Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#11 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain
3) Thuhchris
4) Frost
5) Itachi
6) Brandonb
7) grey cells
8) pieman

grey cells: I guess it depends on how often you're on... even if different time zones, as long as you're on often enough, that's okay :D I was thinking of making each period/daynightcycle/round/whatever about 24 hours or so to give everyone enough time to do their job

#12 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

That's good, because I just got up.

#13 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

Another special role: The Grim Reaper

every other night (2nd, 4th, etc), the Grim Reaper picks one person to kill. The Grim Reaper is neither an Innocent nor a Civilian, and nobody knows who he or she is (except himself or herself). The Grim Reaper only wins if he/she is the last remaining player in the game. If the Grim Reaper suspects that the remaining members are all Mafiosos other than him/her, the Grim Reaper can do a Mafia Wipeout at ANY night, not just every-other-night, and kill all the Mafiosos, leaving the Grim Reaper as the winner- but if the Grim Reaper is wrong, he or she gets Grimly Reaped

#14 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

another, more in depth outline of the game:

Nighttime- nobody posts anything, the Mafiosos PM me who they want to kill. The Mafiosos can also PM each other during this time! IT IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. At any other time, and any other roles, PMing ABOUT THE GAME IS NOT ALLOWED! NO OUTSIDE CONTACT! Once a Mafia majority and agreement is reached, and once the Doctor has PMed who they want to save, and once the Grim Reaper has PMed who they want to visit (every other night), or if they PM me quick enough before the Mafia decides, they can try a Mafia Wipeout.

Once I have that in, I make a little story of what happened during the night.

Then the daytime begins, and all living players decide on who to lynch, and what manner the execution should be. Once a majority has been reached, I create a little story.

Then nighttime begins again.

#15 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:19 PM

new role: The Ghost

it sucks to be the first person to die, so that person will now become the Ghost. They are still dead, so they cannot speculate/post in the daytime and such (NOBODY can during the nighttime, they're sleeping in Awesomeville, the town where this will take place)... but the Ghost can pick one person and see into their soul, and that person's Special Role, if any, is revealed to the Ghost. What the Ghost decides to do with that information is his or her choice (since he or she is out of the game, they can freely PM people)

#16 Frost

Frost

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1820 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 12:17 AM

That seems like it will get complicated with all of those special roles. Won't we need a lot of people to fill all of them and still have room for the mafia and innocents?

One more thing, how can the Grim Reaper ever win if it's only way of winning is wiping out all the mafiosos when there are no innocents? Won't the mafia have won already if there is no one left but them (and the Grim Reaper)?

Just needed clarification... :D

Edited by Frost, 22 June 2008 - 12:18 AM.

#17 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:03 AM

oh yeah... shplizizzit... I'll revise my rules

If the Grim Reaper is the one to kill the last civilian OR the last Mafioso, the Grim Reaper wins.

Also, anyone can PM me with a Grim Reaper Accusation- if they are correct, then the Grim Reaper dies instead of making a kill the next night (the Grim Reaper thinks he/she will make the kill, and doesn't know that he/she has been figured out)- but if the accuser is wrong, the Grim Reaper gets secretly informed of the accuser's identity before he PMs his next kill... so, in other words, the accuser finds out that night whether or not he/she was right in his accusation

as for complications, that's the point ;D most of the Special Roles are filled by Innocents, who still pretend to be Innocents. In fact, I think in some Mafia games, every Innocent has a secret role, but in this one, it'll only be about half or so, depending on the number of people that play

I might also add a set of Lovers, or Siblings, or whatnot, one Mafioso and one Innocent, where if one dies than the other dies too (they would both know that they are and who the other person is)

#18 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 03:04 AM

the list:

1) Unreality
2) Kingofpain
3) Thuhchris
4) Frost
5) Itachi
6) Brandonb
7) grey cells
8) pieman

it's actually this:

Host: Unreality
1) Kingofpain
2) Thuhchris
3) Frost
4) Itachi
5) Brandonb
6) grey cells
7) pieman

there are only 7 people so far ;D we need more

#19 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:30 PM

about the complications of Special Roles- that's one of the awesome things about Mafia. Trust me, most people won't notice any complications happening

btw, we need like 5 more people :D PM everyone you know and invite them. The more the merrier!

#20 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 08:47 PM

not that this matters (lol), but looking more into it, it's not the people that decide how the person gets lynched, they just decide who (and the Host makes the story on how, etc)

anyway... still waiting on players ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users