Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

changing fate.

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:22 AM

(this is a pretty easy one)
If you were to find out that your fate was to die in two days,
and this was truly your destiny, (in other words. no bogus phsychics involved) and you only know that you will die, but don't know the actions which will cause your death.
What is the one, surefire way to insure this fate does not come true?

#2 normdeplume

normdeplume

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:52 AM

Kill yourself today.

This changes fate because you did not die in two days.

However....... Your'e still dead!

#3 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

this one's very easy... but nothing is destiny if you know about it... you can always change it if it gives a specific day or time or whatever.... or if it truly is, maybe you would be like that guy from France who wanted to commit suicide so he tied a noose around his neck, the other end securely to a pole ontop of a cliff high over the ocean. He set himself on fire, took poison, and jumped off to hang himself, he also carried a gun to shoot himself on the way down (and this is a true story). The gun shot thru the rope so he didnt get hung (or shot) and he fell and splashed into the ocean, which put out the flames and he coughed up the poison (again, this is a true story). And the last resort was to drown, but he didnt drown because a kind fisherman rescued him... and he died in the hospital later.

say if you were the guy that was supposed to die in two days.. "later" could mean two days later. if it truly was destined to happen your suicide could fail. hm. whatever.

#4 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

Well, normdeplume had the answer I was looking for.
But I don't believe in fate or destiny anyways, so it doesn't matter to me.

#5 Martini

Martini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:03 AM

Well, normdeplume had the answer I was looking for.

What? You can't kill yourself earlier than two days away because your riddle states, "your fate was to die in two days" and "this was truly your destiny". C'mon man, your answer can't fail to adhere to the conditions of your own riddle!

I was thinking it would be something like lying your body right down the center of the international date line or something like that to screw with fate's metaphorical head.

But I don't believe in fate or destiny anyways, so it doesn't matter to me.

You don't have to for a riddle's sake. Most of us don't believe that liars and truthtellers exist that can only lie or tell the truth.

BTW, destiny is real. All of your decisions are based on the brain nature gave you and all of your past experiences. Since you had no choices in either of those, free will is an illusion.

#6 Aaron Burr

Aaron Burr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 12:45 AM

It says your fate is to die in two days. Let's say you find this out Monday, but on Wednesday you wouldn't need to worry about dieing untill Friday. and then on Friday not untill Sunday. ect... It's not explained well, so i hope you all understand. It's playing on us always living in the present while the future never truely comes. It's where my mind went first.

Mary had a little lamb and the doctor fainted

#7 Martini

Martini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 01:09 AM

It says your fate is to die in two days. Let's say you find this out Monday, but on Wednesday you wouldn't need to worry about dieing untill Friday.

Someone remind me to never lend money to Aaron Burr with the caveat that he is to pay me in x number of days.

#8 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

BTW, destiny is real. All of your decisions are based on the brain nature gave you and all of your past experiences. Since you had no choices in either of those, free will is an illusion.

You shouldnt be going around saying that like its fact. Maybe thats what you believe, but dont try to say that like its a true fact or something.

Your decisions are based on your brain nature and past experiences, etc, we still don't know how the brain works, and if you go around thinking you dont have free will, life has no meaning. It's the LazyBones paradox. Life is based on free will. On unpredictability. So get over it and go have some fun!

i dont believe in destiny. or fate. But thats what i believe.

and even if everything is chemically fixed inside our brains, nobody can determine that, so you wouldnt know you wer going to die in 2 days anyway. Your brain doesnt have knowledge like that. That would have to be a combination of millions of ppl's brains and their actions to get you into that spot.

yeah. all i'm saying is that its just a riddle, nothing more

#9 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

It says your fate is to die in two days. Let's say you find this out Monday, but on Wednesday you wouldn't need to worry about dieing untill Friday.

Someone remind me to never lend money to Aaron Burr with the caveat that he is to pay me in x number of days.

there are more solutions than just one. Aaron Burr is just taking advantage of the wording... what's wrong with that?

lol btw aaron, i love the mary had a little lamb thing

#10 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 08:15 PM

sorry Martini.

ignore my posts.

I was in a bad mood. lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users