Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pears

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#61 BrainBurn

BrainBurn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:29 AM

hi people..

i dont think anyone got it right....

the right answer is,there were no pears on the trees..the problem is simple...there was a pear tree,,but due to logic conclusion it is obvious there werent any pears on the trees when the wind blew... :)

#62 calcicu

calcicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:03 PM

What if there was only 1 pear in the tree to begin with?no pears, just pear.

#63 BrainBurn

BrainBurn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:29 AM

but there werent any pears on this tree...there was no mention of pears,but if your making a new puzzle to solve,i'd say the pear was floating on simply water surrounding the tree..

#64 Xspyder

Xspyder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 06:47 AM

I know is an old one and I haven't read anyone elses posts yet but my guess is; its on a hill.

#65 me4tunate

me4tunate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:40 PM

everybody who keeps saying there are no pears have not read the riddle correctly it states there are "neither pears" on the ground or in the tree so therefore there could be a pear in each place but not more than one!!!! (the plural factor gets you here) so when i read that there were 2 pears (not pairs) to begin with it made a perfectly logical explanation for the riddle... well to me anyways.... :)

#66 biteme

biteme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

Pears - Back to the Logic Puzzles
There are a few trees in a garden. On one of them, a pear tree, there are pears (quite logical). But after a strong wind blew, there were neither pears on the tree nor on the ground. How come?

Spoiler for Solution

:huh: Yeah you cant just add stuff at the end, first of all if one pear fell but there were two then one should still be in the tree. oh yeah and if one is on the ground then how can all of a sudden there be none on the ground, but then none in the tree when just one fell, seriously its lame. I think you confused yourself, they say the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree I dont think pears do either.

#67 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1341 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:30 PM

:huh: Yeah you cant just add stuff at the end, first of all if one pear fell but there were two then one should still be in the tree. oh yeah and if one is on the ground then how can all of a sudden there be none on the ground, but then none in the tree when just one fell, seriously its lame. I think you confused yourself, they say the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree I dont think pears do either.

imagine this:

tree with 2 pears, ground with no pears ... then wind blew
tree with 1 pear, ground with 1 pear - there are not pears on the tree and there are not pears on the ground

I might draw a picture if that is still too complex

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#68 Courtney

Courtney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Maybe the people that the tree belonged to came outside and pick them both before the strom got there. :wub:

#69 basketballbabe

basketballbabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:49 AM

they r in a basket

it doesnt specify where the pears are in the question

#70 divinityman

divinityman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:57 AM

I believe that it is that their is one Pear on the tree and one Pear on the ground therefore there are no pairs. This riddle works best when spoken due to the fact that pear and pair are homonyms. It is like this riddle/joke You have 20sick sheep, when spoken aloud it sounds like you are saying you have 26 sheep, one dies how many are left? since it is written down that i said you have 20 sick sheep you would know the answer is 19. However if you say this aloud to someone they would most likely answer 25 because 20 sick sheep sounds a lot like 26 sheep

sorry No avatar and no cool slogan but soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users