Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trapped

Best Answer comperr, 03 July 2007 - 04:54 PM

This fantasy logic problem where words have alternate meanings (usually related t homonyms)
You saw the table in half; but the two halves together; two halves make a whole (hole) and you crawl out through the hole.
Here is another one for you:
You only have a bat and a ball...what do you do? Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 savagegamer90

savagegamer90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

There is a room with no window's, doors, or any sort of opening, the walls are solid steel 10 feet thick, and you are trapped inside, left only with a saw and a table.
How do you escape? :huh: :huh:

#2 comperr

comperr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:54 PM   Best Answer

This fantasy logic problem where words have alternate meanings (usually related t homonyms)
You saw the table in half; but the two halves together; two halves make a whole (hole) and you crawl out through the hole.
Here is another one for you:
You only have a bat and a ball...what do you do?

#3 savagegamer90

savagegamer90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

three strikes and your out

#4 comperr

comperr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

thats one answer...there one more

#5 savagegamer90

savagegamer90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

umm four balls and you walk
maybee hit a home run

#6 comperr

comperr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 06:48 PM

You got all three.
Now you have a piano only - what do u do?

#7 savagegamer90

savagegamer90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

It would take me a while, but I'd find the right key

#8 comperr

comperr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:06 PM

yay! once you get u find urself outside of the room; but you have no animal to get home....what do u do?

#9 Riddari

Riddari

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

Going back to the original puzzle, I would think it might be possible to climb on the table and cut a hole in the ceiling. The puzzle only states that the walls are solid steel 10 feet thick, not the ceiling or floor. If cutting a hole in the ceiling does not work, you could try the floor, but it is very likely that you are at ground level and may have to dig a bit.

I like comperr's solution and subsequent puzzles. I just took my approach due to another puzzle I have encountered. "How many sides does a sheet of paper have?"

Spoiler for Solution

#10 savagegamer90

savagegamer90

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

comperr: I am truly stuck on that one I can't think because there are so many possibitilties
but I suppose you could always click your heels three times and say, "There's no place like home", "There's no place like home", "There's no place like home".

Riddari: The cieling is too high for you to reach with the table, and try cutting through a steel floor with the ground underneeth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users