Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

changing fate.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:41 AM

I don't believe in destiny or fate or non-free-will mostly because of randomness at particle levels and my own beliefs (agnostic/atheistic)

But if you COULD look into the future, it would change. For example take the movie NEXT (great movie if you wanna rent it). Like he says somewhere in the beginning... "every time you look into the future it changes, just because you looked" (and now know what would happen thus changing it). He can only look into his own future and this one girl's future but even if there was no such limitation just KNOWING the possible future would CHANGE it BECAUSE you know it. Destiny isnt fixed... I believe you could change your fate, if it existed. The "fate" that people have talked about that they say will happen no matter what anybody does to change it requires the power of some higher intelligent being that wants that to happen and can influence events..

#22 bonanova

bonanova

bonanova

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5722 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:43 PM

(this is a pretty easy one)
If you were to find out that your fate was to die in two days,
and this was truly your destiny, (in other words. no bogus phsychics involved) and you only know that you will die, but don't know the actions which will cause your death.
What is the one, surefire way to insure this fate does not come true?

Normdeplume trashed the destiny thing by pointing out you could commit suicide before then.
Knowing that action removes my death's certainty, I don't have actually to do it.
I'd switch channels and just continue living normally.
The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution.
- Bertrand Russell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users