Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Smuggling sand?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4851 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

Spoiler for The sand was only a cover-up.

Edited by akaslickster, 13 April 2008 - 11:32 PM.

Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#42 frozen_in_fire

frozen_in_fire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

He is smuggling gold inside the wheels of his bike. Heh heh

#43 albamapie

albamapie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

He's smuggling land B))

#44 Lakshmi

Lakshmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:41 AM

This is a very old joke which s shown in a movie. He smuggles new cycle every time. -_-

#45 sunshipballoons

sunshipballoons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

Every day, a cyclist crosses the border between France and Germany carrying a bag. Each day they empty out the bag and all there is in the bag is sand. No matter how much customs officials investigate him, they do not know what he is smuggling. Do you? ?

We know:
1. There is a cyclist (we don't know he has a bike. "Cyclist" is what you'd call, for example, Lance Armstrong, even without a bike.)
2. He crossed the border "between" France and Germany
3. A bag with sand in it, but nothing else ("all there is is sand in the bag")
4. He is "investigated" by the customs officials
5. Customs officials don't know what he's smuggling

We don't know:

1. If he actually is on a bike
2. What border he is crossing. There are several boarders "between" France and Germany: France's boarders with Germany, Luxemburg, and Denmark, Germany's border with France, Luxemburg and Denmark, and arguably Denmark's border with Luxemberg. Or, you could travel west from France or East from Germany, and there would be even more borders.
3. how much "no matter how much customs officials investigate him" means -- could mean they looked at him, could mean full body cavity search
4. the condition of the customs officials (blind, stupid, etc.)

So, do I "know" what he's smuggling. No, because there is clearly insufficient information to reach an answer. If bicycle is an acceptable answer, I say the answer is nuclear rockets. I see no reason why my assumption that he's carrying a rocket is any less reasonable than the assumption that he's carrying a bicycle. You can't say: "well the customs guys would have noticed a rocket" because they would have noticed a bicycle, too.

#46 HDL13

HDL13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

NO DUH HE IS SMUGGLING IN THE BIKES. HOW ELSE WILL OTHER COUNTRIES SAVE THE EARTH LOL.

#47 Mister_B

Mister_B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:19 PM

I'd guess he's not smuggling anything, rather the sand-filled bags are being used as physical training weights for the tour de France bike race ¬_¬

#48 luckybio

luckybio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

We know:
1. There is a cyclist (we don't know he has a bike. "Cyclist" is what you'd call, for example, Lance Armstrong, even without a bike.)
2. He crossed the border "between" France and Germany
3. A bag with sand in it, but nothing else ("all there is is sand in the bag")
4. He is "investigated" by the customs officials
5. Customs officials don't know what he's smuggling

We don't know:

1. If he actually is on a bike
2. What border he is crossing. There are several boarders "between" France and Germany: France's boarders with Germany, Luxemburg, and Denmark, Germany's border with France, Luxemburg and Denmark, and arguably Denmark's border with Luxemberg. Or, you could travel west from France or East from Germany, and there would be even more borders.
3. how much "no matter how much customs officials investigate him" means -- could mean they looked at him, could mean full body cavity search
4. the condition of the customs officials (blind, stupid, etc.)

So, do I "know" what he's smuggling. No, because there is clearly insufficient information to reach an answer. If bicycle is an acceptable answer, I say the answer is nuclear rockets. I see no reason why my assumption that he's carrying a rocket is any less reasonable than the assumption that he's carrying a bicycle. You can't say: "well the customs guys would have noticed a rocket" because they would have noticed a bicycle, too.

You are the best! I perfectly agree with you!

For me he mot smuggling nothing he is just carrying the sand bag to be heavier and get trained
;)

#49 timbolina

timbolina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

i've heard a joke version of this - its the bike

#50 Gambit

Gambit

Advanced Member

• Members