Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

What is your IQ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#11 acescards

acescards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:52 PM

oh, and mensa is an ego thing. it costs to take an actual test to get into mensa (not an online one, something different. Im sure they monitor it or something so you cant cheat)
the online thing is supposed to be an estimate of whether you could get in or not. they eggagerate so youll want to take the real test because you think you could actually make it, and they end up with your money.

this is directed to king of pain and georgie

#12 Shourq

Shourq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

you guys shouldnt give them your address and phone number, they might sell the info or send u innnoying stuffs

#13 puzzlegirl

puzzlegirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1450 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:56 AM

This is such a silly and completely inaccurate test. That is, unless my IQ has increased exponetially since High School. I scored around 140 then, and this test is scoring me in the mid 150's. Sorry, but I'm pretty certain that being a stay-at-home mom has sucked a good portion of my brain right out, never to be seen again. :(

#14 kingofpain

kingofpain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:38 AM

What you said about Mensa can be said about any club (most of which are much more expensive). Mensa is neither as highly selective as people make it out to be nor is it as snobbish as others think (almost all Mensans understand that IQ has no practical importance).

And guess what, it's much better than giving money to a religious organization!

Edit: I took the actual (proctored) test from where I cited my 99.9+% result and became a member before I had access to the internet. The online test cannot really exaggerate your score since your IQ scores mean nothing at all. In my case, I didn't do as well online as I did on the pencil and paper test which was 3 hours long. All these tests do is to put you in a rough ballpark. There's no reason to badmouth an organization that selects it's members based on a written test. There are far more selective clubs.

Cheers!
--
Vig

Edited by kingofpain, 25 June 2008 - 05:45 AM.

#15 IMLRG

IMLRG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

I attempted to take the test, and I feel that I did very well on it. Unfortunately, I didn't get my score, because I had to give a lot of personal information in order to get it, including my name, phone number, address, and social security number (well, maybe I'm exaggerating on that last one, but still!) <_< :angry: Now, what could they possibly want with all of that personal information?.... *cough cospamugh cough*

#16 janica

janica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:01 AM

my supposed IQ is 147 but that was sooooo not worth it! how may times to i have to bloody say no! :angry:

#17 janica

janica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:02 AM

my supposed IQ is 147 but that was sooooo not worth it! how may times to i have to bloody say no! :angry:

and yet i still did it... :rolleyes:

#18 SillouhetteMind

SillouhetteMind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:41 AM

Does anybody actually know how people figure out your IQ. I know it means Intelligence Quotient, and quotient means 'answer to a division problem. If that's true, does it mean you divide something with something else to get your IQ??!

#19 alk808

alk808

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:32 AM

This is such a silly and completely inaccurate test. That is, unless my IQ has increased exponetially since High School. I scored around 140 then, and this test is scoring me in the mid 150's. Sorry, but I'm pretty certain that being a stay-at-home mom has sucked a good portion of my brain right out, never to be seen again. :(

I don't know about that. In High School, we were measured on how well we could absorb and memorize information. In the real world, we are measured by how well we can think! It takes a lot of thinking, synergism, extrapolation, strategy, creativity, and generally thinking outside the box to be a stay-at-home mom! Hats off to you!!!

#20 yellowsubmarine

yellowsubmarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:38 AM

My IQ was 148. I think that is good, for me it is ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users