Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Purpose

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 becsting

becsting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:19 PM

Can one's purpose in life be to not have a purpose???

#2 zorro

zorro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

Can one's purpose in life be to not have a purpose???

Who says there is any purpose to life anyways.
Billions have lived and died ... and thats all folks !
Similarly for all forms of life.

#3 Maximus

Maximus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

No it cant be because then the person has a purpose!!! :S maybe

#4 carlosn27

carlosn27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

in the words of the great band "Rush," if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
I agree with maximus.

#5 storm

storm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:23 AM

It cannot be, because the person has a purpose

#6 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:08 AM

Deep thought
It's am matter of opinion as ones purpose is not always known. As individuals on this planet or in this universe, do we or even one of us have a purpose?

Can one fight for peace?
It's been tried without success.

#7 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Can one fight for peace?
It's been tried without success.

I think so
You can fight, so that there will eventually be peace
or fight orally
like MLK Jr.

#8 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6375 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:21 AM

LostInSpace, think of it like an investment. Would you say losing money so that you can gain money later (hopefully, lol) is impossible? It's not. It happens every day (and more often the money is lost hehe, but that's relevant to the finances, the basic idea is what I'm talking about here). As Ploper said, you can fight the people that are breaking the peace- yes there will be even less peace for a bit, but after that, peace. (If all goes according to your plans that is, but this isn't a discussion about military statistics or anything like that :P)

#9 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:23 PM

I think it is more complicated than you realise - WRONG + WRONG = ? or FIGHT + FIGHT = ?
If there is a victor - and that is a big IF, then others will not be happy with the controlling force. Ther are only loosers especially as it cost a lot of money as well as lives. Britain has still not paid it's financial and moral debt for WW11 and Britain was not under threat. Multiply thst by the amount of wars there has been and you get larger and larger losses. War bankrupts countries, so the moment you start you loose.

There will always be someone that thinks it is wright to ocupy another country or take to it it's knowledge, belief, aid etc and interfere when it is not requested. I am not saying what is right or wrong other than the swlower route through mediation and negotiation. Too much damage is done by war on so many levels.

It's a difficult subject, and ther are many ways to look at it. Who is the authority on the subject of peace. Would it not be great to feel perfectly free from danger where ever you go. A full on friendly approach from and too all would be ideal.

Trouble is idealism is a perspective based on your point of views or beliefs. so does that mean realism is the better theory, accepting peoples differences and just trying to fit together. The first step would be to live by a code that shows others there is a true path. The moment you argue with very young children you find that it esculates into a bigger and bigger argument (oral fight you called it). That teaches argument rather than reasoning, so it's not about winning an argument it's about achieving a goal with no confict in anyway.

I can't stop you fighting if that IS your choice - you won't find me retaliating, I won't have anything to do with war. If you wish to act friendly then you are welcome here or anywhere I would say.

The first casualty of war is the truth.... That makes war a difficult problem once it starts. ie WMD.

#10 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:42 PM

Unreality,
I have posted a reply to Ploper if you want to read, I don't subscribe to the idea of fighting or trying to win a no win situation. There is never going to be peace while someone has to clench a fist first, and gambling does not help either. Your "plans" don't appear that solid - "speculate to accumulate" is ok for gamblers if they want to afford it, but going into huge debt so you can maybe come out a winner, and then a winner of what. Someone else might try while you are in debt or retry - perhaps it's a case of the richest can survive. Now that's a thought, lets just measure the true wealth of a country before we beat it into the ground or submit to the wealthy adversary.
Live and let live - Love and let love.
You and Ploper can fight each other and leave the rest of us in peace. Please try to find a better way though cos I think you both have a great deal to offer the world if you allow youselves to focus on other issues which are important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users