Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Coins Puzzle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SirLogiC

SirLogiC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:17 PM

A fairly easy one compared to whats here:

You have an amount of coins in your left pocket and an amount of coins in your right pocket. If you took one out of your right pocket and put it into your left pocket the amount in the right would be half of the left. If however you took one from the left pocket and put it in the right pocket both pockets would have equal amounts of coins. How many is in each pocket?

Just note that the coins aren't actually moved, its just what the totals would be if they were moved. Second is its the amount of coins, not the value.

Spoiler for ...

Hope you dont mind me posting this

#2 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

great puzzle!

before you said it wasnt the value, it was the number, i had all these ideas ready on different coins and stuff lol. bummer.

#3 bhramarraj

bhramarraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

Spoiler for

Edited by superprismatic, 05 September 2011 - 03:00 PM.
fixed spoiler

#4 bhramarraj

bhramarraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:41 AM

A fairly easy one compared to whats here: You have an amount of coins in your left pocket and an amount of coins in your right pocket. If you took one out of your right pocket and put it into your left pocket the amount in the right would be half of the left. If however you took one from the left pocket and put it in the right pocket both pockets would have equal amounts of coins. How many is in each pocket? Just note that the coins aren't actually moved, its just what the totals would be if they were moved. Second is its the amount of coins, not the value.

Spoiler for ...
Hope you dont mind me posting this

Spoiler for spoiler

#5 DeathStone0000

DeathStone0000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

I don't think that 4 & 5 coins can fit in the puzzle...

It is mentioned that if you take one from the left pocket and put it in the right pocket both pockets would have equal amounts of coins.

Having 4 & 5 coins would not be equal, given the conditions...

.......I think...

NEVER SAY NO TO PANDA

._.

#6 bhramarraj

bhramarraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:55 PM

I don't think that 4 & 5 coins can fit in the puzzle...

It is mentioned that if you take one from the left pocket and put it in the right pocket both pockets would have equal amounts of coins.

Having 4 & 5 coins would not be equal, given the conditions...

.......I think...

you are right. I missed this condition. Thank you.
Spoiler for you are right

Edited by bhramarraj, 08 September 2011 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users