Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

My Google Gadgets in Your Language

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

My 3 google gadgets I made for you are as follows:
Brain Teasers gadget
Puzzles & Riddles gadget
Famous Optical Illusions gadget

I have written the Brain Teasers and Illusions gadgets in several languages. In particular, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and simplified Chinese. So if you have a google account and you have already added my gadgets (mentioned above) to your google home page, then you can see them in several languages (depending on what your country and language preferences are).

For instance, after you have added my gadgets, you can see them in Spanish via this link - http://www.google.com/ig?hl=es.

For more language abbreviations check http://www.google.co...dgets/i18n.html.

If you are a native speaker (of the 8 above mentioned languages), you can check them and find some bugs.

Have fun.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#2 UKJon

UKJon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

OK, so just how many languages do you know?

#3 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:26 PM

OK, so just how many languages do you know?

5 = Slovak, Czech, English, German, Russian

btw, the Illusions gadget is already translated into Chinese ... if you already have the gadget added to your igoogle.com then you can set the preferences to other language, for instance to Chinese

I would still like to have the static (non-forum) pages translated to other languages by humans (so the automatic translation by Google would be the last option) - eg. to Chinese, German and Spanish

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#4 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3698 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:34 AM

5 = Slovak, Czech, English, German, Russian

I might be ignorant about this but... isn't that like me saying that I speak Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian and Montenegrian ;)

#5 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:05 AM

I might be ignorant about this but... isn't that like me saying that I speak Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian and Montenegrian ;)

you're right (partly) ... I am glad that I provoked your response :D ... however, there is something interesting going on - the Czechs (new generation) have more problems to understand Slovaks and speak in Slovak whereas we (Slovaks) understand and speak Czech language quite fluently without strong accent ... I guess since we separated there was stronger influence from Czechs on Slovaks than vice versa (mainly due to more Czech TV stations coverage in Slovakia than Slovak TV stations in Czech Republic)

ps: I have been to Dubrovnik a few months ago ... great place for vacation B))

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

#6 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3698 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:32 PM

you're right (partly) ... I am glad that I provoked your response :D ... however, there is something interesting going on - the Czechs (new generation) have more problems to understand Slovaks and speak in Slovak whereas we (Slovaks) understand and speak Czech language quite fluently without strong accent ... I guess since we separated there was stronger influence from Czechs on Slovaks than vice versa (mainly due to more Czech TV stations coverage in Slovakia than Slovak TV stations in Czech Republic)

ps: I have been to Dubrovnik a few months ago ... great place for vacation B))

I get it... :) itís like Serbian and Macedonian language. Before Yugoslavia went to smithereens, all of the Republics were studying Serbian in schools and that combined with the current popularity of Serbian television there, you get Macedonians that still speak and understand Serbian, and Serbs that only understand one phrase in Macedonian language... <_<
Ja sakam BD! :lol:

Vďaka Rookie... and itís confirmed you do speak five languages! ;)

ps: I like your shades... B))

#7 williamwilliams

williamwilliams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:43 AM

Counts down to a user specified date. Customize it to countdown to any blog event, contest closing date, poll closing date, blog anniversary etc. Here is another one with text only display. Keep reminding your visitors and never miss a deadline.

#8 SirAlan

SirAlan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:21 PM

When I looked to see if there were any options available in the brain teasers gadget, (the downward pointing arrow at the top right - it's called edit settings) I saw the possibility "you might also like..." and clicked on it. You could have suggested your other gadgets there. It redirected me to the general gadget page stating that:

"Sorry, there are no recommendations available for "BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers". Here are some popular gadgets:"

Great gadget btw.

Alan

#9 peace*out

peace*out

Adult Child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4891 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:27 PM

Do you speak Latin??

#10 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

When I looked to see if there were any options available in the brain teasers gadget, (the downward pointing arrow at the top right - it's called edit settings) I saw the possibility "you might also like..." and clicked on it. You could have suggested your other gadgets there. It redirected me to the general gadget page stating that:

"Sorry, there are no recommendations available for "BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers". Here are some popular gadgets:"

Great gadget btw.

Alan

"you might also like" feature is generated automatically - I can not suggest my other gadgets via that option

Do you speak Latin??

no (just a few phrases)

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users