Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EXPERT TEST - Please read all instructions before starting

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 comperr

comperr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:07 AM

Please have at least 15 posts before taking this test:

Print this page out on a sheet of paper before taking this test.

This is a test to determine how well you are able to follow directions. Accuracy is more important than speed; you will have all the time you need to complete the test. Before beginning, read the test through once carefully to make sure you understand all the directions.

1. In the first paragraph of this test, circle every word beginning with the letter A.

2. Underline two nouns in direction 1 of this test.

3. Count and write down the number of three-letter words in directions 2, 5, and 6.

4. Cross out all the commas in the first ten lines of this test.

5. Fill in the center of all the O’s in the third line of the first paragraph of this test.

6. Do not follow any of the first five numbered directions. Do not make any mark on this paper.

I have seen this test before. Credit goes to a website I can not remember for these questiosns.

#2 savagegamer90

savagegamer90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:09 AM

it's amazing how many people would go through the trouble of taking this test, beause they don't read the very first instruction, which was to read the whole thing through

#3 mathemagister

mathemagister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

I've seen it in a book, well it's a teensy bit different:

It doesn't say "before starting" in the title and it doesn't have the last line. So, if you did the test, you should have just read the instructions and not done anything. I like evil tests like these

#4 moboo's pain

moboo's pain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

my seccond grade teacher once gave us a test like this. i was the only one who passed, everone els was trying to balance on thier heads and lick thier elbo's while i just sat at my desk

#5 comperr

comperr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:57 AM

I had the test in fourth grade (so many years ago - oh how I wish I was still.....).
The 35th instruction or somthing like that was "yell out 'I am the king of directions' "
.......I think 95% of our class failed (excluding me).

#6 mathemagister

mathemagister

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:15 AM

Please have at least 15 posts before taking this test:

I expect you said that just to make it look more realistic?

#7 comperr

comperr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 03:07 AM

yeah - exactly

#8 Answer giver

Answer giver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

Are there any paragraphs anyway? LOOK! They are not indented! B)) <_< ;)

#9 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

You all failed if you didn't print off the test.

#10 statman

statman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

I heard of a real test like this given in a physical science class. The instructions were to read ALL questions before beginning the multi-page test. Every other question (the even questions) was either extremely difficult, or was a type of exercise (do 10 jumping jacks, 10 pushups, etc) and the teacher made notes of who did what. The last (odd) question was to only answer the odd questions. Most students read through the first page, but not beyond.
This was done later, but students had learned to look at the end of the test, so the instructions to only do the odd questions was inserted into the middle of the test.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users