then this player ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~'~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- The XXXXXXXX: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

I was thinking the last two words are "do this" or "do that", but the last word has 5 letters...

maybe it's not "trying to" right before that...? I put that in cuz it made a bit of sense

Maybe "to be"? To be saved, to be found, to be given?

Damn:

I'm pretty sure that's a typo. I will re-make the description of that role slightly. Sorry you went through that work to have me slightly change it up, but the game hasn't started yet, right? ;) It's still a work in progress (the game, that is). But if you cracked it this fast, you'll crack the revised version even faster. It'll be more straightforward, I think.

maybe the role 1 is "The Crime Protector" and the "Criminal" cannot be killed

or they could be the "The Mafia Protector" and the "Mafiosos" cannot be killed

Those are 8 letters, and I don't think mafiosos can't be killed...maybe "leaders". The 7 letter characters are burglar, dentist, and psychic...

But I think maybe this has something to do w/ the "special event" that allows the cult leaders discover each other, which would tie up all the vague references in the description...

-The ~~~~~ Protector: as long as this player is still alive, the ~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ ~~ I, then this player ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~'~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~.

- The XXXXXXXX: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

I was thinking the last two words are "do this" or "do that", but the last word has 5 letters...

maybe it's not "trying to" right before that...? I put that in cuz it made a bit of sense

I think the first role is 'The Three Henchmen as per Itachi-San

The second role 'The Sculptor' - the only eight lettered role - so it is likely the Sculptor named in the first section too.

In the last line "he/she is aware they need one ~~~~~~ to be ~~~~~? As both drug dealer and serial killre need an event or player to enable them to act?

I think the first role is 'The Three Henchmen as per Itachi-San

The second role 'The Sculptor' - the only eight lettered role - so it is likely the Sculptor named in the first section too.

In the last line "he/she is aware they need one ~~~~~~ to be ~~~~~? As both drug dealer and serial killre need an event or player to enable them to act?

I don't think it's plural, since I'm *pretty sure* that the line is: as long as *this* player is still alive...

alright:

THE ROLES

- Cult of Mithos Leader: The leader of the Cult of Mithos.

- Cult of Yzmus Leader: The leader of the Cult of Yzmus.

- Cult of Morn Leader: The leader of the Cult of Morn.

- Cult of Kiint Leader: The leader of the Cult of Kiint.

- Cult of the Great Teacher Leader: The leader of the Great Teacher Cult.

- The Mayor: Once during the game, this player can prevent a lynching and either choose to have no lynching or choose someone else to be lynched instead.

- Policewoman: Works with the Policeman to try to stop the Kidnapper.

- Policeman: Works with the Policewoman to try to stop the Kidnapper.

- Priest: This is like the Lie Detector from previous games. This player PMs me a certain post and I will tell them if the person is telling the truth or not. So, in effect, that player goes to confession.

- The Madman: I PM this player brief ‘voices’ that may or may not be true.

- The Messenger: PMs me a message and the name of a player, I reword it slightly, and send it to the player mentioned.

- The Serial Killer: This player wants to be the only player alive. Something must happen in order for his/her power to activate. Once this happens, this player can kill once a night. This player cannot be killed at night.

- The Hypnotist: This player can use his/her power every other night. He/she PMs me two players’ names, and their roles are switched for the following night (the night that the Hypnotist is resting). If a non-Mafioso and a Mafioso are switched, the temporary Mafioso will not discover who the other baddies are. The switched players are not informed of the identities of the players whose roles they have taken on.

- The Burglar: A member of the mafia. Every other night (switching off with the Hypnotist), this player PMs me a dead player’s name and I tell them their role.

- The Three Henchmen: Three goons of the mafia.

- The Don: The leader of the mafia. Has a special power.

- The Dentist: A roleblocker. Due to extreme tooth pain, their patient’s ability is nullified that night.

- The Marital Artist: Cannot be killed at night.

- The Drug Addict: This player must find a certain other player by PMing me the name of a player every night. If he/she does not find that certain player by a certain time, then something will happen.

- Sculptor: PMs me with a player’s name. A statue is erected in the town that provides clues to that player’s role.

- Psychic: PMs me a player’s name. I tell them what the player’s role is. However, I will sometimes also tell the Don the player’s role as well.

- The Baker: PMs me a dead player’s name and a living player’s name. The dead person’s role is revealed to the living person.

- In Human Form: This is like the Beloved Princess. If this player is killed at night, then there are two lynchings. If they are lynched, then there are two consecutive nights.

- The Doctor: Once a night, this player may PM me with the name of the player he/she wants to try to save. If the Doctor’s target is attacked, then they survive. If more than one group attacks the target, both the Doctor and the target will die.

- The Kidnapper: Can abduct one player every night. This player wins if both the Police are dead and the majority of living players are abducted. If this player is lynched, then all of the abductees will die. This player can only be killed at night if the Police PM me his/her name.

- The **********: PMs me the name of a player. That player is both removed from the poll and is unable to vote.

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying ~~ ~~~~. ~~/~~~ ~~ aware ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~.

so we got:

- The **********: PMs me the name of a player. That player is both removed from the poll and is unable to vote.

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: ~~ long ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ be ~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

Edited by unreality

oh ignore the asterisks... that's just Brainden's replacement of a "bad word", pro,,,stitute

so:

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

lol, I live in Michigan, not Cali (maybe unfortunately, maybe not) ;D but half of my family lives in California

hehe yeah :D this is funner than I expected. I thought it'd be more frustrating

Really? I'm in Wisconsin right now...the humidity makes me not want to go outside...

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~/~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

Ha! I was right about the one letter ;P. The second one doesn't look like it has changed...

yeah but we should re-solve it, just in case

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

I forgot the rest of the second role...

yeah but we should re-solve it, just in case

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

I forgot the rest of the second role...

:( And I was so proud of my detective work...

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

- XXX XXXXXXXX: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. he/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

Okay, so now the person who can't be killed has 8 letters...I think it might be the 2nd role...

Edited by Yoruichi-san

we'll call the 2nd role "The Criminal" since it really doesn't matter

- XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~’~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

- The Criminal: This is the player that the Drug Addict and the Serial Killer are trying to find. He/she is aware that they are trying to ~~ ~~~~~.

uncertain parts are in red. All 8-letter words are in blue

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~'~ lynching ~~~~~~~.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

the apostrophy must be followed by an 's'

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~'s lynching ~~~~~~~.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

maybe...

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~'s lynching ability.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXXX: as long as this person is still alive, the ~~~~~~~~ cannot be killed. If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive, then the ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ him/her. If the ~~~~~~~~ is lynched, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~'s lynching ability.

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

* unsure in red

* 8-letters in blue

I think the "If the ~~~~~~~~ or ~~~~~~~~ is alive..." should be refered to the him/her later. Is there any position that male and female title is different but still maintain as 8 letters?