BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

#2 seems to be giving some problems, so maybe #3 will provide a slight reprieve.

There is a word bank, with the words listed in no particular order, below the list of words. I ask, which word here can be used to fill in the question marks?

RE

RED

RODE

?????

ADORER

EARDROP

PREDATOR

PORTRAYED

STORE ROTOR RATIO DETOUR DARES ROOD AIDER

12 answers to this question

#2 seems to be giving some problems, so maybe #3 will provide a slight reprieve.

There is a word bank, with the words listed in no particular order, below the list of words. I ask, which word here can be used to fill in the question marks?

RE

RED

RODE

?????

ADORER

EARDROP

PREDATOR

PORTRAYED

I don't think any of these words work?

RE

RED

RODE

?????

ADORER

EARDROP

PREDATOR

PORTRAYED

none of them would work.

It appears that the ????? word must be 5 letters, leaving only

Store,Rotor,Ratio,Dares,Aider

Then the word must contain all the letters of the previous word before it on the list (R-O-D-E), and it would also need to have an A or R added to it because the word following the "?????" on the list has added both an A and an R.

None of those remaining five words contain all four letters, let alone the fifth letter.

The first thing that came to mind to fill it in would be "ADORE"

none of them would work.

It appears that the ????? word must be 5 letters, leaving only

Store,Rotor,Ratio,Dares,Aider

Then the word must contain all the letters of the previous word before it on the list (R-O-D-E), and it would also need to have an A or R added to it because the word following the "?????" on the list has added both an A and an R.

None of those remaining five words contain all four letters, let alone the fifth letter.

The first thing that came to mind to fill it in would be "ADORE"

My thoughts exactly.

"order" is in the sentence with the directions. the words at the bottom are there to throw you off.

Yes, and I hope you feel like a STINKER for the suggestion that I was fallible :D

Nicely done ;)

Gimme a break, just waking up. And, of course I feel like a stinker, I AM a stinker. :P

I thought you old ladies woke up before the crack of dawn and had special products to prevent stinkiness :rolleyes:

Edited by largeneal

Ah, I get it. Clever. ;) I like that one.

I'm telling you, this book has the BEST puzzles EVER. There are 100, and I'll probably rip about 10-15 out of it to post on here.

And Nikyma, you bring that beating :P