Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Roses

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 agihcam

agihcam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:58 AM

I have a number of roses for sale. The first buyer bought half of my roses then I gave him additional one for free. The second buyer bought half of the remaining roses then I gave him additional one also for free. The third buyer also bought half of the remaining roses then I gave him additional one also for free, this time all of my roses has been sold out.

How many roses do I have?

#2 Carole

Carole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:19 AM

14, I believe....

14/2 = 7 - 1 = 6
6/2 = 3 - 1 = 2
2/1 = 1 - 1 = 0

#3 agihcam

agihcam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 04:46 AM

absolutely correct.

#4 TEX

TEX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:38 AM

#5 nupur

nupur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

I have a number of roses for sale. The first buyer bought half of my roses then I gave him additional one for free. The second buyer bought half of the remaining roses then I gave him additional one also for free. The third buyer also bought half of the remaining roses then I gave him additional one also for free, this time all of my roses has been sold out.

eight

#6 vime

vime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

You dont have any roses.... remember you sold all of them.

#7 queen

queen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:38 PM

#8 Moodster

Moodster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

{[(x/2-1)/2]-1}/2-1 = 0

{[(x/2-1)/2]-1}/2 = 1

[(x/2-1)/2]-1 = 2

(x/2-1)/2 = 3

x/2-1 = 6

x/2 = 7

x = 14

But, of course, now I have 0 roses.

#9 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

Spoiler for a little late coming, but my answer...

#10 Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

14 is the correct answer but.....the question should've been stated : How many roses did I have to start with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users