BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

F's

Question

Read the sentence below and count the F's in that sentence. Count them ONLY ONCE. Do not go back and count them again.

See solutions for your score.

Finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of prior years.

There are six F's in the sentence. In general:

A person of average intelligence finds three of them.

If you spotted four, you're above average.

If you got five, you're at the highest levels.

If you caught six, you are a genius.

There is no catch.

Many people forget the "OF"'s.

The human brain tends to see them as V's and not F's.

On a side note i feel this test a person ability to perceive his or hers environment and thus it measures awareness. This is, in most cases, different than intelligence. But above is how I first found the puzzle/answer. So that is how I posted it.

-Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.

In general:

A person of average intelligence finds three of them.

If you spotted four, you're above average.

If you got five, you're at the highest levels.

If you caught six, you are a genius.

There is no catch.

Many people forget the "OF"'s.

The human brain tends to see them as V's and not F's.

I would love to see what the source of your information is ... The highlighted sentence doesn't seem to be correct to me.

I would love to see what the source of your information is ... The highlighted sentence doesn't seem to be correct to me.

As a true story I nearly failed a paper once, all for the sake of spelling "of" after IĀ“d exhausted all the variations of using "v" (believe you me, stress can certainly take over) I suddenly clicked.

As a little footnote : I told my doctor I had trouble pronouncing the letters "f" and "t" when saying a sentence, he replied "Well you canĀ“t say fairer than that "

As a true story I nearly failed a paper once, all for the sake of spelling "of" after IĀ“d exhausted all the variations of using "v" (believe you me, stress can certainly take over) I suddenly clicked.

As a little footnote : I told my doctor I had trouble pronouncing the letters "f" and "t" when saying a sentence, he replied "Well you canĀ“t say fairer than that "

or was it 'v' and 'd' denk ik! or C&A

Dat kan je ook wel zeggen!

This may help

1st traveller says to 2nd - I'm never sure if I should day Hawaii or Havaii

2nd say - Havaii

1st says - thanks

2nd says - your velcome!

I counted all 6 - that's probably because I banged my head on the pole playing tennis this afternoon and my ears are still ringing, so my brain didn't have a chance to process the sounds :)

Oh, and Heather, it's not that you're slipping, it's that you have what's called "Two X Chromosome Syndrome" - I mean that in the nicest way ;)

You wanna know what's bad? When you count 6, and are convinced you must've messed up due to the question. So, you write your answer down and decide to go back to see how bad you did. Yet, you keep counting six. You get paranoid that you really are just blind and for the life of you can't see where the hidden "f's" are. So, you finally give up, look at the solution, then realize you've wasted a portion of your life you won't get back.

I counted all 6 - that's probably because I banged my head on the pole playing tennis this afternoon and my ears are still ringing, so my brain didn't have a chance to process the sounds :)

Oh, and Heather, it's not that you're slipping, it's that you have what's called "Two X Chromosome Syndrome" - I mean that in the nicest way ;)

Lol

Anyway I counted 6, I'm a genius!

You wanna know what's bad? When you count 6, and are convinced you must've messed up due to the question. So, you write your answer down and decide to go back to see how bad you did. Yet, you keep counting six. You get paranoid that you really are just blind and for the life of you can't see where the hidden "f's" are. So, you finally give up, look at the solution, then realize you've wasted a portion of your life you won't get back.

I'm in this boat. When I see the sentence where you count the Fs and it's something about scientists and on multiple lines -- I ALWAYS mess up. Heh -- I got this one right. I are smart.

I didn't get it at first so I started to panic when you said that you should count the f's, because I thought it was like this puzzle that I saw last time. They were saying to read the paragraph carefully and said things like really go into it, don't miss a bit and so on and the paragraph was actually referring to itself. After I realised that it wasn't a trick and you just wanted us to read that last sentance, I got 4/5. I missed the last f(s).

This isn't actually down to stupidity, but actually down to your brain and how it processes infomation. Everyones brain does it naturally as it gets used to vertain things and I sure if you people read it at a normal pace you would normally recognise 3. There are other brain tricks like this, e.g. there is one that has a pyramid with like 6 words, and it had two "had" next to each other and the brain misses one out. It's how the mind processes it.

Edited by NintendoMad

This reminded me of a silly joke Soupy Sales told one time.

A guy goes to the eye doctor who asks him to read an eye chart. The first line of the eye chart was:

O V A D F

They guy says, "O, V, A, D, K."

The doctor asks him to try again.

"O, V, A, D, K."

The doctor says that the last letter is F.

The guy replies that he sees a K.

The doctor assures him that he (the doctor) can clearly see an F, but the guy insists that he sees a K. In fact, in reading the remainder of the eye chart, the guy sees a K whenever there is an F.

The doctor asks, "Why is it than whenever I see F, you see K?"

Read the last sentence aloud.

I told you it was silly. ;)