Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mafia

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

I knew you were either the doctor or martyr or inspector. It just fit you as well as my ESP shook me some. B))

Well next time your ESP is going to desert you . :P

#162 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4839 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:40 AM

Well next time your ESP is going to desert you . :P

It's too late for that. I'm already in a desert. 110 degrees usually this time of year. B)) My first summer here and I need to stay inside alot. I make fresh sun-tea in the backyard. :)

Edited by akaslickster, 29 June 2008 - 08:42 AM.

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#163 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Mafia II should start soon (we already have a lot of people, but join up if you haven't yet :P)

this time, EVERYONE gets a role, and it's harder for the Mafiosos

#164 Segul

Segul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

to copy the rules over:

There are three factions: Mafiosos and Innocents and the Grim Reaper

* Mafiosos know who the other Mafiosos are- the rest are all Innocents, except one Innocent is actually the Grim Reaper
* Innocents only know that they are an Innocent, they don't know about anyone else (at least at the start of the game)
* The Grim Reaper only knows who himself or herself is, but is unsure about everyone else

I (Unreality) am the Host- I am neither faction, but I oversee the game

In the beginning, everyone signs up to play, then I randomly pick Mafia members- there's always more Innocents than Mafiosos. I PM all the Mafiosos, telling them who ALL the Mafiosos are, then on this topic I post the total number of mafiosos, so that the Innocents know (but the Innocents do not know who among them are Mafia members). I also pick the Grim Reaper from among the Innocents

The game takes place in cycles of night and day.

* At night, the Mafiosos are allowed to PM each other to decide on a victim... then they all PM me on their choice- if there are differences, I take the majority vote. Also, during the night, the Doctor PMs me on one person he/she wants to save (it cannot be the Doctor), and if that person is chosen by the Mafia, they do not die!

Also, if it is an even-number night (2nd, 4th, etc), the Grim Reaper PMs me who he or she wants to exterminate that night (if this person was chosen by the Doctor, they survive)

* In the day, everyone still alive in the game speculates and discusses who they want to "lynch" (the Innocents want to lynch suspected Mafia members or the Grim Reaper). Once a majority consensus is reached, that person is written off the game as well. Remember, the Mafia members (secretly pretending to be Innocents) also vote who to lynch, so they can try to disrupt the vote and make the Innocents lynch one of their own.

* If the last person standing is an Innocent, the Innocents win.
* If the last person standing is a Mafioso, the Mafia wins
* The Grim Reaper wins if s/he kills off the last Innocent left OR the last Mafioso left, or if s/he kills the Inspector with proof that the person s/he is killing is the Inspector

Special Roles:
* The Doctor- I will secretly choose one Innocent to be the Doctor, who, every night, PMs me of one person they want to "save", which cannot be themselves. If this person is voted by the Mafia or chosen by the Grim Reaper that night, the person lives.
* The Martyr- another secret Innocent role. They can opt to, ONLY ONCE, and at any time, PM me with a suspected Mafioso. I reveal (to everyone) the role of this exposed person, but the Martyr DIES (thus everyone learns who the Martyr was, too). If I were the Martyr, only use this when you REALLY need to for your team, because the cost is your life
* The Inspector- a secret Innocent role that can, every other day (2nd day, 4th, etc) get PMed by me (until their first PM from me, they do not know they are the Inspector) the role of a Mafioso. However, the Inspector must be tricky and subtle, and not flash the information around, because if the Grim Reaper learns the identity of the Inspector, the Grim Reaper can win the game next night ;D
* The Ghost- the first person to die becomes the Ghost. The Ghost, at any time, can PM me with the name of one person, and that person's Special Role, if any, is revealed to the Ghost (not Mafia/Innocent role, but special role). What the Ghost chooses to do with this information is his or her own choice

GRIM REAPER ACCUSATIONS
Anyone can PM me anytime with a Grim Reaper accusation.
* If they were wrong: the Grim Reaper gets PMed immediately who made the accusation and who they accused (so oftentimes the person that made the wrong accusation pays with their life)
* If they are right: nobody finds out until the Grim Reaper's next kill, when, instead of making a kill, the accuser tracks the Grim Reaper and kills the Grim Reaper first

This is why the Grim Reaper tries to keep their identity secret

RULES
No outside contact! YOU CANNOT PM PEOPLE ABOUT THE GAME! This is the most important and ONLY rule in the entire game, and if anyone breaks it, they are never allowed to play Mafia ever ever ever again on this forum.

read this about the PMing thing:

I know this Mafia is finished but there is a similar Mafia and I was wondering can the ghost post?

#165 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:03 PM

I know this Mafia is finished but there is a similar Mafia and I was wondering can the ghost post?

That is ambiguous. At the very least they can PM other people so it wouldn't make much sense to prohibit public posting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users